Bounty hunter chapter 3 bug and the legacy system, will we be unlocked?

Darthdesadarius

With the known bug to the bounty hunter class, that has yet to be fixed. The bug where we cannot complete chapter 3 of our class quest. When the legacy system comes out with 1.2, what then? How will we be able to unlock legacy system abilities and new class choices if our main is a bounty hunter who cannot progress past chapter 3 because it is broken?

Its the bug where your splash screen comes up as still on chapter 3. I really don't know if there are any quests for us to do after this. My real concern is that the system will think that we have not completed chapter 3 even if we have, hence why our splash screen comes up on chapter 3 (when we are logging in).

You can complete the quest in game, but the game does not update you to being finished with chapter 3. In 1.2 there will be legacy stuff that unlocks when you finish chapter 3.

I made a post in customer service a while back and got a response saying they are aware of the issue. Didn't say anything about fixing it.

Edited by Mrip

You mean in the loading screen when you log into your character? It still appears "Chapter 3"? That sucks then, because the same thing is happening on my Sith Warrior. Except it still says "Chapter 1"... I sent a ticket asking if this would prevent me from progressing with my class story (i.e. I had 2 class missions the whole game, one in Balmorra and 1 that actually progressed...), and was told that it wouldnt and that they were aware of this issue. I've completed the final chapter and class quest but it still shows "Chapter I - Balmorra"... Edited by phga

Hello everyone,

In regards to the splash screen not completing after the end of Chapter 3, the issue is being addressed in Patch 1.2:

• Number One with a Bullet: Corrected an issue that prevented some Bounty Hunters from seeing the correct loading screen text after completing this mission. A crash that could occur when speaking to Darth Tormen has been fixed.

Additionally, the problem players were experiencing with the Dark Side option in "Number One with a Bullet" should have been fixed in Patch 1.0.2:

• Number One with a Bullet: Players who choose dark side options now correctly receive the mission First Strike after completing this mission.
  • First Strike: Players who did not receive this mission will now receive it upon entering their personal starships.

If you are still experiencing an issue with completing Number One with a Bullet after choosing the Dark Side option, please let us know!

Thank you.

Edited by Noviru

That great news. If its just a splash screen then we should be good to go. What bugs me is that after submitting, oh I don't know, at least 20 tickets on the issue, you are the 1st one who has told us what was really going on. Just a suggestion, put this information out for your CS team to give a fluent response to players who are under the impression that we are going to have issues with legacy in game update 1.2 . Once again, thanks for the information much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note to the Dev....patch 1.2 didn't fix this...at all...not even close....still there ...in short....Bug 1 - Bioware 0.

I'm really trying to have faith in you guys and this game but the more things are slow to be fixed or implemented games like Rift which seem to have new content and fast bug fixes damn near monthly start to call to me.

Come on guys...you've built the foundation for a great game (yes I said foundation cause there are still a LOT of issues)...capitalize on it and make some money by getting these bugs and problems fixed and stop the exodus of players leaving the servers. In addition...server merges are needed at least on the pvp servers to promote more world pvp. Leveling to 50 and never seeing another person of the opposing faction is counter to everything world pvp stands for.

Just my 2 cents.

Kang.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued reports that Game Update 1.2 did not fix the issue with some Bounty Hunter's loading screen. We have escalated it thanks to your feedback, and it is still one of our Known In-Game Issues. We hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.

If this bug interferes with your ability to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ in any way, shape or form [including daily missions or legacy options] please let us know!

Thank you again for your reports and your patience as we work to address this issue.

Edited by Noviru

Any Word on this yet, Kinda intrested what the Loading page will say when this Chapter 3 is gone.

Its some blurb about "the conflict is escalating and you're hanging around Vaiken Spacedock taking missions only some can afford" or something. I could take a screeny tonight if you like. I completed on full DS on my Merc and full LS on my PT with no issues. I can appreciate how annoying this could be for you who cannot complete it.

Another Bounty Hunter (PT) here with the same issue. Chapter 3 still showing and no Interlude splash screen when loading up despte completing all the Class quest storyline and choosing the DS option. This hasn't had any impact on either the Belsavis or Ilum dailies for me but how is this so difficult to track and fix?

Where are we at? Three stated fixes of the issue from BW in various patches and all of them failed!

Another Bounty Hunter (PT) here with the same issue. Chapter 3 still showing and no Interlude splash screen when loading up despte completing all the Class quest storyline and choosing the DS option. This hasn't had any impact on either the Belsavis or Ilum dailies for me but how is this so difficult to track and fix?

Where are we at? Three stated fixes of the issue from BW in various patches and all of them failed!

It might have multiple causes, so when they fix one, it still doesn't touch another. 1.2 actually fixed it for some, but didn't for others (including me).

Ultimately though, this is a minor graphical bug. When they go through triage to prioritize bug fixes, this one will always be low on the list given the other major ones out there. And it is just a graphical bug, as far as legacy unlocks go, I have unlocked chapter 3 on BH, everything else in the game shows me being past it.

Glad to see this isn't just a problem with my character. I've been trying to figure out how to fix it for about a week now.

So yeah, still bugged, and I get the feeling that it won't be fixed any time soon because it's not a gamebreaker. You can only get the same stock answer to your tickets so many times before you just stop reporting things.

Did of the last 5 or 6 posters even bother to read the replies by the GM in this thread? I'd recap here, but obviously you wouldn't read it anyway.

I mean seriously, there's a post by a GM saying "we know blah blah, quest fixed, splash screen still broke, can continue... blah blah" and the very next post, made 15 minutes later is "any word about this yet?"

Just sayin'

Edited by bahdasz

• 2 months later...

I'm stuck on the Tyrant with the quest where I have to kill Darth Torment, but can't get back to him, because I decided to revive at Medcenter, which is on another floor and all doors are closed from there.

Been in that situation before, where I'm revived in a closed area.

Only way to fix it, is to teleport back to fleet - but I had just used my fleetpass,so now I have to wait 16 hours!!

Why don't they fix the medcenter revival thing on that freaking ship???

• 1 month later...
It doesn't affect the Legacy unlocks. I completed the class series up to and including First Strike on Ilum and still have the Chapter 3 splash screen, but my Chapter 3 Legacy heroic ability, Legacy Flame Thrower works on all characters. (Nothing else is tied specifically to Chapter 3 completion.)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...