An "easy" (but boring) way to level from 70-75 & get a lot of CXP - IMP side

Darev

Sorry Pub players, I don't immediately know of a Pub side equivalent.

There is a level 50 heroics on Corellia called Prison Busting.

It is in a private phase.

There is a bonus mission in it for killing 60 npcs.

There are around 50 in the "Courtyard" area.

Kill all the mobs in the courtyard, walk out of the phase, reset it, and walk back in.

That's it.

Rinse and repeat as many times as you like.

Get a group of like minded people, obviously up to 4, to make it go a tad faster.

I took my level 73 sniper in there and just two resets later I was level 75 and had 33k cxp.

I think this even beats the bug hunt area in terms of speed, and especially since it's a private phase.

and just two resets later I was level 75 and had 33k cxp[/b].

I'm not sure if this is a troll post or not. The game no longer has "CXP" it's been changed to "renown". Renown does not seem to serve any useful purpose as items should be claimed so they can be deconstructed for tech fragments rather than disintegrated into renown points while you grind gear (imo).

Getting from just 70-75 can be done long before you finish the new story in probably the same (or less) time. But for people who hate story and prefer grinding to level 75, I guess the above area you referred to could be useful.

Edited by Sarova

Umm, yeah. The easiest and more entertaining way to level from 70-75 is to just do the Onslaught story line. You're level 75 with at least 268 gear by the time you finish.

You can't complain about grind if all you do is some Heroic over and over. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

Except that it isn't entertaining at all.

Far more entertaining to spend 20 mins on Onderon (at most) then spending time grinding mobs in a heroic. I can bash mobs any time I want, no need to waste my life doing that for leveling when each quest on Onderon gives 1.7 mil-2 mil XP each when your wearing the DvL armor, and using an XP boost.

Edited by Toraak

I'm not sure if this is a troll post or not. The game no longer has "CXP" it's been changed to "renown". Renown does not seem to serve any useful purpose as items should be claimed so they can be deconstructed for tech fragments rather than disintegrated into renown points while you grind gear (imo).

Getting from just 70-75 can be done long before you finish the new story in probably the same (or less) time. But for people who hate story and prefer grinding to level 75, I guess the above area you referred to could be useful.

Pretty sure he knows all that. And RXP is literally just a rebranded CXP. :rolleyes:

Not sure if this is a troll post or not.

Running the story for leveling is fine the first 10 times. After that, I'd rather skip all the nonsense on 30 alts and do something completely mindless like grinding trash.

There's a reason bug hunt groups were a thing before 5.10.4.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Umm, yeah. The easiest and more entertaining way to level from 70-75 is to just do the Onslaught story line. You're level 75 with at least 268 gear by the time you finish.

You can't complain about grind if all you do is some Heroic over and over. :)

I am not sure I complain about farming xp as an ideology. I come from great spin groups in SWG.

I have complained about the methods I've seen people do it in the past. Separate topics/discussions

Seems useful for level 70s who aren't ready to go to Ossus or Onslaught yet.

Thank you, I thought so too, which is why I shared it.

It's like when cz-198 rampage is turned on for conquest. You can either fight mobs with everyone else trying to get it done, or you can go into the sewer mission phase, kill the 30 rats, exit and reset the phase, then go back in. No muss, no fuss, no fighting over mobs.

Same with this. Easy/fast way to do it regardless of "why"

When I start leveling up my pub toons, I will be looking for a Pub side version of this.

Thank you, I thought so too, which is why I shared it.

It's like when cz-198 rampage is turned on for conquest. You can either fight mobs with everyone else trying to get it done, or you can go into the sewer mission phase, kill the 30 rats, exit and reset the phase, then go back in. No muss, no fuss, no fighting over mobs.

Same with this. Easy/fast way to do it regardless of "why"

When I start leveling up my pub toons, I will be looking for a Pub side version of this.

Pub side contenders-- maybe:

Nar Shaddaa:

The Morgukai. Lots of golds and high-value silvers at the top of level sync. Most of them are pretty well clustered and distributed. But they're in a confined space and the golds have a really long, annoying stun. Works best with a stealth melee toon.

Lab Animals: All at-level silvers, but there are lots of them and in decently spaced clusters. They're great AOE fodder, if you've got a decent companion.

Shadow Extraction: Again, all silvers, but there are tons of them. Gobs and gobs. They're also pretty nicely clustered.

Hoth:

Humanitarian Aid: A good mix of at-level golds and silvers. Nothing too particularly annoying to kill either, even though it takes a while.

Frostclaw: If you want lots and lots of mobs plus some variety, there's a mix of everything from champs to golds, silvers, and lots of trash. The trash is really annoying, though, with mini-knockbacks that come five or six at a time.

Corellia:

Starfighters of Corellia: Nicely spaced and a good selection of silvers and golds.

TBH, I'd go Humanitarian Aid