Character Transfers

andrewpicoman

Don't know if this is the right place to put this, but does anyone else feel as if EA/Bioware should either make character transfers cheaper or free? Even if it was a deal with subscribers getting a discount, that would make me happy. I never liked the server, Satele Shan, and have always found it to be toxic. I know that this isn't something that could be removed from MMOs unless EA/Bioware started to police the game, but I feel that it's on a completely different level in this game. To top it all off, you have these people trying to debate politics with everyone (particularly liberals [also not trying to attack anyone who is liberal] who also try to spam the report button on people) and it just gets annoying. I also find that the community is not as large as Star Forge or Darth Malgus. If I had just one or two characters to transfer, I wouldn't mind the cc cost so much. However, I have over 30 characters on this server. Some could be deleted, but there are still about 15-20 characters that need to be moved. For 1500 cc per character though, I could never do that. Even if I did have that kind of money, it would take 2 months to move at least 20 characters, or if I were to move all 30, 3 months. It's ridiculous in my opinion. How about you?

You could reroll most of those characters on Star Forge, and transfer 1-2 characters for your Legacy to be the same as Satele Shan. Leveling is easy in this game so it won't take long to level, and this way you don't need to spend so many CC's.

For the record Star Forge is just as toxic if not more so the Satele, so if your mainly moving due to toxicity then consider that. All MMO's have toxic players it's unavoidable. The best solution is to turn off General chat when on fleet when it starts up.

If your moving due to player population however then I'd suggest leveling a bunch of characters over there and transfer a couple only.

Edited by Toraak

• 3 weeks later...
how do you even transfer your characters? I have been trying to find instructions for about 3 hrs now, and cant find it in the game, or on this page. I know way back when i moved my characters to harbinger i had a tough time figuring it out. but i keep finding all the instructions old outdated dead ends.

how do you even transfer your characters? I have been trying to find instructions for about 3 hrs now, and cant find it in the game, or on this page. I know way back when i moved my characters to harbinger i had a tough time figuring it out. but i keep finding all the instructions old outdated dead ends.

So I was going to give you a step by step on how to do it. Logged into my account & it's gone...lol

So after reaching out to a discord, I found it's been disabled.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9872404#edit9872404

Hope that helps.

Usually it's in your account area & says "Character Transfer". lol