Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2.6 PTS Commando changes


Darthnavillus's Avatar


Darthnavillus
01.12.2014 , 02:34 PM | #21
"•Steadied Aim now reduces the pushback suffered while activating Grav Round and Charged Bolts by 50/100% "...I'm a bit confused. I tested this out on the PTS, once with 2/2 in Steadied Aim, then I tested it again at 0/2, and saw absolutely zero difference. Activation time of GR is still 1.5 sec. Can someone please help me understand the term 'pushback'? I was assuming that 100% meant that the ability would now be instant at 2/2.

shackboredguy's Avatar


shackboredguy
01.12.2014 , 03:28 PM | #22
Pushback is what happens when you're getting hit by an enemy while you're casting. If you're getting hit while casting that 1.5 seconds it takes to get off will actually be 1.75 or 2 seconds. With this even if you're getting hit it will take the standard 1.5 seconds.

windogie's Avatar


windogie
01.12.2014 , 11:40 PM | #23
This change is gonna be hilarious if another commando healer is in your team. You are just gonna end up fighting for trauma probe a lot. It's gonna be pretty bad either one of the healers will call it quits or they will both die/run out of ammo. There needs to be a lockout like bubble so that you cannot reapply until it has run out of charges. That would help prevent the pointless trauma probe fighting. With that being said the one per target thing is just retarded operatives can put their HoTs on the same targets and trauma probe pretty much heals for the same so why nerf ours so that 2 commando healers on a team makes it suck for them and their team.
Lorhah-merc-55
Osishar-sniper-55
Ryshaz-sorc-55
"The wild Okiko hunter"

BobaFaceroll's Avatar


BobaFaceroll
01.13.2014 , 09:09 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by windogie View Post
This change is gonna be hilarious if another commando healer is in your team. You are just gonna end up fighting for trauma probe a lot. It's gonna be pretty bad either one of the healers will call it quits or they will both die/run out of ammo. There needs to be a lockout like bubble so that you cannot reapply until it has run out of charges. That would help prevent the pointless trauma probe fighting. With that being said the one per target thing is just retarded operatives can put their HoTs on the same targets and trauma probe pretty much heals for the same so why nerf ours so that 2 commando healers on a team makes it suck for them and their team.
The 'one per target' text already exists on Trauma Probe, and currently your Commando can only have one active. It's there so that you know you can't put a fresh Trauma Probe on someone and still keep whatever charges you have from the first cast. Two different Commandos can currently put their Trauma Probes on the same target, despite that 'one per target' text on the skill. Unless that functionality is changing with 2.6 two Commandos won't be fighting for anything.

I really don't want a lockout. I want to be able to reapply it when it suits me, not when (and only when) all charges are depleted.

BoskiCesiu's Avatar


BoskiCesiu
01.13.2014 , 04:49 PM | #25
Pushback is not the problem!. Really problem are interrupt, lov survival and lov heal.
The changes are bad - only cosmetics.
Trauma probe should be stack like scoundrels "upper hand" and mando now can use bacta infussion without cooldown 18 sec! Full auto, mortal voley and advanced medical probe can't be interrupt.
Advanced medical probe colldown 5 max 7 sec. + healing 1500 hp for 3 sec.
Kolto bomb healing like sage 8 targets.
Commando need more armor and more protection for stuns, roots.

This is about med spec. I play mando 2 years as heallers - wz are terrable - 80% time stunned, rooted, every time interrupted and death, first target - no one attack scoundrels and sages becouse they fast run.
Commando is to heavy to quick run. He should be heavy, heavy healer, but he need more and more survival and more effective skils.
Sant - Commando Healer
Tnas - Scoundrel Healer

LeHovah's Avatar


LeHovah
01.13.2014 , 09:00 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BoskiCesiu View Post
Pushback is not the problem!. Really problem are interrupt, lov survival and lov heal.
The changes are bad - only cosmetics.
Trauma probe should be stack like scoundrels "upper hand" and mando now can use bacta infussion without cooldown 18 sec! Full auto, mortal voley and advanced medical probe can't be interrupt.
Advanced medical probe colldown 5 max 7 sec. + healing 1500 hp for 3 sec.
Kolto bomb healing like sage 8 targets.
Commando need more armor and more protection for stuns, roots.

This is about med spec. I play mando 2 years as heallers - wz are terrable - 80% time stunned, rooted, every time interrupted and death, first target - no one attack scoundrels and sages becouse they fast run.
Commando is to heavy to quick run. He should be heavy, heavy healer, but he need more and more survival and more effective skils.
Calm down, take a deep breath.

Survival-wise, mandos are fine. What we do need, however, are something against interrupts and possibly better mobility.

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
01.13.2014 , 10:02 PM | #27
pushback is good and all for PVE, but the main skill that needed it was full auto, so....
the difference between 25 and 30% is actually a really huge difference when one results in 2 ticks and the other still results in 3 (in fact, pushback with 75% reduction is actually preferred, since it cuts out the 'dead time' of the channel but anyways)
and curtain of fire should give full auto interrupt immunity. i don't see why this would be so broken, especially since classes have plenty of mobility options to circumvent the snare, and there's already a precedence of many classes getting channel interrupt immunity on procs. ours also requires a proc off of a cast ability.

i still think the bubble should give interrupt immunity baseline for commandos and honestly don't see why that would be so broken either. it's on such a massive cooldown. if not that, then put it lower than 3rd tier combat medic so gunnery/assault specialist can get it without giving up their top tier ability.


yay commando healing though. infinite trauma probe is the real deal. 9 charges, goes off every 2s, and only heals on inc damage, so it is quite possibly the most effective heal in the game, and now we can share the love with everyone.
also, good that frontline medic was detached as a requirement for probe medic, even though it has small amount of usefulness now that we can probe ourselves (giggity) along with everyone else at the same time
oaceen assault specialist / oac scrapper / oacao kinetic combatant / oacianado tactician
[Guide] The Dirty Rotten Scoundrel's PvE DPS Compendium

SpaniardInfinity's Avatar


SpaniardInfinity
01.14.2014 , 12:05 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFaceroll View Post
The 'one per target' text already exists on Trauma Probe, and currently your Commando can only have one active. It's there so that you know you can't put a fresh Trauma Probe on someone and still keep whatever charges you have from the first cast. Two different Commandos can currently put their Trauma Probes on the same target, despite that 'one per target' text on the skill. Unless that functionality is changing with 2.6 two Commandos won't be fighting for anything. .
That functionality is changing in 2.6. From what I've seen on the PTS, you can only have one Trauma Probe per target. If a second Combat Medic attempts to put a Trauma Probe on a target that already has it, it either refreshes or replaces the stack (couldn't tell which). If it refreshes the stacks it would promote teamwork, while if it replaces it you may see some pointless competition.

If it's the latter, it will only be a problem in 8v8 warzones when two or more Combat Medics are more preoccupied with padding their numbers than cooperating and doing their job. It may also happen in a pug operation, but that's something both healers need to coordinate (if one is just trolling, boot 'em and find someone else). In any other situation (arenas, flashpoints, operations) there should be enough organization and awareness to prevent any such competition.

EDIT: I'd prefer two stacks of Trauma Probe to a debuff limit, however.

Quote: Originally Posted by windogie View Post
You are just gonna end up fighting for trauma probe a lot. It's gonna be pretty bad either one of the healers will call it quits or they will both die/run out of ammo..
If two Commandos die/run out of ammo because they spent all of their time trying to put Trauma Probe on the same target, they are both bad and should feel bad. Just putting that out there.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

BobaFaceroll's Avatar


BobaFaceroll
01.14.2014 , 03:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaniardInfinity View Post
That functionality is changing in 2.6. From what I've seen on the PTS, you can only have one Trauma Probe per target. If a second Combat Medic attempts to put a Trauma Probe on a target that already has it, it either refreshes or replaces the stack (couldn't tell which). If it refreshes the stacks it would promote teamwork, while if it replaces it you may see some pointless competition.

If it's the latter, it will only be a problem in 8v8 warzones when two or more Combat Medics are more preoccupied with padding their numbers than cooperating and doing their job. It may also happen in a pug operation, but that's something both healers need to coordinate (if one is just trolling, boot 'em and find someone else). In any other situation (arenas, flashpoints, operations) there should be enough organization and awareness to prevent any such competition.
Well that's unfortunate. I was hoping that would not change as I currently enjoy stacking two Probes on our main tank in our all Trooper raid night. It makes healing the main tank a breeze...I'll miss that. Spreading probes around the whole raid is good, but it's going to be a nerf to how easy it is to keep up the main tank. Less effort to heal everyone else though, so it's probably a net gain. We shall see soon enough.

I have to wonder though if that's an unintended effect. Should two Commandos still be able to stack their own Probes as they do on live and this behavior is a bug, or is this the actual intent? We will never know of course as I expect we will never see a yellow Dev response one way or the other.

Anyway, thanks for the post. I've been wondering how it would work.

windogie's Avatar


windogie
01.14.2014 , 04:46 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFaceroll View Post
The 'one per target' text already exists on Trauma Probe, and currently your Commando can only have one active. It's there so that you know you can't put a fresh Trauma Probe on someone and still keep whatever charges you have from the first cast. Two different Commandos can currently put their Trauma Probes on the same target, despite that 'one per target' text on the skill. Unless that functionality is changing with 2.6 two Commandos won't be fighting for anything.

I really don't want a lockout. I want to be able to reapply it when it suits me, not when (and only when) all charges are depleted.
I dont really like it but bioware thinks we will be OP or something.
Lorhah-merc-55
Osishar-sniper-55
Ryshaz-sorc-55
"The wild Okiko hunter"