Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

As the thread title states. I have been subbed to SWTOR since pre-release and rarely complained about any of the decisions the devs had made but the free 30 days has been done wrong if you ask me.

Just because my playstyle (I have a lvl 48 and a bunch of alts) I don't get the 30 free days?

Bioware is offering 30 free days to anyone that has a lvl 50 no matter how long they've supported the game and they are also offering 6 days to the people that stopped subbing to the game, but nothing for those of us that either don't play as much or make a bunch of alts or both.

I realize that very few of you forum goers fall into this category but I think most of you will agree that in addition to those with level 50 characters, all accounts that have been subbed since release deserve the free 30 days as well.

It's ironic that this is the first thing Bioware has done that makes me want to cancel my sub and show my appreciation right back to Bioware.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As the thread title states. I have been subbed to SWTOR since pre-release and rarely complained about any of the decisions the devs had made but the free 30 days has been done wrong if you ask me.

Just because my playstyle (I have a lvl 48 and a bunch of alts) I don't get the 30 free days?

Bioware is offering 30 free days to anyone that has a lvl 50 no matter how long they've supported the game and they are also offering 6 days to the people that stopped subbing to the game, but nothing for those of us that either don't play as much or make a bunch of alts or both.

I realize that very few of you forum goers fall into this category but I think most of you will agree that in addition to those with level 50 characters, all accounts that have been subbed since release deserve the free 30 days as well.

It's ironic that this is the first thing Bioware has done that makes me want to cancel my sub and show my appreciation right back to Bioware.

I agree with you. My highest character completed his story at 47 and I saw no need to grind him for 3 more levels so I rerolled. I got my consular up to 30 something and then my server died. Rerolled a Bounty Hunter on another server got him to late 30's/early 40's quit, this server was dead when I came back. I Just rolled a Knight who is at level 28 on a third new server.

I clearly don't deserve a free month, because I haven't got to 50. I have only pre-ordered the game on the first day of pre-order, got the Collector's Edition, subbed 3 months and completed a fair amount of the games content.

If they did it based on legacy level I suspect that might have been better. Sadly they didn't so I can understand the frustration.

Legacy level likely would not of helped me as I have had to hop servers twice because they died. The one I am currently on looks like its going to go that way too.

Speaking as someone with a 50 and the free time i have to agree.

It's a very odd and arbitrary point to give out a free month for. If they're giving out a free month due to level 50's complaining about lack of endgame then they're going to end up giving out a LOT of free months over the life of this game.

EDIT: They talked about fostering a community when TOR was released. To me this seems like something that has the ability to divide that community.

Edited by Cormey

wow, when i saw thisi wasso upset, i had alvl 50 sniper for some weeks ago, but accidentaly i deleted him, now my highes char is a lvl 38 warrior, but unitl this time i havent felt like i wasted a mont by lvl ing up my agent, cos at least i became more experienced since this is my first mmo, and now i know i wont roll a sniper again more like an operative. And really 30 days my, wallett would really like that 30 free days since i have just resubbed!

I have two 50s and working on my third... so I got my 30 days. However, I feel sorry for everyone that has been playing since release and didn't get free time because they are (A) alt-aholics, (B) don't have a lot of time to play, or © just like to go slow and complete EVERYTHING. If I was in your shoes, I'd be super angry.

They should have taken the high road by rewarding all loyal customers who paid for the game and have paid their subscription fees continuously since launch.

Instead, they took the low road by trying to bait their most unhappy customers (those that are already at end-game content) into sticking around a little longer.

:mad:

Edited by Musezy

Oh no doubt some people will cancel over it because as it stands worded, if you don't have a 50 BioWare doesn't care about you even if you've been subbed from the beginning consistently. Having a 50 doesn't make one any more loyal than the altaholic that has 8 characters and has been subbed all this time. It's a boneheaded move in the wake of the upcoming launch of 2 major mmos.

Why wouldn't u finish the climb after getting so close to the end? If u get within 5 levels of max, at this leveling speed, doesn't it compel u to finish it up?

It would drive me nuts to have unfinished business while getting more into the exact same position.

End of the day it's up to bw and Im alright with it, he'll Iv got just under 6 days played, free 30 days sounds great to me.

Edited by DakataTan

Would you really unsub from a game that you love over $15? That seems irrational. They're offering the free month to 50s presumably because most of the bugs were in end game and therefore didn't impact non-50s. They're trying to placate the angriest segment of the player base so people don't unsubscribe. It's a good strategy, and I hope it works. I also hope they merge the light population servers ASAP, because that will immediately improve the game for everyone. I'm sure they're cringing over the way the announcement was worded, and I wouldn't take it personally.

Would you really unsub from a game that you love over $15? That seems irrational. They're offering the free month to 50s presumably because most of the bugs were in end game and therefore didn't impact non-50s. They're trying to placate the angriest segment of the player base so people don't unsubscribe. It's a good strategy, and I hope it works. I also hope they merge the light population servers ASAP, because that will immediately improve the game for everyone. I'm sure they're cringing over the way the announcement was worded, and I wouldn't take it personally.

well i would, and maybe for some ppl like me 15$ i still money

Why wouldn't u finish the climb after getting so close to the end? If u get within 5 levels of max, at this leveling speed, doesn't it compel u to finish it up?

It would drive me nuts to have unfinished business while getting more into the exact same position.

Why should I level up the last 3 levels after completing my story when the only thing that holds my interest in this game is the story?

People would do it simply based on principle. Not having a 50 doesn't make you any less loyal than the person who does. What makes someone loyal is being subscribed since December 20th. What anyone does with their game time is on them. To some it's a blatant slap in the face because BioWare is basically saying someone's not loyal if they don't have 50s even though they gave BioWare their money month after month.

I am a little surprised that people who had playing since launce still have no level 50 character, so maybe BioWare didn't thought about that as well... but they should have access the data to see such things.

Many altaholics won't because they simply prefer to work on many characters at the same time and the way SWTOR's designed, it kinda drives people the altaholic way to keep interested to a point or they play casualy, have family obligations etc...

Why should I level up the last 3 levels after completing my story when the only thing that holds my interest in this game is the story?

Because it will give you your last skills ect and place you in a better position to play the next round of story when they do a story update. Also you don't unlock certain companion story lines until 50, there are bonus quest lines leading to the dailies that are still story arcs, Ilum has a good story and leads you through 2 story based flashpoints after your class quests are finished (you pick that line up from the fleet). The story hasn't ended with your class quests, the Ilum world arc finish the game's story off.

I appreciate you not liking grinding but even the Operations are story based if you only run them onces (or enough times to complete them once), you need to be 50 to do that.

People would do it simply based on principle. Not having a 50 doesn't make you any less loyal than the person who does. What makes someone loyal is being subscribed since December 20th. What anyone does with their game time is on them. To some it's a blatant slap in the face because BioWare is basically saying someone's not loyal if they don't have 50s even though they gave BioWare their money month after month.

^^this true

but seems even those get 30 days who had lvl 50 but deleted:D, ofc i still fel sry for you guys

Edited by vaknyuszi

I am a little surprised that people who had playing since launce still have no level 50 character, so maybe BioWare didn't thought about that as well... but they should have access the data to see such things.

I have been playing since early access and do not have a level 50 because I. Have 50 different alts. (Yes, 50, lol). This is partly due to me trying to find healthy servers and partly because I enjoy trying different things with each toon.

I realize that they had to draw the line somewhere but it does feel like a slap in the face. I have been a loyal and dedicated fan. I spend a lot of time in game and have tried to help with testing on PTS but now I am essentially told I am not valued?? *sigh*

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've subscribed from the beginning and I have a lot of alts but none up to 50 yet. I take my time. I was never in a rush to get to max level. I spend time helping lower level guildies do heroics where I don't get much or any XP. But I'm not a valued and loyal customer?????? That is such BS and is a blatant slap in the face.

would and did!

but to be fair, this was the final insult that broke my back!

Ive been waivering on the line for a while but in the end, I would have convinced myself to resub after my 6 months

This just free's up allot of time for me now!