2.0 Slingers

miglor

I don't know about you guys, but looks like we got the shaft in terms of new abilities and usefulness for PVE.

1 - Stealth detection...woopiedoo

2 - Roll around like an idiot ... right into a puddle of off the cliff...sounds awesome

All the other minor changes is hardly anything exciting.

At least Scoundrels go an energy regen boost. *** happened to us? guess we're too OP and they need to nerf us relative to Maras/Sents that got a nice boost.

I was popping over from the Sniper forums to see if anyone had more info from a mirror perspective, when I see all this unwarranted negativity. There's some crazy cool changes to the talent trees, especially Sharpshooter. Taken from http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=600616 and ability names swapped. Please forgive me if I translate some of the skill names incorrectly.

a few details:

1. ballistic dampers and cover screen switched places. You can get BD with full lethality while having access to cunning 9% and +10 energy

2. rapid fire is 1 pt only! with 1 point you reduce the aimed shot and speed shot CD by 3s.

3. you can basically proc trickshot after everything, and that everything will reset the trickshot proc, you will never ever have to wait for 6s trickshot CD, because Aimed Shot, full Speed Shot cast (which will be 2,1s in Sharpshooter now without any alacrity stuff), 2 charged bursts, they will all reset the CD on Trickshot, and proc it.

3. Reactive shot is a flat aimed shot 1s faster activation. No more proc system.

4. Trickshot makes your next 2 charged bursts cheaper (so you can 2 charged burst and reset Trickshot), bye bye filler attacks like vital shot.

5. YOU GET +10% ARMOR PENETRATION ON EVERYTHING, it's attached to the talent that improves the crit to charged bursts.

I don't know if the other trees also got the same workaround as I'm almost exclusively Marksmanship and Sharpshooter on my Sniper and Gunslinger, but just the new Recoil Control will completely change how those trees play and gear. Hello alacrity, and maybe even some Aim mods.

i agree i see no new abilitys for us as far as damge goes, but if the tree go untouched with 5 extra skill points i see some amazing hybrid's out there that could make us crazy, im looking at a 2/13/31 that could be nasty. we will see tho

There are 8 tiers now. So a full DF build will be x/x/36 now. No crazy hybrids.

Hey you lucky b***ds having access to PTS - I just can't get access from Germany with my slinger.

I'm running 2-16-23 hybrid and I'm DYING to see the new skill trees. Used to play pure Sharpshooter, took me weeks of practice to finally master rotation and energy management as hybrid. But once I got that straight, the build is soooo much fun and I'd really like to sustain it for 2.0 if that's possible/viable.

So here's a big request: Could you acutally post the new talent trees here (or maybe just talents that have changed function or positions?) I haven't found any detailed information regarding changes to the sabotage tree e.g. and to design an extended hybrid build I obviously need to see the changes in all three trees.

Thanks a lot for your effort, if somebody is willing to do that.

Greetz from Germany, fellow US-Slingers!

I'm hearing of parses of 2500-2600. I've been playing both a hybrid sniper and slinger for awhile and can achieve 2000-2050 on 1.7 consistently on both toons. But for the life of me I can't get anywhere near 2500. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Tried both hybrid and pure lethality on both 50 and 55 dummies. Tried it with 4 piece PVE and 2x2 PVE/PVP bonus. Anyone want to share rotations and tips with PTS?

People are so narrow minded. Slingers have all the attacks they could ever need. More utility is awesome.

Wake up to the potential tactics. I take it the OP is a pure pve player because increased stealth detection is so sweet I feel a cavity forming.

Edited by Tamanous

People are so narrow minded. Slingers have all the attacks they could ever need. More utility is awesome.

Wake up to the potential tactics. I take it the OP is a pure pve player because increased stealth detection is so sweet I feel a cavity forming.

The OP said he was referring to PVE so ya he right. Slingers (and snipers) got nothing really useful for PvE other then 5 extra skill points to expand other trees. Very disappointing, not like Slingers were weak in PvP before so why exactly give them nothing but PvP skills?

There are 8 tiers now. So a full DF build will be x/x/36 now. No crazy hybrids.

After the 2.0 patch hybrid is the way to go for DF build.

Look here.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/gunslinger/226/?build=023000000000000000000000000000000223300022101002000000000000000002300221012220210120000000000000&ver=20

What you get:

Contingency Charges now explode every half a second = great burst with SC/SS combo.

Arsonist!!! Moar DMG to XS and TG.

3 points for Sharpshooter as you now need your your points from yur stat bugdet otherwise.

With Alacrity changes you dont neet Nice Try anymore bacause you can spam your rotation faster!

With full DF you get many placeholder skills not needed in PvE (like Concussion and Hot Wired Defences) and loose all the nice things you can get with hybrid.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/gunslinger/226/?build=020000000000000000000000000000000023300000000000000000000000000002300221012220212120301103200100&ver=20

Edited by xexex

The OP said he was referring to PVE so ya he right. Slingers (and snipers) got nothing really useful for PvE other then 5 extra skill points to expand other trees. Very disappointing, not like Slingers were weak in PvP before so why exactly give them nothing but PvP skills?

My point is that they need nothing more even with the extra levels. The changes to certain powers and the talent trees give plenty of new things for the class. This class already has a ton of damage abilities and any more simply couldn't be fit into rotations. Even Sab spec has had it's rotation tightened.

Many who talk about pve also only often consider end game raiding as pve. The new roll can be utilized in many ways from the time you can train it all the way up until end game raiding. I view it as a repossession tool more than an escape.

There are more than enough changes to an already solid class.

Edited by Tamanous

There's a lot of subtle changes to the Dirty Fighting tree. For instance, Shrapnel Bomb will now hit 5 targets instead of 3. Couple of nerfs too, with Dirty Escape no longer granting movement speed when using Dirty Kick ( instead moved to Holdout Defense box when using Blaster Whip ). Cheap Shots no longer increases Quickdraw damage; instead, it's Charged Burst ( to go along with Speed Shot and Wounding Shots as it did before ). Edited by Arehonn

There's a lot of subtle changes to the Dirty Fighting tree. For instance, Shrapnel Bomb will now hit 5 targets instead of 3. Couple of nerfs too, with Dirty Escape no longer granting movement speed when using Dirty Kick ( instead moved to Holdout Defense box when using Blaster Whip ).

it's actually a buff, your blaster whip is on a 6s CD compared to dirty kick 30s. You can have that speed buff much more often.

I am not sure how final is the sharpnel bomb version in 2.0. There is a chance that they will change it before the release. It's too many buffs per one ability.

There's a lot of subtle changes to the Dirty Fighting tree. For instance, Shrapnel Bomb will now hit 5 targets instead of 3. .

I had totally missed that, so thanks. Not gonna help on Ops boss fights, but will help in PVP and trash mobs a lot... you get Sharp bomb on 5 people and I would think you are basically gonna be energy positive for 10+ GCDs no matter what you do.

I'm also surprised nobody is excited about the DF talent with will proc quickdraw. That seems like a big deal to me.

I had totally missed that, so thanks. Not gonna help on Ops boss fights, but will help in PVP and trash mobs a lot... you get Sharp bomb on 5 people and I would think you are basically gonna be energy positive for 10+ GCDs no matter what you do.

I'm also surprised nobody is excited about the DF talent with will proc quickdraw. That seems like a big deal to me.

It is... it's huge I think. But it's going to be harder to hit 3 or 5k quickdraw crits now with the change in Cheap Shot.

Yeeeah... It's a proc .... for a proc free skilltree till then... So the only way to keep a simple and proc free rota is df/eng hybrid now.

Full DF is ok for PvP now but hybrid is much better for PvE.

Edited by xexex

I'm hearing of parses of 2500-2600. I've been playing both a hybrid sniper and slinger for awhile and can achieve 2000-2050 on 1.7 consistently on both toons. But for the life of me I can't get anywhere near 2500. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Tried both hybrid and pure lethality on both 50 and 55 dummies. Tried it with 4 piece PVE and 2x2 PVE/PVP bonus. Anyone want to share rotations and tips with PTS?

I can get to 2260 with the 162 gear at best, used to do 2050 on 1.7. as well. Wondering about the best rotation too, especially how to make use of sabotage and hot pursuit best (trying to use it to keep freighter on cooldown without running into energy problems) I use this build:

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/gunslinger/226/?build=020000000000000000000000000000000023300222101202001000000000000002302021012220210120000000000000&ver=20

I'm not sure wether it's better to go for the three ponts accuracy in sharp shooter and leave sabotag and hot pursuit untouched, it might be better on the dummy (especially since accuracy has become so "expensive"), but in the Flashpoints I treid I was very happy to have two more mechanics for energy regeneration while changing targets...

Thoughts/Ideas?

I'm not sure wether it's better to go for the three ponts accuracy in sharp shooter and leave sabotag and hot pursuit untouched, it might be better on the dummy (especially since accuracy has become so "expensive"), but in the Flashpoints I treid I was very happy to have two more mechanics for energy regeneration while changing targets...

In FP? Really?

FP are about trash so you can just spam your "Shrap Bomb" and never go low on energy.

Second:

For FP (and OPs) go for "Utility Belt" and "Flash Powder". With all the buffs your "Thermal Grenade" is a deadly skill from now and "Flash Powder" is a great skill for many encounters. The tanks will love you. Throw the grenade, place your scambling field, let the guardian use his new shield and sage drop ae heal and your group enters god mode.

Atm many of your abilities had their energy cost reduced. SB const only 10 energy, VS only 16 and SC only 11. You gain energy back from contingency charges, crit dot ticks, illegal mods and your 1,5min cd "Cool Head" so you never run out of energy with or without "Sabotage".

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/gunslinger/226/?build=023000000000000000000000000000000223300022101002000000000000000002300221012220210120000000000000&ver=20

Go for accuracy skill and put the points in crit rating if you energy reg is to low.

Rotation is simple just like on Live.

Hybrid:

SB - SC - VS - WS - anything else - WS

anything else means...

XS Freighter

Sabo Charge

Smugglers Luck + Charged Burst

Speed Shot

refresh Flourish Shot

Use your Illegal Mods for WS - Sabo - SS - WS Combo. It ist your biggest burst.

For full DF just replace Shock Charge with Hemo Blast and use Quickdraw in the "anything else" time slot.

Edited by xexex

• 3 weeks later...