Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

new to merc best pve dps spec???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
new to merc best pve dps spec???

BigDumbViking
02.03.2014 , 12:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
Arsenal's armor debuff is better because it's part of their natural rotation. Sniper has to fit it in outside their normal rotation. Not that it's a big deal, because the loss to sniper dps is lower than the loss going from Pyro to Arsenal on most fights.

I actually have a much easier time managing heat in Pyro. Usually on the 1.5mil dummy I have to use rapid shots 10-15 times in Pryo. I've not parsed in Arsenal for quite a while, but I know I was using it a lot more than that.
Like I said, the Pyro heat management isn't an issue if you can maintain good heat awareness and don't screw up your rotation... But when you make mistakes as Pyro I feel like the heat cost is way higher. As pyro, if you get stuck and can't proc Railshot then you can't vent heat and you'll end up loosing DPS fast. Arsenal has a passive boost to heat dissipation from the cylinder, which is huge over a long fight, and if you get into heat problems in between the CD of Vent, you will come out of it much faster as Arsenal.
YardstickAronhernandezM'argarita
StringcheeseBibi'fetSneak'y Viking
Dück Trombone

ML_DoubleTap
02.03.2014 , 01:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BigDumbViking View Post
Like I said, the Pyro heat management isn't an issue if you can maintain good heat awareness and don't screw up your rotation... But when you make mistakes as Pyro I feel like the heat cost is way higher. As pyro, if you get stuck and can't proc Railshot then you can't vent heat and you'll end up loosing DPS fast. Arsenal has a passive boost to heat dissipation from the cylinder, which is huge over a long fight, and if you get into heat problems in between the CD of Vent, you will come out of it much faster as Arsenal.
Fair enough, I can agree with that.

You shouldn't get into the heat problems as easily...but, yeah, if/when you do it's easier to get out in Arsenel.
Bonkurz