Purple Lightsaber Crystals

KiraHalcyon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best guess in breaking down a purple color stoned Lightsaber and hope you get it , or purple color quest gems you find for the better vers

If you have a purple colour stoned lightsaber cant you just remove the purple colour stone by paying a few credits? Im sure you could do that in beta.

Edited by Skelas

Doesn't look like you can anymore. I've been trying to get my hands on an orange crystal, but haven't found any guns, or sabers that you can remove the crystals from, other then the Legendary ones you can buy with commendations, so, that may be the best bet, go blow your commendation badges on sabers with purple/orange, and hope you can learn them that way.

From what i've seen, any armor or weapon that comes loaded with mods (or stones) have them locked into the item. You can only replace them and destroy them, removal is not possible.

That'd be a pretty drastic change from beta, where you could remove anything you wanted to. To be honest I don't know why they would've changed that. I'm sad if they did :(

Edited by SinTion

That'd be a pretty drastic change from beta, where you could remove anything you wanted to. To be honest I don't know why they would've changed that. I'm sad if they did :(

http://www.swtor.com/blog/some-clarifications-item-modifications

I like the change, it made crafting better, and appearances more customizable.

Edited by GawdoOo

the purple crystal recipe also requires a purple mat. I've been sending my crew out on mission after mission, but they've not come back ever with a purple "drop" and now my skill is too high so unless someone knows another way, I've lost the opportunity to use this recipe while I'm at a suitable level.

From what i've seen, any armor or weapon that comes loaded with mods (or stones) have them locked into the item. You can only replace them and destroy them, removal is not possible.

Hahaha I can still remove mods from my quest item reward items. You need to relearn mod removal.

BTW Dodger Purp crafting items are from Mission crew skills on a crit. If skill lvl gone to high just go to the level selection box top of mission list and change it to the lower mission bracket. IE From16-20 to 10-15 (or what ever it is I had the same problem on my crafter crafting slow)

Edited by Kotli

Doesn't look like you can anymore. I've been trying to get my hands on an orange crystal, but haven't found any guns, or sabers that you can remove the crystals from

I got an orange double blade lightsaber late (~midnight GMT) on Wednesday evening that let me remove the crystal for a princely sum of 23 credits... I'm not entirely sure whether doing so caused the thing to bind to me however. Was just a random drop, but but discovered it was bound when I tried to auction the blighter :p

I got an orange double blade lightsaber late (~midnight GMT) on Wednesday evening that let me remove the crystal for a princely sum of 23 credits... I'm not entirely sure whether doing so caused the thing to bind to me however. Was just a random drop, but but discovered it was bound when I tried to auction the blighter :p

If the weapon is bound to you - then unfortunately, so are all the components of the weapon.

the purple crystal recipe also requires a purple mat. I've been sending my crew out on mission after mission, but they've not come back ever with a purple "drop" and now my skill is too high so unless someone knows another way, I've lost the opportunity to use this recipe while I'm at a suitable level.

There is a dropdown box on the Crew Mission window.. .you can select what tier of mission you want them go do.

You can only remove mods from mod-able items, they would appear orange in your inventory. As for the purple crystal all I know is that the columni(sp) gear has it, but that is at level 50. I am hoping that before then they will be available... so far have not come across one.

If you have a purple colour stoned lightsaber cant you just remove the purple colour stone by paying a few credits? Im sure you could do that in beta.

All items with purple crystals were taken off of vendors - but yes, you can pull them out of items and then put them into your light saber.

I would also like to point out that quests that used to reward purple crystals - no longer do so; the databases are woefully out of date with data they got from early beta builds.