Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ossus Weekly Mission. (GSF)

Loadsamonie
05.18.2019 , 01:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
I wouldn't mind this mission if it wouldn't include a need to win GSF games. I could play 30 games and still not finish the mission.

That's why I don't even touch this mission with a 10 meter pole.
You're pretty damn unlucky to go 30 games without at least 3 wins. It tends to be pretty 50/50 as far as team balance goes, short of the occasional super-ace or premade.

Seterade
05.18.2019 , 01:48 PM | #12
:thinking: are gsf members just happy to have their queue pop? or are they mad that for 2 weeks they have 4 people doing donuts in the west corner?

Loadsamonie
05.18.2019 , 01:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
:thinking: are gsf members just happy to have their queue pop? or are they mad that for 2 weeks they have 4 people doing donuts in the west corner?
I'm mad that I have yet to find a dedicated GSF guild on Satele Shan. Crimson Order is a good guild and I like its members, but very few of them touch GSF at all.

phalczen
05.18.2019 , 05:55 PM | #14
On Satele Shan the pops are pretty steady every 15 minutes most nights from 8:30 pm Eastern to 12:30 am eastern, sometimes 1:30 am. If its prime time I don't usually have a problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Please just change the mission so that all of the options are in the one weekly.
So it says : “do GSF weekly, ranked pvp or operations or 8 medals in a pvp match”
Then let people choose what content they want to do.

Not letting us choose is actually affecting people who don’t have enough people around to play with
Actually, letting it be a choice would just flood the ground unranked WZ queue with people consolidating around defender nodes and leaving as soon as they got their 8.

As I said before we even knew the scant details of 6.0, when the system first came out, players need to start thinking about the rotating Timed Weekly as an extra, not an entitlement. IF you want to participate in content outside your comfort zone, or you have an activity you really enjoy, here is a bonus MasDC.

And now that we know the scant details of 6.0, its even less relevant. I expect the gear to be obsolete with 6.0, and the whole MasDC/MonDC pathway to go away. Relics of Ossus/the World Bosses/the Queen/the dailies will not go away, because of the decos, and if the gear stays like it did for Ziost and The Eternal Championship, then I expect it to be purchased with Relics of Ossus.

Don't like GSF? Don't do that rotating timed weekly. It's not gonna matter in 4 months anyway, and we don't need a thread every other day about how unfair people think this is.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Loadsamonie
05.18.2019 , 05:59 PM | #15
^For me, any time after 9PM Pacific, the GSF queue starts naturally dying off steadily. Premades kill it faster, but usually by 11PM PST it's a graveyard.

sharkfishman
05.18.2019 , 07:15 PM | #16
They're happy as pie. They just form a 4-man premade and farm all the noobs who have 0 upgrades, lol. That's one of the reasons people hate GSF (like I said, I don't mind it, but it's a waste of time these days).
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

ALaggyGrunt
05.18.2019 , 10:06 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Loadsamonie View Post
You're pretty damn unlucky to go 30 games without at least 3 wins. It tends to be pretty 50/50 as far as team balance goes, short of the occasional super-ace or premade.
If you aren't a very strong player, you're looking at maybe a 40% chance of winning any given match, which makes it pretty likely to string several losses in a row and not that unlikely to finish a weekly without winning anything.

WayOfTheWarriorx
05.19.2019 , 03:39 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post

Actually, letting it be a choice would just flood the ground unranked WZ queue with people consolidating around defender nodes and leaving as soon as they got their 8.

That's a good point. I see it every time that's the weekly event for that. I can't believe people would just Dk there own team over like that all because they can't wait an extra 1 and half/2 minutes.

TrixxieTriss
05.19.2019 , 05:12 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post

Last I checked, you can’t get 8 medals by just sitting at the node and not doing anything and losing.

You need to make some sort of effort because guarding alone won’t give you 8 medals

LD_Little_Dragon
05.19.2019 , 10:33 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Last I checked, you can’t get 8 medals by just sitting at the node and not doing anything and losing.

You need to make some sort of effort because guarding alone won’t give you 8 medals
You don't always get 8 medals by playing the objectives either if you're on the losing team (and solo que gets losing teams more often than not). I suspect that's part of the reason you get so many deathmatchers now.

I get my best numbers and most medals by ignoring objectives and playing stupid. Hitting into engraged defense? Letting the enemy healer stand there and freecast? All the better because they heal to full and you can keep hitting them instead of losing precious uptime finding another target.

On topic: the warzone weekly lets you lose and still get the crystal, the gsf weekly should be the same. There was no reason to make one pvp 'wins only' and the other not.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.