Corruption / Seer Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Following our Onslaught announcement at SW Celebration we want to start diving into feedback right away. I want to use this thread to talk about Tactical Item effects and Set Bonuses for Corruption and Seer Disciplines. Our goal for set bonuses is to introduce new bonuses, and potentially with even new sizes so you can mix and match. Tactical Items are a new item type that is meant to be build defining and most likely to directly impact how an ability works. For inspiration here are two completely made up Chain Lightning Examples:

1. Chain Lightning now does all of its total damage to only one target, and no longer jumps.
  2. Chain Lightning now jumps even more and does additional damage to secondary targets.

That would allow you to take a standard ability and allow it to be modified to fit your playstyle. Please use this thread to brainstorm ideas and make as many recommendations as you would like! For context:

• Tactical Items: These should modify one of your Advanced Class/Discipline abilities to work differently. The goal is for you to use the ability in situations you previously wouldn’t (more often, against specific targets, etc)
  • Set Bonuses: These should be focused on the broader “kind of tools” your class uses, but not specific abilities. Some examples are sets that center around bleeds, force damage, lightning, shields, cover, and so on.

Set bonuses, tacticals, both, let us know what you would like to see. I may not respond frequently in this thread but know that I am going to be compiling everything and sending it over to the team.

-eric

Hey Eric,

The last few balance patches and previous gear tiers have made operative healers dramatically outclass mercenary and sorcerer healing in group ranked and pvp settings. As someone who has extensively played sorc heals in multiple seasons with multiple gold rated characters in group ranked, I’d really love buffs to Corruption’s sustained healing and aoe healing. I would strongly recommend that the healing output of revivification be increased to keep sorcerer healing competitive in group ranked settings. On to set bonus and tactical item ideas!

Expunge: Expunge becomes Empowered Expunge which has a higher cooldown but allows Sorcerors to cleanse Tech effects. Alternatively, they could instead take Hasteful Cleanse, which has a lower cooldown but cannot cleanse Tech effects.

Innervate: Innervate grants the target Corrupted Resilience, increasing the recipients’ damage reduction by x% while the ability is channeled on them. Alternatively, the other option is that Innervate grants the target Dark Empowerment, increasing the recipient’s damage dealt by % while the ability is channeled on them.

Revivification: Revivification becomes Mass Revivification, increasing its healing done by x% for every target hit by this ability. Alternatively, it becomes Focused Revivification, dealing increased healing if there are fewer targets. For example, if normally Reviv heals for 100, this would make it heal for 400 to a single target over its duration, but only 25 to eight people.

Consuming Darkness: In addition to its previous force restoring effects, sorcerors can upgrade to Fortifying Consumption. This heals all allies within 10 meters of the sorcerer for x when used. The other option is Spiteful Consumption, which increases the amount of force restored by this ability by x.

Resurgence: Resurgence becomes either Resurgent Burst, doing all of its healing in one big tick, or Resurgent Sustenance, increasing the healing over time effect.

For some set bonus ideas:

Force Attunement Setbonus: focuses on restoring force to the sorcerer

2 piece: Increases base force regeneration by x

4 piece: While under the effect of Force Bending, your next healing ability consumes x% less force

6 piece: Increases the force restored by Consuming Darkness by x (current 4 piece setbonus

Dark Restoration Setbonus:: focuses on increasing burst healing

2 piece: Healing an ally has a chance to grant an autocrit Dark infusion (current 2 piece set bonus)

4 piece: Reduces the cast time of Dark Infusion 0.x seconds

6 piece: Reduces the cooldown of innervate by x seconds (current 6 piece set bonus)

Sustaining Corruption Setbonus: focuses on increasing sustained healing

2 piece: Roaming Mend costs x less force

4 piece: Using a healing ability reduces the cooldown of Resurgence by 1 second

6 piece: Revivification can now be casted while moving, and has a reduced force cost when casted

Hopefully some of these ideas were helpful

I like SlimeyDoom's ideas a lot. :) In spite of playing this spec more than any other in the game, I don't feel I have the same level of analytic expertise offered in Slimey's post, and really have to stand in awe of the great suggestions.

Nonetheless, the following features of the seer sage (and corruption sorc) stand out to me as offering interesting customization (speaking in general terms as I tend to forget the Imperial names of the abilities):

• Higher instant Force regeneration vs. faster Force regeneration over time
  • Better single target healing vs. more targets for multi-target / AoE healing (more people can avail of the healing puddle, more transfers for the wandering heal)
  • Stronger ticks for heal-over-time vs. longer duration
  • Enhancing existing utility bonuses to force bubble (which apply only to oneself) vs. allowing others to benefit from them
  • Making the self-only heal more powerful (still only targeting self) vs. also making it heal another party member (to make this not-terrible, it wouldn't be a totally random party member but either the one on lowest health - maybe too powerful? - or a random member who currently benefits from some other effect that we'd have to apply beforehand, e.g. random other party member with force bubble or HoT)
  • Longer range on the teleport vs. faster cooldown on the teleport

I also really like SlimeyDoom's idea of our cleanse having a lower cooldown vs. also being able to cleanse tech effects - to my embarrassment, I never would have thought of it myself.

The invulnerability bubble seems already to be very strong. I don't know anything about balance, but I still feel like anything that would make this ability stronger could be too strong.

Edited by Estelindis

I like suggestions listed above. :) Here’re some more regarding Tactical Items. Maybe they’re a bit crazy but I hope make sense anyway.

Mental Alacrity / Polarity Shift grants 2 stacks of Fancily Named Effect which makes:

• Healing Trance / Innervate and Deliverance / Dark Infusion instant (can be helpful when burst healing is required)
  • OR Healing Trance / Innervate and Salvation / Revivification instant (can be helpful when strong AoE healing is required)

Salvation / Revivification is no longer affected by stacks of Resplendence / Force Surge but:

• its healing output is increased
  • OR its cast time is decreased

Benevolence / Dark Heal is no longer affected by Deliverance / Dark Infusion (Altruism effect for sages, not sure how it’s called for sorcs) but in addition to initial heal:

• puts a HoT on the target which heals it for the same amount
  • OR heals sage / sorc for the same amount

[based on Estelindis' idea] Force Mend / Unnatural Preservation heals not only sage / sorc but also group members:

• affected by Salvation / Revivification for 50% of FM / UP healing output
  • OR affected by Rejuvenate / Resurgence for 100% of FM / UP healing output

Possible additions to Force management:

• Consuming stacks of Resplendence / Force Surge 2 or 3 times in a row via Vindicate / Consuming Darkness increases the amount of Force restored with each stack by 5 points (1st: x; 2nd: x+5; 3rd: x+10)
  • OR If player has 2 or 3 stacks of Resplendence / Force Surge and uses Vindicate / Consuming Darkness, all 2 or 3 stacks are consumed instantly (2x / 3x)

Edited by Ollmich

Our goal for set bonuses is to introduce new bonuses, and potentially with even new sizes so you can mix and match.

I know this is a more general comment and not specific to Corruption/Seer spec, but since this is the thread where I'll probably most actively post I might as well say it here: I'm not sure how you plan to make the mix and match work, or what limitations the game code might impose, but I think it would be pretty nifty if armoring set bonuses came only in sets of 2.

Meaning, rather than needing to stack six pieces in order to get the specific bonus you might want that normally comes at tier three of a set, you could treat each individual bonus as a separate thing, toward which you'd only need two pieces. Ultimately that would mean everyone still only gets three bonuses, but I could take one bonus from one "tree" and another bonus from a separate tree and so on. In a way this might mean that "trees" as we consider them wouldn't really exist any longer, but rather we'd just have a large pool of bonuses to pick from one, one paired set at a time.

Of course this would require that armorings, even those with set bonuses, not be tied to specific gear slots.

I have no idea if that would work, but as long as we're just spitballing, figure I'll throw it out there. :)

As someone who has extensively played sorc heals in multiple seasons with multiple gold rated characters in group ranked, I’d really love buffs to Corruption’s sustained healing and aoe healing. I would strongly recommend that the healing output of revivification be increased to keep sorcerer healing competitive in group ranked settings.

I just want to mention that I think SlimeyDoom's ideas are all excellent. I can see how some of them are pretty specifically useful to PVP, but as someone who runs Ops and other end game PVE far more than I PVP, I see benefit to their suggestions in a PVE environment too. I liked all of their suggestions actually, but here are some that I think would be just as useful in PVE (all of which I interpreted to be for Tactical items):

Innervate: Innervate grants the target Corrupted Resilience, increasing the recipients’ damage reduction by x% while the ability is channeled on them. Alternatively, the other option is that Innervate grants the target Dark Empowerment, increasing the recipient’s damage dealt by % while the ability is channeled on them.

Admittedly for this one I think, from a PVE perspective, I'd opt for the first variant (increasing damage reduction) rather than the second one (increasing damage dealt). This would further highlight the Seer/Sorc's usefulness as a single target tank/burst healer, given that other classes currently have stronger AOE.

Revivification: Revivification becomes Mass Revivification, increasing its healing done by x% for every target hit by this ability. Alternatively, it becomes Focused Revivification, dealing increased healing if there are fewer targets. For example, if normally Reviv heals for 100, this would make it heal for 400 to a single target over its duration, but only 25 to eight people.

Again with this one, looking at it from a PVE perspective, I think I lean more toward the first variant (increasing healing done by x% for every target hit by the ability). This would make Seers/Sorcs very valuable in those "everyone group up for AOE heals!" moments of an Operation phase, and would incentivize smarter play from Seers/Sorcs who would need to adapt to the importance of their making sure those group heals are ready when they need to be.

Resurgence: Resurgence becomes either Resurgent Burst, doing all of its healing in one big tick, or Resurgent Sustenance, increasing the healing over time effect.

I love both of these variants.

Of SmileyDoom's set bonus suggestions, I think they're all great, but in particular this one feels useful to PVE healers:

Force Attunement Setbonus: focuses on restoring force to the sorcerer

2 piece: Increases base force regeneration by x

4 piece: While under the effect of Force Bending, your next healing ability consumes x% less force

6 piece: Increases the force restored by Consuming Darkness by x (current 4 piece setbonus

That being said, if I lost my set bonus that reduces the cooldown of Healing Trance/Innervate I would cry. That one alone might compel me to pick one set over another, if bonuses are still going to be tiered rather than available in just sets of two.

Here’re some more regarding Tactical Items. Maybe they’re a bit crazy but I hope make sense anyway.

Mental Alacrity / Polarity Shift grants 2 stacks of Fancily Named Effect which makes:

• Healing Trance / Innervate and Deliverance / Dark Infusion instant (can be helpful when burst healing is required)
  • OR Healing Trance / Innervate and Salvation / Revivification instant (can be helpful when strong AoE healing is required)

^ I really like this above suggestion from Ollmich for a Tactical item. Salvation already has a good chance of an instant cast, but having one on demand would be nice (especially since I usually reserve popping Mental Alacrity for when #&% is hitting the fan in an Ops), and I would particularly love an instant cast option on Healing Trance for those situations.

Also really love this suggestion:

Possible additions to Force management:

• Consuming stacks of Resplendence / Force Surge 2 or 3 times in a row via Vindicate / Consuming Darkness increases the amount of Force restored with each stack by 5 points (1st: x; 2nd: x+5; 3rd: x+10)

And the below suggestion of Estelindis's is one I like as well:

Enhancing existing utility bonuses to force bubble (which apply only to oneself) vs. allowing others to benefit from them

This one launches me into some of my own suggestions.

For Tactical items:

Force Armor: Remove the 15 second debuff that prevents a fresh Force Armor from being applied on a target, or at least reduce it. This could be a potent boost, but I think it's balanced by its requiring careful attention and timing from a healer who further needs to know how to prioritize and juggle mitigation with direct healing. I think this would be a fun tool in an Ops especially. (And granted I am thinking of this as just a tool for Ops where a healer has to juggle multiple abilities on a full raid and can't just spam this one; I can see how this might really break things in PVP. I wonder if there will be a way to make certain Tactical items not work in PVP environments?)

Force Armor and the Telekinetic Defense utility: Currently this utility makes Force Armor damage attackers when they attack you but it works only on Armors you apply to yourself. A Tactical item that might let you apply this utility's effect (or any of the utility enhancements to Armors, as Estelindis mentioned) to Armors you place on other people would be neat.

Benevolence and the Benevolent Haste utility: Currently this utility grants the recipient of a Benevolence cast a movement speed increase for 6 seconds. A Tactical item that might add damage reduction for 6 seconds to that after-effect would be great, that would make this heal more viable to expend the energy on, beyond just using it when instant-cast procs pop up (which is currently the only time I ever touch this ability in any setting, Ops or PVP or otherwise).

Weaken Mind: Activating Weaken Mind gives you a buff that lasts X seconds which is consumed by your next activation of Force Mend, and causes Force Mend to heal you for an additional amount. If you wanted to make this more challenging to achieve then tie it to the activation of an ability that isn't an instant cast instead, like Mind Crush (but not a channeled ability that might be interrupted by an enemy or by choice, just something that will trigger once an ability is successfully shot off). Basically, something that gives healers a small reward for occasionally lending a DPS boost hand where fights allow for it.

Forcequake/Force Storm: Every fully channeled Forcequake or Force Storm adds a stack of a temporary buff that provides x% of damage reduction, stacking up to something like 3 times. This would be super, super useful for Seers just out doing their solo PVE grind activities (mopping up big groups can be a tediously long task for this squishy Discpline, even with a level 50 comp, and a damage reduction from our sole AOE ability would allow us to spend more seconds DPSing rather than having to stop to heal).

I just want to add that I am super excited about the potential of Tactical items. I am really liking the idea of collecting multiple and different Tactical items, which I can swap around depending on the needs of a given fight or activity. It would be not only fun to feel like I could customize to that degree, but also would give me a reason to want to gear grind for a long time in order to collect all the specific Tactical items I'd like to have in my arsenal.

Edited by JediBoadicea

Idea 1:

Healing Ticks tick faster, but in smaller amounts, and over a longer duration overall. (needs buff)

Idea 2:

Out-of-bubble-effect: Blast away

inceases the AoE-Radius and the Push effect of the next Overload / Force wave by 100% when Force Bubble ends.

Idea 3:

Burning Heals

Revivification / Salvation deal damage to all enemys inside the AoE.

Idea 4:

Force Connection

passive - heals you for 1% of the heal you give to an ally.

Idea 5:

AoE Cleanse that also heals a bit

(upgraded Cleanse)

Idea 6:

A Disspell effect that removes positive buffs from enemys

Cause I feel this game kinda lacks Disspells/Countermagic.

Edited by Mephesh

Tactical Items and set bonus ideas.

I have played a seer for many years. In recent expansions changes to the energy pool and healing cost has changed the class for the worse and made it less fun to play. The impacts of this are less people playing harder content.

My ideas to remedy the weaknesses of this healing class are as follows.

Set bonuses.

1. Increase energy regain by 100%

2. Salvation force cost and cooldown reduced by 50%

3. Force armor absorbs twice the amount of damage.

(1) I chose this as energy starvation happens often and can occur very fast. Resource starvation is a real issue in game now, the following scenario illustrates this point. When newbies do not understand mechanics and tactics during a boss encounter, an experienced healer should be able to mitigate the many mistakes made by team members, too many times operations fail with PuGs leaving all frustrated and despondent.

(2) currently salvation is a real drain on resources, and limits sustained healing.

(3) Force armour needs a big buff, during PvP encounters its lasts seconds as dps numbers now are ridiculously high!

Tactical items ideas

Modify Vindicate to generate more force energy and eliminate the weary debuff.

Restoration now removes all debuffs from friendly target. Just removing 2 debuffs is far too low, I have thought this for many years.

Wandering mend now heals twice as many team mates for 50% more (again sustained healing)

Healing trance can be channelled while moving (I think that this long channel ability should be channelled while moving as standard)

Deliverance cast time reduced to 1 sec and increases the crit chance.

Force armour cleanses 2 debuffs when it expires. (useful for PvP)

Mental alacrity lasts twice as long.

Armor rating stat is increased by x amount (healers are very squishy)

After being stunned, all healing is increased by 100% to yourself (helps to recover after being chain stunned in ranked).

While I am giving feedback, I think that soothing protection is a redundant passive, it brings nothing to the healing experience as it it’s a very low heal.

The relic of ephemeral mending heals for a very low amount and no one uses this relic above Focused retribution and serendipitous assault.

Most of Darthanimus' suggestions seem too OP to me but since we’re supposed to bombard devs with crazy ideas, that’s probably fine. :) Here’re a few notes though.

Modify Vindicate to generate more force energy and eliminate the weary debuff.

IMO, it simplifies Force management too much and makes Resplendence stacks almost obsolete. Besides, Healing Trance crits so often that you'll have instant Salvation most of the time since you won't need Resplendence for Force regen. Sounds nice but... isn't it a bit insane?

Restoration now removes all debuffs from friendly target. Just removing 2 debuffs is far too low, I have thought this for many years.

In this case I think all healing classes should have it, and CD has to be the same for everyone. But it would make DoT dps specs even less preferable in PvP than burst ones unless CD is increased significantly.

Healing trance can be channelled while moving (I think that this long channel ability should be channelled while moving as standard)

What’s wrong with Force Mobility utility?

Deliverance cast time reduced to 1 sec and increases the crit chance.

Wouldn’t it just turn this ability into Benevolence clone with higher healing output?

Resource starvation is a real issue in game now, the following scenario illustrates this point. When newbies do not understand mechanics and tactics during a boss encounter, an experienced healer should be able to mitigate the many mistakes made by team members, too many times operations fail with PuGs leaving all frustrated and despondent.

Yeah, Force management can be a bit tricky now. Still, healer is not responsible for other players’ mistakes. If good healer carries newbies and keeps alive even though they ignore mechanics and stay in stupid, they’ll never learn, never improve and continue doing the same mistakes over and over again. When they get a newbie healer in their group who is still learning and can’t heal through stuff which isn’t supposed to be healed through, they’ll blame him, not themselves, and probably discourage from learning this role further.

Edited by Ollmich

Most of Darthanimus' suggestions seem too OP to me but since we’re supposed to bombard devs with crazy ideas, that’s probably fine. :) Here’re a few notes though

IMO, it simplifies Force management too much and makes Resplendence stacks almost obsolete. Besides, Healing Trance crits so often that you'll have instant Salvation most of the time since you won't need Resplendence for Force regen. Sounds nice but... isn't it a bit insane?

In this case I think all healing classes should have it, and CD has to be the same for everyone. But it would make DoT dps specs even less preferable in PvP than burst ones unless CD is increased significantly.

What’s wrong with Force Mobility utility?

Wouldn’t it just turn this ability into Benevolence clone with higher healing output?

Yeah, Force management can be a bit tricky now. Still, healer is not responsible for other players’ mistakes. If good healer carries newbies and keeps alive even though they ignore mechanics and stay in stupid, they’ll never learn, never improve and continue doing the same mistakes over and over again. When they get a newbie healer in their group who is still learning and can’t heal through stuff which isn’t supposed to be healed through, they’ll blame him, not themselves, and probably discourage from learning this role further.

Ok firstly how dare you label my ideas as crazy, I take offense at your comment, but since you took the time to quote my ideas, let me respond in return.

I have played a healer for a very long time, I have seen buffs and nerfs made to the class many times, but, I have to say that most recently healers have had it bad. Energy management is really poor (compared to where it was) and I wont accept that it is part of the game, other classes have virtually infinite resource pools, so why do healers have to walk a tightrope! I will give a fast example to illustrate my point. HPS in PvP generally varies between 4k and 8k while maras, snipers, and mercs easily obtain 4k and 5k dps. I see this daily in warzones so my numbers are not up for debate. So now we can say that 2 dps can kill a healer with ease when you add stuns to the mix. Healing now is a real slog most of the time. Now I am a good healer, and am no push over, but PuGing in regs or SR is just less fun now than it used to be, hence why my healer is gathering dust at this time.

Now restoration removes 2 cleansable debuffs, while all dps and tank classes apply 2 debuffs with every rotation. So its not unreasonable to ask for all cleansable debuffs to be removed with one use of restoration. Debuffs are applied so readily, its hardly gonna break the game. You see it all the time, a focused target with rows of debuffs, yet any healer can only remove 2 at a time, debuffs accumulate more readily than they are removed. When I play my healers I use restoration or other cleanses virtually on CD so I notice these things, cleanse is a really weak ability, it has far more potential. I am not speaking of removing DoTs, I mean debuffs such as; Marked, Beat Down, Susceptible, Vulnerable, Assailable, Overwhelmed, Sundered and slows. I have to say that other mmos have better cleanse abilities that remove all debuffs from all team members in 30m radius, and it simply works very well, I will suggest that the devs adopt a more useful mechanic.

Everyone chooses to be able to channel healing trance (or equivalent) while moving, so its obviously core to successful healing. Why not make it inbuilt into healer passives and free up a utility point for something that enables survivorbility. I would rather take ethereal entity or life ward than force mobility, but you just can't give up moving while channeling our biggest heal. I will give an example, standing still channeling healing trance in huttball, or while facing bosses such as sword squadron, nuff said really.

Deliverance has been nerfed recently, so when buffed with rejuvenate the cast equals 1.5 sec (it used to be lower) so in high pressure scenario, the longer cast time sucks, I hated this change to deliverance, not fun at all. A tactical item that returns the cast time to a prior state is again not unreasonable.

A healer should be able to mitigate mistakes made by new players in a PuG scenario, on my healer I have played 4 sm ops this week, with only one being successful, sm ops should be about the experience, story and thrill of completing a long mission. On easy mode new players passively pick up tactics over time, no one wants to read a detailed guide to X operation, people just don't learn that way, its like reading a book on how to swim. New players want to get in there and play, simple as that. I see no harm in an experienced healer running sm ops and picking up the strain, and allowing new players the freedom to make some mistakes while having fun, anyone that says otherwise is just mean spirited and unkind.

I disagree with you on every counter viewpoint point you made, I know it is your opinion, but my opinion comes from years of playing healers especially seers and corruption, I really have invaluable knowledge on the ground (as it were).

Having played swtor since year 1 and playing mostly continually since then, I can honestly say that all healers are in a bad state now, I hope that the tactical items don't end up a massive let down.

Ok firstly how dare you label my ideas as crazy, I take offense at your comment

Well, I referred to Eric’s comment about going crazy, and I also called my own ideas somewhat crazy, so there’s no need to be sensitive about that. :rolleyes:

Energy management is really poor (compared to where it was) and I wont accept that it is part of the game, other classes have virtually infinite resource pools, so why do healers have to walk a tightrope!

Infinite resource pools? If you screw up your rotation on (some / most) dps classes, you’re going to have energy issues and lose dps as a result. Sage’s energy management certainly needs some tweaks even though I find it far easier than mando’s and scoundrel’s but things you suggest are a bit too much for me.

Now restoration removes 2 cleansable debuffs, while all dps and tank classes apply 2 debuffs with every rotation. So its not unreasonable to ask for all cleansable debuffs to be removed with one use of restoration. Debuffs are applied so readily, its hardly gonna break the game. You see it all the time, a focused target with rows of debuffs, yet any healer can only remove 2 at a time, debuffs accumulate more readily than they are removed. When I play my healers I use restoration or other cleanses virtually on CD so I notice these things, cleanse is a really weak ability, it has far more potential. I am not speaking of removing DoTs, I mean debuffs such as; Marked, Beat Down, Susceptible, Vulnerable, Assailable, Overwhelmed, Sundered and slows. I have to say that other mmos have better cleanse abilities that remove all debuffs from all team members in 30m radius, and it simply works very well, I will suggest that the devs adopt a more useful mechanic.

Gotcha.

Everyone chooses to be able to channel healing trance (or equivalent) while moving, so its obviously core to successful healing. Why not make it inbuilt into healer passives and free up a utility point for something that enables survivorbility. I would rather take ethereal entity or life ward than force mobility, but you just can't give up moving while channeling our biggest heal. I will give an example, standing still channeling healing trance in huttball, or while facing bosses such as sword squadron, nuff said really.

I get your point. Yeah, it can work as new passive, why not, but certainly not as Tactical Item since those items as I understand it are supposed to make you play the class differently, prioritize other abilities than before, etc. You actually mentioned in your first post that you want it being channeled while moving as standard so no questions there.

Let’s agree to disagree about the rest. I think most of your suggestions will make this class faceroll easy to play which is not fun at all, but obviously it’s up to the devs to decide what changes they want to implement. I just wanted to note that not everyone will be happy if you ideas make it into the game.

The sage has a particularity compared to the others healer : the force armor. I have an idea of tacticals item for supported this. This could also changed the gameplay substantially.

Tactical items :

"The ally affected by Force-imbalanced debuff are healed for an amount equivalent to the damage caused by the single-target damage spells of the sage seer."

The % of damage can be balanced at 80%, 70% ... in relation to balancing.

This can change the gameplay of the sage who owns this tactical item.

Not sure if it should be in the build, utilities or set bonus but healer sorcs need a free damage ability that they can use that will help regenerate force. Healer damage is important in high end ops and sorcs have no way of doing this without hurting resources unlike mercs and operative who have the ability to use basic attack to help regenerate resources and help dps.

Not sure if it should be in the build, utilities or set bonus but healer sorcs need a free damage ability that they can use that will help regenerate force. Healer damage is important in high end ops and sorcs have no way of doing this without hurting resources unlike mercs and operative who have the ability to use basic attack to help regenerate resources and help dps.

This is such a good point. I've played a Sage healer since launch and I can't believe this didn't occur to me, but this would be great. Saber Strike already costs no resources, but the problem is that healers are almost always outside of melee range of the boss, so perhaps something that converts this into a ranged ability? A significant range, something comparable to the distance true ranged DPS would usually be standing at.

Edited by JediBoadicea

Link to Main Forum Post with Google Doc of Failure's Set Bonus and Tactical Item suggestions

CORRUPTION/SEER

Tactical Suggestions:

• When your Static Barrier/Force Armor on friendly players expires or is broken they heal all friendly players within x metres for y (very small amount) healing
  • Roaming Mend/Wandering Mend no longer bounces between players, instead applies 4 stacks to the target healing upon damage taken once per second. (Force Bending [a.) no longer affects Roaming Mend] or [b.) Force Bending causes the target to receive 75% of Roaming Mends healing up front].
  • Casting Resurgence/Rejuvenate on a target currently affected by your Revivification/Salvation also applies Resurgence/Rejuvenate to all other targets affected by your Revivification/Salvation. Can only occur once every 14s
  • Force pull gives its target a 25% Critical chance increase on the next 2 gcd’s. If no damage is done in those gcd’s, the target reduces 50% of their threat.
  • Using Static Barrier with 3 stacks of Force Surge applies a Static Barrier which expands around the targeted player up to 4m and increases damage reduction for a maximum of 8 allies within its radius by 5% for 10s. Consumes 3 stacks of Force Surge.
  • Force Barrier becomes Empowered Barrier which reduces all damage taken by 40/50% for all targets within a 4m radius of the caster. Caster is no longer immune to damage but can use abilities.
  • Force barrier can now be placed on a friendly target and force barrier's duration is reduced by 50%. Target benefits from all the effects of force barrier but cannot perform any action while the channel is active. (Alternate version: Force barrier can now be placed on a friendly target and remains on the target for a 10? second period. The effects of force barrier only activate if the target falls below 1hp. Once active, the target is unable to perform any action for 4? seconds but gains all the effects of force barrier.)
  • Force Regeneration Tacticals:
    • When your Static Barrier/Force Armor on friendly players is broken, (not expire), refunds x amount of force.
    • Crushing Darkness & Affliction ticks refund force
    • Reverse Corruptions reduces the force cost of Crushing Darkness, Affliction and Force Lightning by X force.

[*]Recklessness now restores 300 force immediately, reduces force regen to 0 for 8s and after 10s recklessness reduces total force by 200?

Set Bonus:

• 2-Set: Reduces Innervate’s cooldown (as it is now)
  • 4-set: Activating Roaming Mend grants [insert buff name here], which reduces the cast time of your next Dark Infusion by 0.5s and increases it’s crit chance by 30%. [buff Name] lasts 6 seconds.
  • 6-Set: Recklessness grants 150 force over 6 seconds

• 3 weeks later...

Been healing through some cleanse-heavy fights recently, and it occurred to me that an idea for a nifty Tactical item might be:

Force Armor + Cleanse: When you apply a Force Armor it also removes one cleansable effect. This should work on both self and others.

I would totally grind for that one to keep in my arsenal to whip out for specific fights.

Personally, I really liked the "leaked" set bonus changes:

Roaming Mend and Wandering Mend restore 5 Force per target affected. (I don't like this one though)

Unnatural Preservation and Force Mend now additionally heal up to 8 allies within 30 meters affected by your Resurgence or Revivification and Rejuvenate or Salvation for 70% of its full healing.

Recklessness and Force Potency grant Mender's Surge, causing your next Innervate or Healing Trance to heal instantly and cost no Force.

If these can't be set bonus changes for some reason, I think making them Tactical Items would be the way to go; however, i would really like to see the 2 I like as set bonuses.

Tactical Items:

Activating Polarity Shift causes all healing abilities used during its duration to activate instantly. (would be awesome)

All healing abilities that consume a stack of Recklessness do X% additional critical healing. (Would have to be a massive amount so it isn't completely outclassed by the aforementioned TI)

Increases the healing done by Revivification by X% (let's say 250%) and reduces the force consumed by 50%. In addition, Roaming mend heals for X% (25%-50%) more, travels one additional time, and restores 5 force when it heals a target. (This would be awesome for AoE healing.. possibly broken with that "leaked" set bonus that causes targets effected by Revivification/Resurgence to be healed by 70% of what Unnatural Preservation heals the caster)

Applying static barrier to yourself applies it to all group/operation members within 60m and reduces the duration of the Deionized debuff on yourself and all allies by 50%. In addition, Expunge now cleanses Tech effects and cleanses up to 4 group/operation members within 30m.

Set Bonus:

2pc: Consuming Darkness is now off the GCD but consumes 15% of your max health if it doesn't consume a stack of Force Surge. (kinda like how it used to be...)

4pc: Unnatural Preservation and Force Mend now additionally heal up to 8 allies within 30 meters affected by your Resurgence or Revivification and Rejuvenate or Salvation for 70% of its full healing.

4pc: Force Bending Increases the critical chance of your next Innervate by 100%. Can only occur once every X (30 is probably fair) seconds. In addition, the cooldown of innervate is reduced by 1.5 seconds.

6pc: Recklessness and Force Potency grant Mender's Surge, causing your next Innervate or Healing Trance to heal instantly and cost no Force.

6pc: Increases the critical healing of Dark heal by 40% and reduces the casting time of Dark infusion by .5 seconds.

Sages need an AOE stun, like opers, and powertechs, I suggest that force lift affects 4 targets (in pvp) within 10m for 4 seconds, great for healing when you are being pummeled, survivorbility increased by a huge amount.

P.S. drop the CD down to 30s too :):):):):):):):):):)

• 2 weeks later...

I like most of the ideas listed in this thread. Here's my suggestions :)

Force mend heals all targets affected by force armor. Force mend heals 50% less than its base value (in order to keep this item balanced).

Salvation damages all enemies which are in its area.

Salvation slows enemy targets remaining in its area.

Force wave increases armor of all friendly targets hit by it.

Force wave places a debuff on enemy targets which reduces their damage dealt for X time by X% .

Cloud mind reduces channeling time of your next deliverance by 0,5s.

• 4 months later...

Hey Eric,

the Tacticals for corruption sorcerer seem underwhelming. That is also because most of them don´t tell how much they are healing. There is no tactical that will help me heal more without wrecking my force management.

"All for One

Revivification heals more the less allies it heals."

How much does it heal? Also bad for force management.

"One for All

Revivification heals more for each ally it affects."

Same thing.

"Storm’s Succor

Damaging an enemy with Volt Rush causes your ally closest to the enemy to be healed."

How much does it heal. And if i´m low on force I´m not going to use it.

Could we get this please?

"Running Dark Restoration

Dark infusion can be cast while moving and heals an additional 10%."

That is the merc tactical but for dark infusion. Thats something usefull.

I don´t know but the tacticals for the other healers seem much better. The sorc ones are good for PVP and nieche uses but for Flashpoints for example there is not one tactical that I´d take and that helps me with more burst healing.

Please consider it.

Ahh sad.

Also, just tried the volt rush tactical. I think it's a nice with a surprisingly decent heal attached to it (it looked to be numbers similar to a dark heal), but it seems gimmicky:

1. The range is very short (I think it has to be a target 4 meters from the enemy you hit with volt rush otherwise nobody gets healed).

2. It doesn't prioritize people with missing health (it kept hitting a melee dps that was at full health instead of the tank who was standing next to him needing heals)

3. when volt rush gets resisted, the heal doesn't go off, which is kind of disappointing.

I tried it in one flashpoint, so I could be wrong about something but this is what I've noticed to anybody wondering about it.

Edited by Rebel_Guy

• 2 weeks later...

All for one and one for all tacticals do not work i as understood. It seems they only boost when there is only one/more than 2 people in the AOE when i understood boost is in proportion of player in.

I think it worked like that (with dsifferent percentages...) :

number of people/All for one/one for all

1/+80%/+20%

2/+70%/+30%

3/+60%/+40%

4/+55%/+45%

5/+45%/+55%

6/+40%/+60%

7/+30%/+70%

8/+20%/+80%

At least, if it works in different way, effect is not enough to be interesting (only 10% boost if someone is in for "one for all" with no care of how many people stay in aoe).

Edited by geofraynils

From the swtor combat team on the theory crafter's discord from about a month ago:

SWTOR Combat TeamLast Saturday at 4:41 AM

The bonus is 20% when only one target is being healed, 12.5% when 4 are being healed, and 2.5% when 8 targets are being healed. It's -2.5% healing done per target. One for All is the same, but in reverse, starting with 2.5% more healing at 1 target and ending with 20% more healing when 8 targets have your Revivification.