Can we please get a romance with Senya too?

Now that we have romance/flirt with Arcann and Khem Val...what about Senya? My female agent was able to flirt with her in KOTFE (her singing cutscene) so perhaps we can get somekind romance or more flirts with her in future?

If BioWare team can do a romance with a human eating monster, then they can also do romance with Senya as well.

Little too old for my tastes. Wouldn't mind romancing the Sith Empress, though. She's freaking hot - it'd be like sleeping with a Gilded Age New York socialite or something.

Hey ! Wait just a second on that old age stuff !

... Don't let a little snow on the old roof top fool ya !

:D

BTW.. just for the record.. I really am jerking your chain ... (just a little ! )

I do wish that there were optional hair styles for Senya. That bun just does't do right !

Senya is probably about the same age as *me*, ffs. My characters (even in the aftermath of the Traitor Arc and JUS) are significantly younger.

I'm 53. Senya has three adult children, and it's worth noting that from the birth of Vaylin (after Arcann/Thexan) it's at least 20 years to the point where we can flirt with Senya. Various other "for this reason" things suggest that she is no less than slightly north of 50 when we go to Zakuul in Chapter VII.

Senya is probably about the same age as *me*, ffs. My characters (even in the aftermath of the Traitor Arc and JUS) are significantly younger.

I'm 53. Senya has three adult children, and it's worth noting that from the birth of Vaylin (after Arcann/Thexan) it's at least 20 years to the point where we can flirt with Senya. Various other "for this reason" things suggest that she is no less than slightly north of 50 when we go to Zakuul in Chapter VII.

And your point is ?

BTW ... I considerably "north" of 53 ... IMO age is all in the mind! My dad turns 90 on August 1. He just purchased his first i-Phone a month or so ago (since their other cell phone was getting too old). Last week we both cut down a tree in his back yard and cut it up into smaller pieces to haul away to a recycling place. You would be surprised how much of that he did on his own.

At any rate... back on topic... Where were we anyhow ? (sorry about that).

IMO the dev team treated Senya well... just needs a couple minor "custom" changes in the hair as a matter of personal taste.

Now that we have romance/flirt with Arcann and Khem Val...what about Senya? My female agent was able to flirt with her in KOTFE (her singing cutscene) so perhaps we can get somekind romance or more flirts with her in future?

If BioWare team can do a romance with a human eating monster, then they can also do romance with Senya as well.

You trying to be Arcann's step-daddy?

And your point is ?

There's a cultural oddity more or less everywhere in the West (and probably elsewhere) concerning age differences between the two members of a (straight)(1) couple.

The bigger the difference, the more adverse the comment from observers will be, but it ramps up much more slowly if the man is older than if the woman is older. I never heard any comment, positive or negative about the four year difference between my parents (my father is older than my mother), but I have heard some comment with a negative or at least surprised tone about the same difference between me and the late Mrs Cynic (she was older).

I guess the way to express it is that we don't expect there to be a big difference, and when the woman is older, we *expect* the difference to be almost nothing.

(1) I don't know LGBT subcultures well enough to pass comment.

Some of the male companions are 50 or close to it now. Quinn, Andronikos and Felix Iresso were all mid to late 30a at the start of the class story. Add 13 (and now 14 probably) years and you've got men pushing 50 now. And plenty of players head canon their own toons as slightly older too.

If they ever do add Scourge as a LI the man is 300+ years old.

So if we have men in their 50s as LIs we can have women too. No need to be ageist. I happen to intensely dislike Senya but why not.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

There's a cultural oddity more or less everywhere in the West (and probably elsewhere) concerning age differences between the two members of a (straight)(1) couple.

The bigger the difference, the more adverse the comment from observers will be, but it ramps up much more slowly if the man is older than if the woman is older. I never heard any comment, positive or negative about the four year difference between my parents (my father is older than my mother), but I have heard some comment with a negative or at least surprised tone about the same difference between me and the late Mrs Cynic (she was older).

I guess the way to express it is that we don't expect there to be a big difference, and when the woman is older, we *expect* the difference to be almost nothing.

(1) I don't know LGBT subcultures well enough to pass comment.

Ummm I was just jerking your chain a bit ! Trust me ! LOL ! My sense of humor is a bit odd some times.

BTW.. It should be noted that in RL my wife is older than I am .. more than just a few months ! Though oddly enough no one makes any comments to or about us! But then again my wife also looks at least 10 years younger ... Yeah ! That works !

BTW.. Steve.. sorry for the lack of communication on my part !

As far as I'm concerned if they're happy to have a Khem romance route then I'm all for spreading the love for all companions. Also I'm jealous, we get Khem but not Talos? Come on I've been pinning for him since that flirt on Hoth. ;)

A Wookie romance anyone? :mon_angel:

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Just a little anecdote. My mom's best friend left her husband and married a guy 19 years younger. They remained happily married until she died of old age.

I do agree, though, that Senya is the best companion of a bad expansion. She walks the light/dark line in a far more compelling (and believable) manner than does Lana.

I agree... and the VA is pretty well done also. Although from what I've seen of Lana... she has remained as faithful as any companion I've had in the entire game. All jokes aside it's kind of a toss up between the two really... Both are well done. I'm glad to see some attention turning toward Senya. Just my opinion.

Edited by OlBuzzard

And your point is ?

BTW ... I considerably "north" of 53 ... IMO age is all in the mind! My dad turns 90 on August 1. He just purchased his first i-Phone a month or so ago (since their other cell phone was getting too old). Last week we both cut down a tree in his back yard and cut it up into smaller pieces to haul away to a recycling place. You would be surprised how much of that he did on his own.

At any rate... back on topic... Where were we anyhow ? (sorry about that).

IMO the dev team treated Senya well... just needs a couple minor "custom" changes in the hair as a matter of personal taste.

I lobbied good for a Romance with Senya, i don't care how old she is, i Hate these stupid girls that seem to be under-age imo, and they have no real understanding in life. In Star Wars Lore, Humanoids can lives to be 120 or just older.

So, people aging is quite different in Star Wars. I also wanted Veroa Denz as well and the Voss that is in charge of the Force shrine on Odessen.

I lobbied good for a Romance with Senya, i don't care how old she is, i Hate these stupid girls that seem to be under-age imo, and they have no real understanding in life. In Star Wars Lore, Humanoids can lives to be 120 or just older.

So, people aging is quite different in Star Wars. I also wanted Veroa Denz as well and the Voss that is in charge of the Force shrine on Odessen.

Aging is an interesting thing .. even here in the states. My RL wife really is a little older than I am... but she really doesn't look the part. No she doesn't look 40. But I can honestly say that she really does work hard at taking care of herself. And there are a lot of things we do together that most people our age think we are just plain nuts..

For example this past Halloween we made our own complete Jedi out fits. Mine was a little more traditional... her's: Leather Vest ... pants and a top with matching full length laced up gloves (all in black) .. with a full sized gray Jedi robe to complete the set.

http://://i.pinimg.com/originals/8d/2e/6d/8d2e6d56da881e0195e054904ff6eb69.jpg

This is not my art work ... but it was what we used for inspiration to make the outfit. We both had a blast with the outfits and making them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that "Old age" ???? A lot of that in up to the individual's attitude!

Oh and for the record... yes ... I really am 67.

Just a little anecdote. My mom's best friend left her husband and married a guy 19 years younger. They remained happily married until she died of old age.

For sure. I wasn't saying that it doesn't happen, nor that such couples are inevitably unhappy because of the difference. I can imagine that what she did attracted some adverse comment (perhaps, through politeness, never expressed), especially the "left her husband for a guy 19 years younger". That usually attracts some adverse comment for both men or women.

My point was more that it's somewhat outside the cultural norms, whichever side is (much) older, and that it becomes outside-of-norms significantly faster (as the difference increases) for older women than for older men. (That is, it was a comment on the lack of symmetry...)

I would argue that age differences are more of a severe issue the younger you are, and it's because of different levels of maturity, not simply an arbitrary western bias. For example, take two young adults; an 18 year old and a 21 year old. They're both legally adults, but one could be in high school still, while the other is gallivanting off who knows where (perhaps college). They're in very different places in their life, and because of this, the age difference is not only more stark, it could be more dangerous. I would not say many 18 year olds are incredibly mature, and I generally would not trust a 21 year old to not introduce them to unsavory things while in a relationship. However, it's probably better to handle these things case by case; not all people are at the same level of maturity. But I think concern over age differences for younger people is justifiable.

However, this thread isn't really about that. It's about a grown, experienced, (possibly) mature adult in a relationship with another grown, experienced, mature adult. I said possibly, because if you're playing the Smuggler then that goes out the window :p Anyways, I'd like to see a Senya romance, too. It seems like it would be narratively a lot of fun; wooing Valkorian's ex while he screams at you in your head. Perfect romantic setting, imo.

I would argue that age differences are more of a severe issue the younger you are, and it's because of different levels of maturity, not simply an arbitrary western bias. For example, take two young adults; an 18 year old and a 21 year old. They're both legally adults, but one could be in high school still, while the other is gallivanting off who knows where (perhaps college). They're in very different places in their life, and because of this, the age difference is not only more stark, it could be more dangerous. I would not say many 18 year olds are incredibly mature, and I generally would not trust a 21 year old to not introduce them to unsavory things while in a relationship. However, it's probably better to handle these things case by case; not all people are at the same level of maturity. But I think concern over age differences for younger people is justifiable.

However, this thread isn't really about that. It's about a grown, experienced, (possibly) mature adult in a relationship with another grown, experienced, mature adult. I said possibly, because if you're playing the Smuggler then that goes out the window :p Anyways, I'd like to see a Senya romance, too. It seems like it would be narratively a lot of fun; wooing Valkorian's ex while he screams at you in your head. Perfect romantic setting, imo.

I see a potential dig against Valkorion in that context. (Or should I say Tenebrae / Vitiate ). I have to admit that adds a certain twist to the game that I like. I know it's too late to rewrite KotFE / ET... but if there was a way to add that in there ... This would add an ending that really is a poetic justice. Who knows ... that could still be a possibility if it were handled correctly. ESPECIALLY for those who showed kindness and mercy to Senya and Arcann which resulted in their becoming allies in defeating Tenebrae.