Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No disassembly for gatherers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
No disassembly for gatherers?

Malvador
11.19.2019 , 11:34 PM | #1
I've noticed I don't get the option to disassemble anything now that I've taken all gathering skills. This was a prime way for me to gather tech fragments. So would taking three crafting skills in lieu of the gathering skills be more optimal if I don't care to craft, but still need a f*$k ton of tech fragments for the gear I want? Mission completions alone just don't seem nearly as lucrative as deconstructing a big bag of loot every few missions also.

SteveTheCynic
11.20.2019 , 12:26 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Malvador View Post
I've noticed I don't get the option to disassemble anything now that I've taken all gathering skills. This was a prime way for me to gather tech fragments. So would taking three crafting skills in lieu of the gathering skills be more optimal if I don't care to craft, but still need a f*$k ton of tech fragments for the gear I want? Mission completions alone just don't seem nearly as lucrative as deconstructing a big bag of loot every few missions also.
Since deconstruction is the new Reverse Engineering, it makes sense that pure gatherers can't deconstruct - they couldn't Reverse Engineer before 6.0 either.

While it might well be more optimal to have three crafting skills than three gathering or mission skills, the game doesn't allow you to have more than one crafting skill *per*character*. But if you have four characters you're using to gather gear on, have each one learn a different crafting skill and pass the gear around to get the maximum benefit.

(Unless synthweavers can decon all armour without the aid of armormechs and vice versa, of course.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

ceryxp
11.20.2019 , 05:42 AM | #3
On my main I trained Archaeology, Scavenging, and Bioanalysis and I've been able to disassemble stuff to get Jawa junk and tech frags. Disassembly is supposed to be available for everyone. It's just that if you have a crafting skill then you get ingredients along with the Jawa junk and tech frags.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Void_Singer
11.21.2019 , 02:24 PM | #4
@OP
is it items with level 70+ requirements that you can't deconstruct? because those are the only ones that are deconstructable by everyone.... older <70 stuff still requires the correct craft skill, and does not return fragments for those items anyways.