Competitive in PvP and PvE

Bouncy_Hunter

Hey everybody I'm a returning player and I really want to level up a Republic character. (Most old characters are Imp) and preferably a Jedi class . I'm looking for something that can be good in competitive PvP and also solid in Ops if any of the Jedi classes can do both of these. Now I'm not looking for an easy or fotm class I actually usually prefer a steep learning curve. Please assist me with your opinions in what could be good in both of these areas in a good players hand. Usually I play dps.

If you want to be top tier DPS in both Ops and PvP currently, roll a Vanguard. As an added benefit, you'll have the option of being a tank too, again in both PvE and PvP. Juggs and Ops can work but they're average, not top-tier. Other classes will be bad at either Ops or PvP. Edited by MiaowZedong

If you want to be top tier DPS in both Ops and PvP currently, roll a Vanguard. As an added benefit, you'll have the option of being a tank too, again in both PvE and PvP. Juggs and Ops can work but they're average, not top-tier. Other classes will be bad at either Ops or PvP.

afaik there is like 1 comp you can run with vanguard DPS in high-end PvP, and VG DPS straight sucks at solo ranked. =

afaik there is like 1 comp you can run with vanguard DPS in high-end PvP, and VG DPS straight sucks at solo ranked. =

VG dps is in godmode on solo ranked, lol.

OP said he wanted Jedi class, then sage is the obvious choice (Balance FOTM on pvp, Telekinetics great on pve, healers rock at both)

Thanks guys for your replies, since I made this post I've decided to go with the Sentinel after looking deeper into each Jedi class and discipline. It may not be outstanding at either but I seem to like this one the most so... we'll see. Thanks again. I will definitely try sage as well.