Season 4 Reward Teaser Blog

TaitWatson

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice teaser, exactly at the right time to build interest for rated PvP! :) If only we got information this early for previous seasons, where we got the information shortly before the end of the season.

Also, it's nice to see there are no minipets as a reward, so that non-PvP players don't have a reason to complain about exclusive things.

Go for more early teasers! :rak_01:

Edited by Jerba

Nice teaser, exactly at the right time to build interest for rated PvP! ) If only we got information this early for previous seasons, where we got the information shortly before the end of the season.

Also, it's nice to see there are no minipets as a reward, so that non-PvP players don't have a reason to complain about exclusive things.

Go for more early teasers! :rak_01:

"A beaut" is slang :-)

Also, thanks for the early teaser taitpants!

Ranked PvP Season 4 is upon us! Here's a teaser of some of the rewards you could earn!

Read More

Wow, some of the Season Rewards actually being shown off at the start of the Season? Interesting.

"Show us the rewards from the start" was a reoccurring request from players that I have to admit I always looked at as "that's a terrible idea!" - the start of a new season is always going to lead to a spike in players doing Ranked because 'Hey, it's a new Season!', but it's further on in the Season, when numbers start to drop off, that you need something to grab their attention again and get them 'back in the game' so to speak - I thought that holding off on showing the Rewards probably did that nicely.

I'm guessing they'll space out showing off the new Armor, decorations, and whatever the top-tier reward is over the length of the season - hopefully that will work out to keep getting people back into the queue.

Edited by DarthDymond

Thanks for the improved communication on Ranked Rewards. Not that I give a sh*t about the rewards, that's more for the Q-Syncers and Win-Traders, but it's nice to know about some of this stuff ahead of time. Some of that gear actually looks pretty cool.

Much appreciated Alex (I know you're doing your best to hold the PvP strings together)...

"Show us the rewards from the start" was a reoccurring request from players that I have to admit I always looked at as "that's a terrible idea!" - the start of a new season is always going to lead to a spike in players doing Ranked because 'Hey, it's a new Season!', but it's further on in the Season, when numbers start to drop off, that you need something to grab their attention again and get them 'back in the game' so to speak - I thought that holding off on showing the Rewards probably did that nicely.

I'm guessing they'll space out showing off the new Armor, decorations, and whatever the top-tier reward is over the length of the season - hopefully that will work out to keep getting people back into the queue.

You're right in a way, publishing the rewards also spikes more interest, but in reality, it only draws in the non-PvP players who want the rewards and will do anything to get them, including win-trading, queue syncing or throwing matches so a friend on the opposite team will win. Also, those players will just play until they get a certain score, and then stop playing.

Maybe this way, now the actual PvP players and those only there for the rewards will play at the same time and we get an even bigger player pool with less possibility to win trade.

Looks kinda cool but you really should be doing more balancing before the season goes live. Not even 3.1.1 is addressing most of the major issues in its current form on the PTS.

At least Season 4 won't last too long, so by the time Season 5 starts, they have had enough time to balance the classes.

Edited by Jerba

Looks kinda cool but you really should be doing more balancing before the season goes live. Not even 3.1.1 is addressing most of the major issues in its current form on the PTS.

Query: You are aware that the balance team isn't the team that makes this stuff, right?

Statement: The early tease of what will come is definitely making me want to do Ranked now. Last time I just wanted to see the color crystals. Wish I had gone for the weapons.

I am sure we will see plenty of those double bladed sabers running around. They should just shelve the auto-cannon for a CM release.

Couldn't agree more.

Why the devs even bothered to create an assault cannon reward when they don't even give a &HY# about Commandos/Mercs in PVP is beyond me.

Have fun with your new toys OP Sorcs/Juggs/Sins :p

They don't look bad, but it's not as good as Tier 3 imo.

I think that depends on the effects. The weapons themselves weren't that special, the best part about them were the animations of the weapons, same for the armor.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

So I am guessing this seasons theme is "Swashbuckler". The color crystal looks like a pale dark blue core (pretty cool) weapons look okay. I'm assuming the titles will have Swashbuckler mixed in somehow. And how the top 96 "reward" is worded, looks like it'll be a title and something extra :D Edited by Clogski