Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

Dee-Jay
04.19.2012 , 07:27 AM | #111
This patch is ******** and I really hate the PvP since it went live.

Even as a Guardian in BM/WH gear I drop in 2-3 seconds. One 4 sek. stun is normally enough to kill anyone, even in a 2v2.

Sometimes I'll Leap into the fight with full HP, only to look at my HP a second or two later to see it down to 20% already.

Most Huttball games end after 15 minutes with low scores because Huttball carriers die so quickly.

Stealth has become even more powerful because you can take someone down to 50% in an opener.

What used to be perfectly fine PvP is now a frustrating gib-fest remnant of modern FPS more than anything else.

Mr_Clark
04.19.2012 , 07:42 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashuranrx View Post
Dear Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK (Time to Kill) in PvP to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK in PvP the intended design and it is here to stay. I would like to know, that is all.
+1

This text provide to meet the min. required length of these forums...

vimm
04.19.2012 , 07:44 AM | #113
There's such a small difference, the overreactions are amusing.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

SneiK
04.19.2012 , 07:44 AM | #114
Just had a voidstar match against 4 healers. They won because of a lucky plant. Still there is no chance to plant against 4 healers even with relatively good focus. Healers are still strong, if BW go back to pre 1.2 situation it is ridiculous. QQ more.

Retro_Chrome
04.19.2012 , 07:54 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by SneiK View Post
Just had a voidstar match against 4 healers. They won because of a lucky plant. Still there is no chance to plant against 4 healers even with relatively good focus. Healers are still strong, if BW go back to pre 1.2 situation it is ridiculous. QQ more.
are you kidding me, because the other team stacked 4 healers you had a very competitive match, when before 2 healers would have done the same. healers by nature are rare! and the good ones even more Rare. having 4 healers on a team is not the norm. this not only proves my point but further encourages me that i am on the right track with this. healing should make it hard to kill people, that is what it is supposed to do. but they had 4 people healing like crazy and it was an even fight... your attempt at countering the majority only proves how ineffective healing has become.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post
I hate to say this but we are in terms of genetics 96% the same as chimps. We evolved from chimps, but damn I must say that 4% makes all the difference.

SneiK
04.19.2012 , 08:01 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Retro_Chrome View Post
are you kidding me, because the other team stacked 4 healers you had a very competitive match, when before 2 healers would have done the same. healers by nature are rare! and the good ones even more Rare. having 4 healers on a team is not the norm. this not only proves my point but further encourages me that i am on the right track with this. healing should make it hard to kill people, that is what it is supposed to do. but they had 4 people healing like crazy and it was an even fight... your attempt at countering the majority only proves how ineffective healing has become.
No, healing is still effective because now they are on equal ground towards DPS. Healing is still easier as you can heal your party through the opsframe/focustarget etc, focusing dps is a lot harder (since targeting is bad in the game atm). Good, fully PvP geared healer is still gona matter, now we can just kill you with good focus. Good focus against a good team is still hard and healers still have the natural advantage here.

SWImara
04.19.2012 , 08:01 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Xsorus View Post
Simply put, all PvP gear should have the same amount of Expertise on it, there is zero reason for War Hero to have more then Recruit as War Hero already has a Massive Stat advantage + set bonus.
At times I wonder where people find game developers... bravo to you for this suggestion.

1.2 is a mess, it would be great to generally get some answer from BW regarding "um.... *** PvP?" sure there were some complaints about balance pre 1.2 (there will always be balance complaints in an MMO) but were people demanding faster paced faceroll combat? Not that I saw.

JustTray
04.19.2012 , 08:11 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by SneiK View Post
No, healing is still effective because now they are on equal ground towards DPS. Healing is still easier as you can heal your party through the opsframe/focustarget etc, focusing dps is a lot harder (since targeting is bad in the game atm). Good, fully PvP geared healer is still gona matter, now we can just kill you with good focus. Good focus against a good team is still hard and healers still have the natural advantage here.
Since your first sentence, your premise, that healers are now on equal ground as dps is false, then the rest of your post has no merit.

The expertise ratio changed from 1-1-1 to 2-1.5-1. By definition healers have been nerfed compared to dps.

The thing that made healers on par with dps has been in the game since the beginning, its called the in combat 30% healing debuff.

Healers currently have no advantage over a similarly geared dps and anyone still playing one either just loves healing or doesnt understand basic math or cant even watch their own numbers in pvp.

MrXen
04.19.2012 , 08:13 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
There's such a small difference, the overreactions are amusing.
This. 1.76% is making people rage out. Cracks me up to see what people whine about in games...

On a side note, everyone claiming that they were hit by an unknown enemy of unknown quantity of unknown spec doing a 9k crit now instead of a pre-1.2 3k crit, please post evidence or stop using anecdotal evidence. I know you people don't want to give me real information that I can used to explain to you why you were getting hit so hard in a situation, but just saying "I don't believe in numbers derr" is the dumbest response ever.

Yes, damage increased on equally geared players by 1.76%. Nothing more. Healing was not touched in terms of expertise and remains unchecked and impossible to counter stat wise.

Yes, every cent/champ geared player (and people who re-modded BM gear) has been shafted in terms of the expertise on their gear, I'm sorry, get over it, buy the full recruit for 250,000 credits and you'll have 920 expertise giving you ONLY a 6% deficit compared to a new full BM, and a 9% deficit compared to a full war hero.

No. Wearing PvE gear in a warzone is not viable anymore at all.

Yes. You SHOULD worry if your expertise is below 900 since that is the baseline for recruit...the near-free pvp gear starting point.

Yes. Hitting people with 0 expertise will yield MASSIVE numbers if you are recruit+, but that is not a damage buff, that is separation of PvP gear from PvE gear, and the effect of someone being dumb (not at least buying recruit for pvp) and paying for it in the new system.

No. You aren't critting for x3 as much, or x99999 as much, or even x1.5 as much. You are just paying attention to numbers at the end of a warzone now since the new patch and being misinformed by a situation in pvp (BM vs fresh 50 no recruit) or the addition of hits (where you get hit so fast the game agglomerates them into 1 hit for ease of processing despite the fact it was not a 9,000 damage anything, multiple people hit at once).

And yes, the surge of activity associated with patch 1.2 has stirred the previously settled shark tank and a bunch of most-likely good pvp'ers who were less active are now enjoying the new 1.2 for a while. It happens.

Torcer
04.19.2012 , 08:21 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashuranrx View Post
Dear Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK (Time to Kill) in PvP to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK in PvP the intended design and it is here to stay. I would like to know, that is all.
THIS x1000