Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Changes Brainstorming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Mercenary Changes Brainstorming
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vollzenhein
01.15.2014 , 04:41 AM | #341
I do not main a Merc healer, but I heal with one in the current HM Dread Operations, and the healing in PvE-- when considering the buffs they brings-- is in a good place, ie: I feel no pressure to "pick up slack" but occasionally resource issues when there are a few too many "oh ****" moments. For PvP, before they jump down my throat about good numbers, Id like to point out that very few complain about the raw output of Merc/Mando healing (and most of those do not understand how the spec works), because their problems lies within the class itself: very cast reliant with few and mostly ineffective ways to counter it. One idea that could offer something for both sides: (Apologies if this was mentioned in one of the previous 300+ posts)

Emergency Scan has always seemed a bit lackluster and disjointed for a capstone ability, perhaps it should be tied it into the tree a bit more? Maybe have its cooldown reset be one of the perks of Super Charged Gas and/or build charges of Combat Support Cylinder?

BigDumbViking
01.17.2014 , 09:28 AM | #342
I don't know if this has been mentioned...

But interrupt immunity is more important than pushback imo... Can we move Power Shield in the healing tree down 1-2 tiers? Make it a first tier talent in the healing tree so it is widely available to every spec to get a couple seconds of reprieve from the constant interrupt/stun fest.

Also, resolve needs to be tied to the interrupt mechanism as well. No interrupts or pushback while resolve bar is full.
YardstickAronhernandezM'argarita
StringcheeseBibi'fetSneak'y Viking
Dück Trombone

Etilik
01.20.2014 , 03:38 AM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by orryko View Post
- add a disengage move like hunters have in wow. We have a jetpack ffs. Would help us get off additional hard casts as well. 30m. 45 sec cooldown.
I think that's the main point, as for Operative rolling ability we should have something similare, would be nice to have a short fly with jetpack.

Thetylander
01.22.2014 , 06:22 PM | #344
Personally i would love to see a risk/reward system implemented with heat

when dealing damage/ healing there is a "sweet spot" to hit where the player deals additional damage, but is also prone to overheating if heat is not regulated (so somewhere in the 80-90 range). There is a champion in league of legends that uses a similar system to this but instead of overheating when he reaches 100% he cant cast for 3-4 seconds. so essentially any player can still do damage, but the ones who are more skilled at heat regulation are rewarded.

also a jetpack disengage would be awesome!!