Making money...advice please?

Dabrixmgp

How do people earn credits in this game? I know there was slicing but apparently it get the nerf bat. Is it like other MMOs just pick up gathering skills and sell what you collect? Is crafting actually profitable? I saw theres a skill like alchemy so that seems like it might make good money but I dont know havent tried it yet.

Or do people farm mobs for drops? I dont mind farming as I have never been one to play the AH and buy/resell stuff as that usually takes a lot of start up capital. Also if farming is decently profitable whats the best class for that? I always like to have one character that I use strictly for making money no matter what game it is and they tend to be the best farming class for that reason.

Top 3 ways to make money in SWTOR:

1. Stop spending.

2. Take up gathering skills, especially Slicing.

3. Sell stuff on the GTN.

I amassed a million credits by level 40, but that went down about two hundred fifty grand when I paid for Speeder Piloting (Rank 2) and purchased a level 40 speeder. The only spending I ever do is on class skills, which is a necessity. All my gear was acquired through missions or paying with commendations rather than credits. I'll pick up crafting when I hit level 50 soon.

As for mob farming, that worked great during beta. Camping Elites in beta resulted in many very nice drops. I could spend an hour camping in certain spots that had several Elites near each other and have a sack full of greens and blues. It's not the same in the retail version. I guess they nerfed that.

Edited by BlackRifle

* Do not buy anything with credits but the occasional stim and buffs from vendors

* Only buy new gear and mods through commendation vendors

* Do not upgrade a skill you never use

* Expand the inventory only when necessary, and stuff all crafting material into the cargo hold (you can still use them for crafting)

* Do every single quest available, even the dailies and bonus parts. A four stage bonus quest mid-game gets you 10k+ credits

* With whatever crafting skill you get, make sure you find a way to make money off of everything you make. This'll require some research in the GTN and some decision making on whether or not what you can make will sell or not. If what you're making atm doesn't seem to be selling, just dump it at an NPC vendor. Items from later game schematics will be easier to sell when you get them. When you're at the level where reverse engineering to get purple schematics matters, you should already be on a good cushion of money

Edited by ImmortalAlien

The secret is not to spend any money. You get tons and tons of cash from levelling through questing. The only reason to be low on cash is you're pumping too much of it into trade skills, or buying gear you don't really need from Speciality Vendors and such.