Set bonus question?

I have been on ops with players that wear straight black hole gear and swear setting up with a set bonus doesn't really help much. Is there a benefit to putting black hole gear into your rakata to get the set bonus? My belief is that you want every edge you can get for doing HM ops.

it depends on the class.

For some class the pve set bonus is meh, while their pvp bonus might actually be better (but it would mean doing pvp for progressing in pve...). For some other class it's absolutely mandatory for high end operations.

So you'll need to be more specific about the class you're talking about.

Edited by Oggthebase

What Oggthebase wrote... I wore a cape for months on my healer for the set bonus (thank the maker for campaign armoring), I ripped mods and armoring from black hole gear and put in my rakata and then ripped more mods and enhancements to fix that gear. On my dps, I blew off the second set bonus, until campaign armoring, to look good. It just wasn’t that big a deal. Now I wear what I want and still have the set bonuses. Which on my female dps shadow is the BH top with campaign armoring for the set bonuses.

The second bonus on my healer wasn't that big a deal either, but in that role I like every advatage I can get. Even if it meant wearing a cape for months. :p

Edited by mikebevo