Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legendary Ember?

Gelious
10.27.2019 , 04:46 PM | #1
So on my quest to make myself a new infinite medpack I reached the final stage - crafting the thing, and discovered it requires a new legendary component - Legendary Ember. 5 of them, in fact. So far I accidently got one -from a crew mission came another mission (wealthy), and it was one of rewards.

It says it'a a rare reward for harvesting and missions. How rare are we talking about? Should I go to Onderon and look for biochem nodes? (dont even know what those look like, to be honest) Should I spam crew missions? There are plenty of Embers on gtn, but I would still like to know how to get them myself.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

jedcjedcjedc
10.27.2019 , 09:50 PM | #2
Idk about harvesting, but for missions, they can bring back a mission discovery as a reward, one of them I've done was called "heroes journey" and it has like double the normal rewards and an ember. I've got like 7 of em, so they're pretty rare, but not impossible.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

Terro_Fett
10.27.2019 , 11:37 PM | #3
They come from the special mission discoveries, the one-time ones you get from datapads to unlock.
You also get the mat rarely from disintegrating high level gear.
Dread Master Deloth Vyrr
<Reign> - Progression Ops Leader
I will not fail, I cannot die.

Void_Singer
10.28.2019 , 03:47 AM | #4
rich missions seem to have a small chance to drop the mission discoveries... or better, run the grade 11 slicing lockbox mission (which drops them on crits)

alexzk
10.28.2019 , 04:43 AM | #5
breaking 300+ items give some.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

Gelious
10.28.2019 , 12:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
rich missions seem to have a small chance to drop the mission discoveries... or better, run the grade 11 slicing lockbox mission (which drops them on crits)
I didnt level any comps influence except my main, and the alt with slicing has only low level companions. I take it the change to crit depends on influence?

Quote: Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
breaking 300+ items give some.
I broke a lot of 300+ items while getting to 306 and beyond. Never got any.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Balameb
10.28.2019 , 12:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
I didnt level any comps influence except my main, and the alt with slicing has only low level companions. I take it the change to crit depends on influence?

Having a high influence comp with at least one slicer is a good invesment.
Still, since you already have the schematic for gold medpack, getting the embers you need is trivial in comparison. Look at the price of those in GTN and also look at the price of Bioanalisys grade 11 mission discovery (Do not even try diplomacy, i got zero embers from those). You should get one or two embers from a single grade 11 bionalisys mission discovery.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

alexzk
10.28.2019 , 12:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post

If you have slicing, you can go pick boxes in world. They drop missions. I got like 10 mis in 2 days, but 1 only biochem.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

steveerkcanjerk
10.30.2019 , 03:54 PM | #9
what about underworld tradiing. I am a armormech and I have been looking for this mat. I have 1 that out of like 100's of deconstructs of 300+. Also where do i get those missions for underworld trading if there is any.
the mandalorians will rise again, we will unite and make the galaxy bow.
choggun mandalorian sniper
dreadshots mandalorian mercanary

Balameb
10.30.2019 , 04:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by steveerkcanjerk View Post
what about underworld tradiing. I am a armormech and I have been looking for this mat. I have 1 that out of like 100's of deconstructs of 300+. Also where do i get those missions for underworld trading if there is any.
Easier ways are to get them from lootbox grade 11 slicing (when you crit, you just don't know for what skill will it be). Or buying from GTN. Underworld Trading mission discoveries are the ones that provided me with more Embers each, this is probably because UT involves Two different mats, mission disco for them were always the best.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link