Remove the auto role-into-cover

MasterAtin

I personally am starting to really hate the gunslinger's/sniper's auto role into cover. You know where your toon roles to a new spot after you carefully position yourself for maximum performance? Other times it removes my instant charged burst/dirty blast. Which I know is a utility point that should be spent for something else in ops and whatnot, but when you're doing dailies, utility points don't really matter, plus that instant cast can speed things up a bit.

Anyways, the biggest rage I have about this auto role is in Quesh huttball. I've missed out on several occasions to gain a score for my team. At the acid traps on the upper most level, I try to enter cover to use my knockback to clear up the massive clusters of enemies that focus you, my toon auto roles INTO THE ACID. This is very frustrating, especially when you have the ball and you know you can score, but your toon literally kills himself/herself. :mad:

Other times my toon has auto rolled THROUGH the acid showers and took no damage. Unrealistic regarding the circumstances, but beneficial. I do realize you can't have your cake and eat it too, so to speak. Which is why I think this auto-suicide ahem, excuse me, auto-role should be removed. To prevent rolling into the acid (very bad) or through the acid (very good).

I think the auto role that happens when you enter cover is pretty useless, or detrimental in certain cases. As useless as scoundrel "enter cover" option.

I'm confident more dedicated players and hardcore players in both PvP and PvE would agree with the removal of such. Or, at least the removal of some of the random auto role positions. Hope that all makes sense, let me know if anything needs clarification.

I personally don't see the problem with Auto-Roll. It puts you in a place where you gain your extra Defend Roll. Essentially, when your target has a Green Shield Icon above their model, you gain an extra layer of defense, your Cover can then protect you from incoming Force, Tech, and Ranged attacks. I'm not sure what the % chance it is, but it's pretty bloody high, cause I see it nearly 1/3 of the time i'm hit. It's one of our biggest hidden Defensives EVER. And not many people know about it.

alright here we go check this **** out.

Put covered escape as say Shift+F

Put take cover (roll to cover) as F

then go into your spell book and take the ability in IMPERIAL SNIPER skills called CROUCH..

now place this on your Number 1 quickbar for example:

1. Crouch 2. Crouch 3. Crouch.

Now when you are IN COVER bind:

1. Snipe 2. SoS 3. Ambush.

now EVERYTIME you use any of those moves (twice in a row) you will pop cover in place ( cover is off GCD so it doesnt cost any time) and fire off the shot. this can be very fast especially for Snap Shot ultility u can basically just instant snipe while running.

I also do this for any COVER ONLY ability:

cover pulse (mouse wheel up=Crouch and again = Cover pulse)

same for entrench.

• 4 years later...

The easiest way to do this is to modify the skill used. Instead of the "Get in cover" skill for smuggler, look for "Crouch". Similar skills exist for the agent. Basically one skill is rolling into a computer generated position, the other is simply crouch in place. You can use the different skills depending on your need. For example, if you use Crouch on a smuggler, you will always crouch in place.

[PS: I know this is an old thread, but I wrote this here because I just recently got back into the game myself, and had forgotten about this. Google turned up this thread, and it had me confused for sometime. So hopefully if I forget it about it again in the future, I will find my own reply :D]

too bad.

Dont come here and cry about that OP ability.

this class is easily the most

tanky

bursty

untouchable

best self healing class in pvp in the whole game.

in fact you heal better than a full fledged healer.

if anything should be given to this class is the power of the nerf.

too bad.

Dont come here and cry about that OP ability.

this class is easily the most

tanky

bursty

untouchable

best self healing class in pvp in the whole game.

in fact you heal better than a full fledged healer.

if anything should be given to this class is the power of the nerf.

Think you were trying to post on the operative/scoundrel board.

Edited by wepeel