What happens when my sub runs out?

Xirifus

The title.

So, long story short, I don't really feel like I have the time and money to play SWTOR right now, so I cancelled my subscription (It runs out on 27th) and I have no intentions of playing the F2P, since the restrictions are absolutely ridiculous (that's just my opinion, by the way, and not the point of this thread).

However, I'll probably re-sub sometime in the future, and I'm worried about my account in terms of the F2P restrictions. For example, the credit cap is 200k, if I remember correctly, and I have way more money than that, on almost all of my characters. What happens to it when the sub runs out? Do I lose all but 200k? And do I get it back once I re-sub? Also, what about my extra quickslot -bars? Do I have to re-arrange the skills on all of my characters?

TL;DR - What happens to my credits (that are over the F2P cap) and other benefits as a subscriber, once my sub runs out? Also, what happens to 'em once I re-sub?

Thanks in advance.

The next time you log in after your sub runs out, you'll be greeted with a screen telling you you're a preferred player and it will show you exactly what you lose going from subbed to preferred.

Well, what if I never log in during my account is f2p (or preferred), but instead only log in when I have an active subscription? Would I lose anything?

The title.

So, long story short, I don't really feel like I have the time and money to play SWTOR right now, so I cancelled my subscription (It runs out on 27th) and I have no intentions of playing the F2P, since the restrictions are absolutely ridiculous (that's just my opinion, by the way, and not the point of this thread).

However, I'll probably re-sub sometime in the future, and I'm worried about my account in terms of the F2P restrictions. For example, the credit cap is 200k, if I remember correctly, and I have way more money than that, on almost all of my characters. What happens to it when the sub runs out? Do I lose all but 200k? And do I get it back once I re-sub? Also, what about my extra quickslot -bars? Do I have to re-arrange the skills on all of my characters?

TL;DR - What happens to my credits (that are over the F2P cap) and other benefits as a subscriber, once my sub runs out? Also, what happens to 'em once I re-sub?

Thanks in advance.

As someone who subbed for a long time, took a short hiatas and came back to try the F2P i can tell you that you will lose nothing at all.

You will, however, have to set up your quickbars again (so take a screenshot of all your characters quickbar setup before letting your sub run out). You might also have to pick your skilltree again if they reset it due to patches.

The money will still be there, safely locked away. Basically if you have 1 million, you will have 650.000 locked away and 350.000 to use as F2P.

Your titles will be there, but locked.

Your armour will lose its colour unification until you sub again.

Your legacy name will be locked

TL;DR: Its all there, safely locked away for when you eventually return as a subscriber. Dont worry about it.

• 6 years later...

Resurrectig a little old post, i know its not good in forums etiquette, but seems the only one i found really about this topic and also confused me a little...

Im trying a couple of month sub and i got my 6th bar out now, used to have 5 as a preferred...the thing im not understanding is if that 6th bar will still be there after the sub end or not , that mean i have to buy a quickslot unlock (account version) for the days after the sub.

Reading the aswers over here i only understood that they skills can happen to be not ordered anymore...

Thaks for any answer and sorry for the necreopost^^

Resurrectig a little old post, i know its not good in forums etiquette, but seems the only one i found really about this topic and also confused me a little...

Im trying a couple of month sub and i got my 6th bar out now, used to have 5 as a preferred...the thing im not understanding is if that 6th bar will still be there after the sub end or not , that mean i have to buy a quickslot unlock (account version) for the days after the sub.

Reading the aswers over here i only understood that they skills can happen to be not ordered anymore...

Thaks for any answer and sorry for the necreopost^^

If I understand your post correctly are you wondering if you will have to buy the 6th action bar if you return to being a preferred (f2p) player having once been subbed. I think you will have to buy an unlock to get the 6th if you go back to being a preferred player.

I'm not certain though however I'm pretty sure there are some experts on here who will know for sure.

If I understand your post correctly are you wondering if you will have to buy the 6th action bar if you return to being a preferred (f2p) player having once been subbed. I think you will have to buy an unlock to get the 6th if you go back to being a preferred player.

I'm not certain though however I'm pretty sure there are some experts on here who will know for sure.

Thanks

Exactly this, im planning to do preferred -> sub -> preferred

Waiting for experts, meanwhile i ll try to understand if i really need that 6th...

As someone who subbed for a long time, took a short hiatas and came back to try the F2P i can tell you that you will lose nothing at all.

You will, however, have to set up your quickbars again (so take a screenshot of all your characters quickbar setup before letting your sub run out). You might also have to pick your skilltree again if they reset it due to patches.

The money will still be there, safely locked away. Basically if you have 1 million, you will have 650.000 locked away and 350.000 to use as F2P.

Your titles will be there, but locked.

Your armour will lose its colour unification until you sub again.

Your legacy name will be locked

TL;DR: Its all there, safely locked away for when you eventually return as a subscriber. Dont worry about it.

Mostly true, but this isn't exactly what will happen to characters that were created while a subscriber.

You will lose access to the quickbars. If and only if you do get the urge to sign into a character while un-subd, then whatever you assigned to non-ftp bars will be erased, but that won't happen to any characters you don't log into (personal experience).

During ftp, any amount of credits over the limit that is on each individual character goes into escrow. These funds can be accessed by purchasing one of the escrow unlocks. However, before your subscription ends, if you transfer your credits to your Legacy Bank, then you can withdraw funds (up to the ftp limit) should you need it. But again, as stated, those funds will be available in full whenever you resubscribe. You can also deposit credits to your Legacy as a ftp. You won't be able to withdraw/use amounts above the limit, but you will still be able to make tons of small purchases that way.

Titles and Legacy Titles do become locked, but again the unlocks are usually sold on GTN for anyone who want to go ftp but don't want to spend money on the Cartel Market.

Dyed armors, though, will not change if already set in an Appearance Tab. In addition to that, Hide Helmet option will remain whatever setting it was while subscribed. However, you will not be able to toggle Helmet on/off without an CM unlock.

Mostly true, but this isn't exactly what will happen to characters that were created while a subscriber.

You will lose access to the quickbars. If and only if you do get the urge to sign into a character while un-subd, then whatever you assigned to non-ftp bars will be erased, but that won't happen to any characters you don't log into (personal experience)..

So you say that whatever is inside my 5 bars will stay there and only things in the 6th will go away...not bad anyway, way better then have all if them cleaned :D

Titles and Legacy Titles do become locked, but again the unlocks are usually sold on GTN for anyone who want to go ftp but don't want to spend money on the Cartel Market.

Dyed armors, though, will not change if already set in an Appearance Tab. In addition to that, Hide Helmet option will remain whatever setting it was while subscribed. However, you will not be able to toggle Helmet on/off without an CM unlock.

luckily i bought a load of account unlock (up to 5 bars, titles, hide helmet and so on) on GTN when prices werent so mad, not sure if im missing something usefull, only that that 6th bar that apeared after subbing is came to my mind

Yeah, I'm doing that as we speak (Or, well, type. Heh)

You can always save your Interface (GUI State) and its subsequent settings by searching through the local 'AppData' folder. The aforementioned file(s) location is in fact hidden by default, so you'll first need to click on... Tools > Folder Options > View > Show Hidden Files. From there, click... User > AppData > Local > SWTOR > swtor > settings... and then it should give an overall list of GUI Profiles / States.

So you say that whatever is inside my 5 bars will stay there and only things in the 6th will go away...not bad anyway, way better then have all if them cleaned :D

luckily i bought a load of account unlock (up to 5 bars, titles, hide helmet and so on) on GTN when prices werent so mad, not sure if im missing something usefull, only that that 6th bar that apeared after subbing is came to my mind

As an alt'aholic who didn't have any of the account unlocks, the characters I played during lapses in sub would always erase those hidden quickbars, but the characters that I ignored until sub'd again still had everything where I wanted them. Since you bought 5 bar unlocks, you won't need to worry about them. Good choice to buy them from GTN while still sub'd.

I don't think it's been mentioned, but as a preferred player if you click on someone's referral link it'll get you the "preferred friends" loot box on your characters that includes an extra inventory slot, and two other unlocks (I believe they're unify colors and hide helmet but I could be wrong on those two. I haven't had to use those two for years.)

I don't think it's been mentioned, but as a preferred player if you click on someone's referral link it'll get you the "preferred friends" loot box on your characters that includes an extra inventory slot, and two other unlocks (I believe they're unify colors and hide helmet but I could be wrong on those two. I haven't had to use those two for years.)

good to know, but those are all part of those unlocks i bought years ago when the prices where all normal , not mad high like now^

from what i can see i miss the 6th bar and the companion appearance ones....not really sure if there is something more

good to know, but those are all part of those unlocks i bought years ago when the prices where all normal , not mad high like now^

from what i can see i miss the 6th bar and the companion appearance ones....not really sure if there is something more

The only thing I can think of that you will be missing is the Artifact unlock. Without it you won't be able to use purple quality and higher gear. Not sure if the unlock unlocks the higher gear though, but I do know the account version is quite expensive.

The only thing I can think of that you will be missing is the Artifact unlock. Without it you won't be able to use purple quality and higher gear.

Something I just learned on my ftp account that used to be sub'd regarding the CM color crystals. I was about to install a color crystal into a sniper rifle for HK when I chose a color that had only ever been unlocked for this particular character. Using the "transfer copy" icon from Collections resulted in a copy that was shadowed out with "Requires Artifact Quality Unlock to Use" message.

It seems that after you unlock a particular color on one character, then you will have to either unlock Artifacts or buy the account unlock on that item. Unless, that is, you learned to keep one copy of character only items in your bank while sub'd as I try to do (as a security measure against computer glitches that erase those character only unlocks). In this case, those crystals were marked with "Previously Authorized by Subscription".

• 2 weeks later...

happened to start a new toon and i end up gettin those free customization they give out when we get the first companion.

i dont remember if those were usable without "crew member appearance custommization" unlock () or not but the question is another...

if i get a new custom for a companion, will that stay there after the sub is gone or ill end up with base looking companon and the "skin" in my inventory?

is it like as for the artifact unlock or not?

You can continue to use Companion Customisations but once you take them off you can not apply them again unless you have the Crewmember Appearence Unlock.

For Gear it's the same, aslong as you wear it it's okay, take it off and you can not put it on again unless you have the Artifact Gear unlock.

Edited by hof_th

You can continue to use Companion Customisations but once you take them off you can not apply them again unless you have the Crewmember Appearence Unlock.

For Gear it's the same, aslong as you wear it it's okay, take it off and you can not put it on again unless you have the Artifact Gear unlock.

That's not entirely accurate. A companion customization or artifact piece of gear that is equipped when your subscription runs out will be designated "Previously Authorized by Subscription." When you examine a previously authorized gear item you'll see "Requires Level #," "Requires [Armor Type] Armor," and below those "Previously Authorized by Subscription." Companion customizations will list "Requires [Companion Name]" and "Previously Authorized by Subscription." An item that is previously authorized can be removed and re-equiped, but you won't be able to use other items that require account unlocks, e.g.: Crew Member Appearance or Artifact Equipment, without the appropriate account unlock.

That's not entirely accurate. A companion customization or artifact piece of gear that is equipped when your subscription runs out will be designated "Previously Authorized by Subscription." When you examine a previously authorized gear item you'll see "Requires Level #," "Requires [Armor Type] Armor," and below those "Previously Authorized by Subscription." Companion customizations will list "Requires [Companion Name]" and "Previously Authorized by Subscription." An item that is previously authorized can be removed and re-equiped, but you won't be able to use other items that require account unlocks, e.g.: Crew Member Appearance or Artifact Equipment, without the appropriate account unlock.

Ok it's been a few years since I had a Prefered Character with Artifact Gear so my memory could be faulty

But on my Second, prefered, Accout I have a character that got both Lana and Senya while Subscribed during 4.x and while I could remove the Appearence Customisations from them about 2 weeks ago I can not reaply them. When I try I get the Error "Cannot use or Equip this Item due to your Subscription Status". So it seems that it is not always possible to use Customisations you got while subbed.

Ok it's been a few years since I had a Prefered Character with Artifact Gear so my memory could be faulty

But on my Second, prefered, Accout I have a character that got both Lana and Senya while Subscribed during 4.x and while I could remove the Appearence Customisations from them about 2 weeks ago I can not reaply them. When I try I get the Error "Cannot use or Equip this Item due to your Subscription Status". So it seems that it is not always possible to use Customisations you got while subbed.

The default customizations for Lana, Senya, and Koth do act odd, and I have encountered the same issue you have, but they will unlock if you sub then unsub again.