Original Companions Involvement in Story Post-Fallen Empire

Xewn

A lot of us are still waiting for our companions to return and I have to say I am really disappointed with the way a lot of them did come back. (I had to spend so much time with Kalyo, who wasn't even a companion for most of my characters, and who I can't stand, but then got almost nothing for Andronikos, Corso, and Risha.) But now that they are back they're barely involved in the story anymore. And I'm still disconcerted that my ship has no crew. After waiting so long for companions to return I felt like they deserved better and I'd like at least some of my classes major companions to be part of my story on a regular basis. It hardly feels like they came back at all when they aren't on the ship, they don't respond in conversations, and they don't have any part in my story.

I, too, would like more cut scenes with our original companions.

Especially for companions that were romanced and maintained that romance (didn't switch to Theron/Lana/etc).

Also, some Ronto mounts, Ronto and farm and ranch and stable themed decorations.

BECAUSE CORSO PROMISED! YOU PROMISED, YOU !#@%#$@!

Edited by Xina_LA

I hope there will be more involvement of original companions in future story too!

For the time being, I wonder if some of the most-neglected companions could even rise to the level of being given a little description phrase in the companion list. Just a few notably don't have them: Andronikos, Ashara, Mako, Akaavi, Corso, Risha, Vector, and Felix. (If there are more, I can't call them to mind.) It's kinda egregious when there's a huge list of companions and they all have these pithy little descriptors... but, in the case of these few companions, the husband / wife / best friend of the consular, smuggler, inquisitor, agent, or hunter does not! For example, in the long list of my consular's companions, only her husband, the most important person in the world to her, doesn't have this little phrase, as you can see in this album. Even people she met briefly and rejected as recruits have the descriptors. :p

I dunno, it just makes me feel like, if someone can't even find the time to give these companions a "tag," what are the hopes that they'll have much of a story role going forwards? :( I feel like the smuggler, inquisitor, and consular already got a pretty raw deal with no companions returning in integral story roles in the replayable KotFE/ET chapters. It would be nice if maybe some of their companions got a bit more content going forwards to make up for that, but with some of these companions not even getting their own dedicated return (four of them squashed into two returns, sharing their return with another companion) I don't know that I have high hopes.

I think that, for a lot of us, even some small nods here and there would help us feel like our companions are more involved and appreciated. Putting companions back on ships is a nice help. Maybe showing the companions in the company of the PC at the start of some cutscenes would help too, even if they don't say anything (to save on voice-acting costs).

Edited by Estelindis

The first character I completed the Alliance storyline with was a female Imperial Agent who had romanced Vector Hyllus. When she was separated from Vector, she began a relationship with Lana Beniko.

(Well, strictly speaking, the flirting with Lana Beniko and Theron Shan begins before your character's companions, including your love interest, disappear at the start of Knights of the Fallen Empire, but that's a whole other topic.)

I knew that Vector was going to return eventually. I just didn't know, at the time, how he would.

The entire time that my Agent was romancing Lana, I fully intended to eventually end their relationship and have my Agent get back together with Vector when he returned to the storyline. But when that moment came, in the Alliance Alert "Vector's Vector," I chose to have her turn Vector down instead and remain with Lana.

Because, after seeing how Alliance Alerts generally go in this game, I realized that Vector was almost certainly never going to appear in the storyline again once his Alliance Alert was finished. In fact, with only a few exceptions, the original class companions have very little to do at all in the expansions.

(To make matters worse, several of the original class companions can die in the expansion storyline, depending on your character's choices. That means that any appearances that these companions make from now on have to be completely optional, which sharply limits the likelihood of their participating in any future expansions.)

I realized that it wasn't really a choice between my Agent continuing her relationship with Lana or renewing her relationship with Vector. It was a choice between being with Lana or ending my character's romance in the game altogether. So I chose Lana rather than see my Agent get no romantic cutscenes anymore at all.

It would be really nice if they had the original class companions, particularly the love interest companions, get some more cutscenes in the future storylines.