Despite fanaticism and excuses, this is the truth

SaigaTwelve

Only a very small number of people with cancel based on getting burnt by late preorders, that's true

December 13th IS the launch date for SWTOR, because people are leveling characters on live severs and will continue to play until the legal launch date, it is ONLY CALLED "EGA" FOR LEGAL REASONS"

This is one of the worst launches in MMO history, average intrence ques > 2 days.. is smooth? please.

This IS one of the best MMO IP's ever (I.E People love starwars)

This MMO does have fantastic story elements that will drive subs and have a solid retention. (I played the Nov 26 beta long enough to pick that up)

This launch WILL make a lot of customers unhappy. it won't make people quit, but rather will be counted as a strike one, and will make people more likely to quit if and or when blizza... bio-ware makes another poor choice like this again... (EGA FOR THE EXPANSION!?!? lol)

What fan boys DON'T want to consider is that, no matter how stupid, when you make PAYING customers upset. IT'S NOT GOOD for business models, period.

These lessons in common sense brought to you by the guy who lives in the real world.

Funny, the amount of people that actually decide not to play the game based on this will be miniscule.

Out of those people that do quit, because of this a portion of them would have quit after the first few months like any other MMO. Your truth is pretty self contained to your subjectivity to tote it as a real truth.

Silliness. Once everyone is actually playing no one will even care this happened.

It's called EGA so they can argue they are giving you a gift while using some very customer-unfriendly launch measures to make sure nothing crashes and they can boast a successful launch.

But launch was today and 90% of the customers are still out, there are no server queues because you're all stuck on your email.

This launch WILL make a lot of customers unhappy. it won't make people quit, but rather will be counted as a strike one, and will make people more likely to quit if and or when blizza... bio-ware makes another poor choice like this again... (EGA FOR THE EXPANSION!?!? lol)

LOL

EA has had so many strikes with me, I am not even counting anymore.

Bioware is not at fault, they are just doing as they are told unfortunately...

Funny, the amount of people that actually decide not to play the game based on this will be miniscule.

Out of those people that do quit, because of this a portion of them would have quit after the first few months like any other MMO. Your truth is pretty self contained to your subjectivity to tote it as a real truth.

Silliness. Once everyone is actually playing no one will even care this happened.

Yeah they will, the next time something bad happens and they try to justify canceling there subs, this will be one more bad thing that bio did, it will add weight to the list of grievances.

Bioware did wrong by their customers, even if it was only perceived and unjustified. They are still upset. and when they're the ones with the money. it's their opinions that matter.

Yeah they will, the next time something bad happens and they try to justify canceling there subs, this will be one more bad thing that bio did, it will add weight to the list of grievances.

Bioware did wrong by their customers, even if it was only perceived and unjustified. They are still upset. and when they're the ones with the money. it's their opinions that matter.

so when the servers close you'll be happy?

Yeah, uh, that's not how criticism works... If we took your advice and just shut up, they would assume their sales numbers are a sign that they are doing everything perfectly. If we are vocal about our concerns and still play, they will know they are doing something (but not everything) wrong. Unless they are just too bull-headed or drunk on Canadian whiskey to pay attention to our criticism.

The game's launch begins on 20Dec, you're all welcome for a 'chance' to enter the game 7 days early(vice the original days that were guaranteed to the consumers).

Cya at launch.

are the servers live?

yeah the game's already launched sorry pal, i don't care what bio's lawyer emailed you.

if people are playing there's only three possibilities

A) A beta (Characters won't stay)

B) Someone pirated the software and set up an illegal sever (Clearly doesn't apply here)

C) THE GAME LAUNCHED WITH LIVE SEVERS

There is no such a thing as EGA, EA lawyers invented that

Edited by SaigaTwelve

If you've ever been part of making anything for public consumption -- whether it's a piece of entertainment or a consumer product (electronics, food, etc.) you already know that you will have a percentage of dissatisfied customers, some of them very vocal. It's just a part of doing business. I'm in vent right now listening to guild mates play the game & it's painful, believe me, despite how happy I am for them; but that doesn't mean I'm going to lose my mind about it. Put it in perspective.

Does anyone read what the developers post. I did and it makes sense to me. My brother pre-ordered July 21. He is in. I pre-ordered end of September and I did not get an e-mail yet. So I should be upset because I did not get an e-mail to give me access on the first day? I think I am going to register a complaint with customer service because I did not get in with my brother who pre-ordered two months ahead of me. I got three words for the whinners: Read the Developers Posts.

Actually it has brought back horrible EA memories for me best left forgotten

For the most part I agree with your post, but at the end of the day we're all consumers. If for whatever reason I'm not happy with your service....sure, maybe i'll overlook it and hope it gets better, but everyone has their limits and people will remember this fiasco. That being said, if gameplay is stellar than BW should have nothing to worry about but we'll have to wait a lil while longer to see if the glowing reviews start flowing in.

What fan boys DON'T want to consider is that, no matter how stupid, when you make PAYING customers upset. IT'S NOT GOOD for business models, period.

No not really good as a business model. But like most its ignored till the money exchanges hands.

Welcome to the real word :p

Actually this is turning into one of the best pre-launches ever. Note that I said "pre" launch because the game is officially launched on the 20th. You know, when the rest of the world can play.

All future MMOs should do (pre)launches this way. Whiney losers will disagree, of course.

are the servers live?

yeah the game's already launched sorry pal, i don't care what bio's lawyer emailed you.

if people are playing there's only three possibilities

A) A beta (Characters won't stay)

B) Someone pirated the software and set up an illegal sever (Clearly doesn't apply here)

C) THE GAME LAUNCHED WITH LIVE SEVERS

Can you go out, buy the game, and start playing? No? The game has not launched yet, thus early access.

Here's the truth:

All MMOs, after launch, operate on the principle that those who buy the produce and register it sooner get access before those that come along later.

BioWare is just the first company to honor purchases in the order they came in for pre-orders as well. They are doing this MORE fair than any other game.

How does it not exist if it was invented by EA?

That doesn't seem physically possible. Can someone explain this?(Yes I know he's jealous the kid next door got a new toy for christmas and he won't get it 'til his birthday)