Lets talk about the Dark vs Light Packs.

Vhaegrant

http://www.swtor.com/blog/dark-vs.-light-event-and-rewards-blog

Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Packs

These packs are “best of” packs that are themed around the dark and light sides. Each pack contains two slots. One slot is a “best of” Dark vs. Light item, and the other slot will contain either a Companion Gift or an Experience Boost. Below are just a few examples of what items can be found in the pack:

•Tulak Hord’s Armor Set

•Satele Shan’s Armor Set

•Revan Reborn’s Armor Set

•Black/Black and White/White Dye

•MSM J-37 Jetpack

•Volatile Conqueror’s Lightsaber

•Cathar Honor Sword

•Unstable Arbiter’s Lightsaber

•Two new Weapon Tunings, Dark-attuned and Light-attuned

•And more!

A few extra details on the packs -the armor sets come in three separate boxes, Upper Body, Lower Body, and Supplementary. Each item that you earn from a Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Pack is Bind on Pickup, so they cannot be sold. However, these items do unlock in collections similar to other pack items.

So for a player that's already spent a small fortune securing Tulak Hord's Set, Satele Shan's Set, Revan Reborn's Set and the Light sabers exactly why should they be enthusiastic about getting Bind on Pickup non salable junk?

Why can't you do away with the gambling packs and maybe set up a vendor with the items. Give a certain number of tokens to spend at the vendor to get what I might actually want. Given that it's a one shot deal.

By my count 55 crates by the time you unlock Eternal (85 if you go crazy and unlock Legendary), so scale it for the same number of tokens and price the items on the vendor accordingly.

If you are going to make players replay old content the very least you could do is allow them to choose the rewards.

I wanted to ask:

Why the HELL do I need black-black dye on a random character which I made specifically for the event???

At least with dyes there's the faint chance of a legacy bound chest piece you might want to use.

And there are legacy weapons to move the tunings about.

But the random gambling packs when limited are a bad idea.

Holy crap did I just realize I had a long blonde moment. I completely forgot that I could move tunings that way, and instead spent 160 million credits for 5 of them.

At least with dyes there's the faint chance of a legacy bound chest piece you might want to use.

But the random gambling packs when limited are a bad idea.

There is that small perk, but yeah. Maybe the tokens could be BtL? Oh wait, this is BW we're talking about. *goes back to sulking and leveling her characters who won't be able to participate anyway*

Holy crap did I just realize I had a long blonde moment. I completely forgot that I could move tunings that way, and instead spent 160 million credits for 5 of them.

I've not actually had a weapon tuning, I just guessed that at least one legacy weapon would be upgraded to have the slot available :)

I don't actually mind the items themselves being BoP but I think it would be best if the packs are BoL so we can send those to our main toons rather than be forced to unlock the items again through collections.

Yeah I can see situations where a player gets the item they want but on the character that's running the repeated content and not the character they want.

Never mind you can always spend 480 cartel coins to unlock it in the collections.

Or better yet have the 55 crates on one character and get 5 Cathar honour swords... :'(