Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

EricMusco

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I wanted to hear was that chat bubbles for spatial chat are actively being worked on coming in the next month or two. Yet no mention of them whatsoever. Very disappointing, Hickman!

By the way, the discuss this article link on the blog isn't working.

Edited by Glzmo

All I wanted to hear was that chat bubbles for spatial chat are actively being worked on coming in the next month or two. Yet no mention of them whatsoever. Very disappointing, Hickman!

By the way, the discuss this article link on the blog isn't working.

Yeah. He left out one minor feature but talked about a dozen major ones, and addressed SGRAs, which is a huge deal to some people. You have every right and reason to be disappointed. /sarcasm

On a more serious note, sounds great BioWare. I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by SithVeritas

Thank you for this update, but personally, I would have preferred any definitive statement regrding the fixing of bugs.

Each time I see a new update, I do not see many fixed bugs in the list.

And that bugs me (pun intended ;) ).

Edit : What does SGR mean ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Once again Hickman ignores the question of future class story content.

"I realize that we promised SGR to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character."

That sentence makes no sense and can only be logically interpreted in one way -- no SGR companion romances. Which makes sense, because that would involve investing in voice actor talent and producing future class story content and we all kind of get that that won't be happening.

(Fine for me, my sub is already lapsed anyway... no class/companion story = no sub)

Edited by Korusus

Interesting...but come on people, what's more important? Fixing bugs and adding new and exciting content or having the option of SGR. This should not be a high priority at all, hell I would even rather have them focus on "chat bubbles" and "hood toggle" both of which would not affect me much, but would be better for the game itself.

I understand this is something that was "promised" but why do we even need it in this game? Go play Mass effect if you want that, I don't think it belongs in Star Wars.

still no plans for the ailing APAC servers Jeff ?

from State of the Game #1

Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.

Edited by orpheus

Thank you for this update, but personally, I would have preferred any definitive statement regrding the fixing of bugs.

SGR is Same Gender Romances.

Same Gender Romance, aka Female on Female, Male on Male.

good for you, that you are making money. so maybe we can get back to the part where subscribers won't notice the change and quit the pay to win thing already. also please stop deliberately making things worse than they were before just to enforce cartel market purchases (example: you made the gunslinger sounds suck and the only solution was a blaster that is exclusive to cartel packs, that is a no-go .... really)

other than that, yeah now that you are finally making money, maybe now you can get back to making the game attractive instead of working on making it profitable.

ps always remember: the critic is a friend who reminds you of your mistakes.

Wanted to entirely bash this state of the game for another round of "hey let me tease you with non-answers",

and I was screaming at my monitor at "sorry for being cryptic, but this is technically not announced yet".

WHY NOT USE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ANNOUNCE IT?! That would've made the entire thing worthwhile for the PvPers.

They need love too, you know?

At any rate, thanks for clarifying about the SGR bit in Makeb. Not quite what the folks hoped for, but it's a step in the right direction.

Now frickin' start sprinting. You have a lot of ground to catch up on. Seriously.

We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP.

A different approach?! PvPers can tell you what they'd like Jeff...there's really no need to guess or try anything different...

I'll remain hopeful about the mystery area (Ilum), but...I guess I'm not really pleased that you're committing nothing more to PvP for a full year other than one attempt at Ilum that is so secret that it makes Area 51 look like a public library. This is a major gameplay TYPE, and to write it off for a full year again scares me. I assume "other forms" simply means more WZ's?!

Please add some better ways for Arsenal Mercenaries to defend them self in pvp.

I have waited so long for that to happen...

Wneh only nerfing has been done for the Bounty

Looking forward to the new content and have of course alredy ordered it =)

Cheers

I like the fact that you guys are working on a system that encourages organic open world PVP but sad its not this year.

But we have needed something like this since launch, I really think you guys need to reconsider this.

If this system was in place the PVP community wouldn't need new OPS and Warzones every few months because we would all be to busy PVPing our faces off on all the planets that have already been created. Honestly all you would have to do is offer some type of reward for Open World PVP. I personally don't need a reward but there are many players out there that don't do Open World PVP since launch cause there is no incentive to do so.

PS Mr Hickman, we all know about the Ilum live event in Jan, we were told long ago and we have a good memory!

Its still coming in Jan right?

Edited by deecee

Interesting...but come on people, what's more important? Fixing bugs and adding new and exciting content or having the option of SGR. This should not be a high priority at all, hell I would even rather have them focus on "chat bubbles" and "hood toggle" both of which would not affect me much, but would be better for the game itself.

I understand this is something that was "promised" but why do we even need it in this game? Go play Mass effect if you want that, I don't think it belongs in Star Wars.

I wanted to make a similar commentary. I do hope for a hood toggle update soon. That one would affect me a lot :>

All I've read now is:

State of the Game #2

We keep making promises and saying we'll make those promises a reality, but you still have to wait. Also, all we promised in the Guild Summit... Erhmm... Erhmm... Thank you guys and wait for the next "State of the game" update! We listen to our community!

*cough* ... *cough*

Just give us what you promised... *sigh*

Yeah a bunch of crap that you can only do in a group. Cause relying on other people so you can have anything to do with your toon is so much fun. Thats really gonna keep your 50's from getting stale.

Ok go ahead with all your "Why play an MMO if you don't want to be in a group" comments.