Questing Question

Bohmfalk

Quick question, is there anything wrong with doing every single mission that I see come up as I play my character? Is that what most people do, or am I just wasting time? Edited by Bohmfalk

You're getting exp, credits, and gear. Where's the problem in that? Just don't go out of your way to complete every mission if its getting in your way, its not an obligation to be a completionist in an MMO.

If you can't find anyone for a Heroic or FP, don't bother.

Quick question, is there anything wrong with doing every single mission that I see come up as I play my character? Is that what most people do, or am I just wasting time?

Nothing wrong with it, and as long as you're having fun I actively encourage it. It's one of the best ways to make sure you don't fall behind in the leveling curve.

Yeah, I'm always entering planets at a higher level than the planet's recommended level range. Makes things easier I think, but not so much that there aren't still challenges. I still have to keep on my toes with boss fights, usually because I'm wearing armor that's 5-10 levels below my own level.

Play how you want to play/enjoy, don't worry about what others do. There are some who only do their class stories, others who rush to level 50 because they only like to raid and/or PvP, and others who do every quest they can find. It's all about personal preference.

I thought as much, I personally enjoy getting into the story of the game (especially since this is Star Wars, and I read as much EU as I can), so doing every mish works great for me. What I love about this game as opposed to the only other MMO I've played, the story is so huge that I can play multiple characters and not get bored by the monotony. I don't forsee myself needing to do any powerleveling pretty much ever, since following the story seems to get me everything that I need. :-)

I can play multiple characters and not get bored by the monotony.

What's cool about this, in my opinion, is that different classes, as well as different genders, will have different dialogue options for the planet quests. Sure, the general story for regular quests is the same, of course, but with those little nuances it makes leveling alts fun. Plus leveling different classes ties the stories together, class quests, companion quests, and planet quests. I have had two companions on two different Empire characters mention a prominent NPC from the Republic Smuggler class line on Taris (maybe beyond, I haven't gotten very far on the Smuggler). That same NPC was even a part of one of the Empire character's class stories, in holorecordings only.

So yeah, I think it really is neat playing more than one character and catching all of these things.

Quick question, is there anything wrong with doing every single mission that I see come up as I play my character? Is that what most people do, or am I just wasting time?

Do you enjoy doing it?

The answer to this is with you..

Quests are there to be done, some are compulsory, others are not and can be abandond.

What you do is up to you, and only you.

What others think is not equal to how you enjoy playing the game..

You could be a completionist, while someone on here is not into story stuff at all and thinks all quests are a waste of time and wishes for instant 50's.

It comes down to personal opinion.

Myself I do most quests, as I enjoy the content.

You pay to play so that entitles you to play any way you want as long as you are not breaking the TOS.

Not only is there nothing wrong with it, I strongly recommend that you do all of them. I have seen far too many people in this game who are under leveled later in in the game. They has serious trouble finishing their class quests and it is never fun.

I'd say you might want to be a bit judicious about the side quests you do. Every toon has to tread pretty much the same path through the planets on their way to 50th. Leaving a few missions for your next Alt will make the process of getting them to level cap just that bit less of a duplicate of your first runthrough.

If you do every single quest and the associated FP on any given planet, it'll often put you at least at the mid-range of the next planet, so that just doing the storyline on the next planet will put at the bottom of the range for the planet after that. Alternating "completed" planets with "skimmed" ones will mean your next Alt can be "completist" on the ones your first toon skimmed. If you find you're not quite getting enough XP from quests this way, a bit of PvP or space missioning (or Heroic 4s and FPs if you can get a group) will get you caught up pronto.

After starting several alts you soon realize that it's how the game was intended to be played. The side quest guide you to new areas of the maps and help you indirectly in your quest chain. It a Theme Park MMO not a Sandbox. They also provide nice gear for you and your companions to level as well as credits. Some planets are designed for multiple levels and you come back to them after you level up. The side quests help in determining which areas of the planet you should explore and which you should avoid. I do them all and only ignore the Heroics and FPs.

Edited by Owsley

Pretty much how I have leveled my characters.

One cautionary note: I heard that it was possible to get a ship sooner by concentrating purely on class quests, and did that with one alt. So instead of the normal lvl 15 I ended up with a ship at lvl 12! Fine, but then opened the galaxy map and discovered the lowest recommended level for any available planets was 16!

Like most better games, this one is designed so that generally a side quest giver will be positioned so that if you encounter them on the way to your class or main mission the quest they give you will be in the same general area or on the way there. That said, there is no penalty for not completed a side quest, other than losing the goodies you may have gotten from it, so I accept everything except heroics, then from time to time check the log and abandon any that would be inconvenient or take too much running to get to. If you change your mind after abandoning a quest, you can always go back to the giver and get it again.