Some Imperial Classes OP? (*cough* Inquisitor *cough*)

Melon

Is it just me or is this class way too op. My main problem is how quickly they can heal themselves in such large amounts on a continuous basis (600 force! While my trooper has 12 ammo....). There large amount of force also allows them to use more of their powers much for often then other class I know of. An example was when 5 players in my ops group tried taking down one of these to only heal himself in large quanties despite the massive amounts of damage he was taking and only to be saved by reinforcing imperials. It's quite much no? Knowing how other classes do not have an advantage like this at all.

UUMMM Try fighting troopers or smugglers, they can out heal an assain damage then disappear apparantly timer free with multiple stuns

I see you have no clue about Troopers they don't get to disappear... and sorcs need a nerf bat. Class that has full on shield/dps/healing needs to be one, other or third not all of the above. I wouldn't call it a nerf as much as focusing them into proper role. Couple of other classes fit that criteria too.

troopers sages and smugglers all have huge delays on their skills whill the empire counter parts have instantaneous skills, almost doubling their dps against the republic, the game is hugely bugged in favor of empire and you are simply biased or uneducated to say otherwies

troopers sages and smugglers all have huge delays on their skills whill the empire counter parts have instantaneous skills, almost doubling their dps against the republic, the game is hugely bugged in favor of empire and you are simply biased or uneducated to say otherwies

Double DPS because of a 1 second delay on 1 ability? You sound ridiculous.

The DPS difference between the classes because of delays is zero. Absolutely nothing. A very few abilities go off quicker and I'm sure that will be changed... but to say that it gives a dps increase is a ridiculous claim. Everyone has the same global cooldown. No one is firing more abilities and the abilities do the same damage. Shock going off faster gives a slight advantage in certain situations, but absolutely no DPS increase.

(600 force! While my trooper has 12 ammo....)

Are you seriously trying to compare different mechanics? It's not like their heals cost 3 force. I think Sorcerers are indeed the most powerful pvp healers right now, but if you are trying to make an argument, leave dumb statements out if you want to be taken seriously. Unless you are trolling... then, by all means, continue.

Is it just me or is this class way too op. My main problem is how quickly they can heal themselves in such large amounts on a continuous basis (600 force! While my trooper has 12 ammo....). There large amount of force also allows them to use more of their powers much for often then other class I know of. An example was when 5 players in my ops group tried taking down one of these to only heal himself in large quanties despite the massive amounts of damage he was taking and only to be saved by reinforcing imperials. It's quite much no? Knowing how other classes do not have an advantage like this at all.

WAAAAAAAA you got beat by an Inquisitor. Get over it.

FYI vanguards (my class) do not have heals and sith have a shield that absorbs everything too. I've never seen a jedi sage or commando out-heal a sorceror before. They seem unstoppable. They're only class I have great difficulty defeating and on my server since about half of them in a warzone are sorceres anyways the win loss for us is like 1:5.

The DPS difference between the classes because of delays is zero. Absolutely nothing. A very few abilities go off quicker and I'm sure that will be changed... but to say that it gives a dps increase is a ridiculous claim. Everyone has the same global cooldown. No one is firing more abilities and the abilities do the same damage. Shock going off faster gives a slight advantage in certain situations, but absolutely no DPS increase.

So if my ability goes off a second slower than my opponent, he gets more attacks. How do you disagree?

If you do pve, and your clipping spells which makes your next cast a second slower, then compared if you dont clip, you get significant more dps.

All classes are mirrored. i see just as many sages as inquisitors.

"Nerf rock, paper is fine." -scissors

So if my ability goes off a second slower than my opponent, he gets more attacks. How do you disagree?

It's an attack with a cooldown, which means that delay doesn't matter.

If you do pve, and your clipping spells which makes your next cast a second slower, then compared if you dont clip, you get significant more dps.

Clipping project doesn't stop the rock. I do it all the time.

Edited by Caelrie

It is difference between getting that kill shot and enemy getting the heal off. For example Energy Blast vanguard shield spec top skill. Instant? **** no! You press it and hope it goes off, so yes DPS is affected by the delay. Also delay affects GCD because its gets messed up by the delays.

Are you seriously trying to compare different mechanics? It's not like their heals cost 3 force. I think Sorcerers are indeed the most powerful pvp healers right now, but if you are trying to make an argument, leave dumb statements out if you want to be taken seriously. Unless you are trolling... then, by all means, continue.

My abilities take about 2 to 3 ammo to use, that's about 4 attacks before I either recharge or reload. With 600 force, I've seen them be able to use more powers much more often then we troopers do (not sure but I swear I saw that it costs them like 25-35 force to use their heals).

Edited by Melon

The travel time of telekinetic throw doesn't have anything to do with your GCD. The difference between shock and telekinetic throw is the main thing people seem to be complaining about, right? In PvE it shouldn't matter at all. In pvp the delay before the damage is obviously a disadvantage in certain situations, but over time there isn't a damage difference.

Give a Shadow and an Assassin 9 seconds to press buttons, if they are equally geared and use the same abilities, they are doing the exact same damage because they get to use the exact same number of abilities. There is no cast time on telekinetic throw influencing the GCD, just a delay before the damage hits.

My abilities take about 2 to 3 ammo to use, that's about 4 attacks before I either recharge or reload. With 600 force, I've seen them be able to use more powers much more often then we troopers do (not sure but I swear I saw that it costs them like 25-35 force to use their heals).

Are you spec'd into healing? Supercharge cell gives Advanced Medical Probe no cooldown (2 Ammo). whenever you use that heal, your next Medical Probe is reduced by 2 ammo through the Field Triage talent, giving you a 1 ammo heal. Bacta Infusion is a very large heal with a long cooldown and zero ammo cost.

I'm not disagreeing that Sorcerers and Sages are amazing healers in pvp. They have to worry less about their energy mechanic and can throw out their largest heals in succession for longer than you can. But over an extended fight, with your mechanic managed well, Commandos and Mercenaries are very good healers.

Edited by Lullaby_

FYI vanguards (my class) do not have heals and sith have a shield that absorbs everything too. I've never seen a jedi sage or commando out-heal a sorceror before. They seem unstoppable. They're only class I have great difficulty defeating and on my server since about half of them in a warzone are sorceres anyways the win loss for us is like 1:5.

as an inq i assure you that the feeling is mutual

• 1 year later...

I usually hate necros but I found the OP quite amusing considering the current "heal to full" controversy :o

Look, we should not nerf inquisitors, unless of course you want the class balance team to do the polar opposite of what they are meant to do and ruin inquisitors (again) to the point a lot less people play them (we all know how they were great when the game started but ruined for a while then brought back into glory finally just for people to want them back into uselessness, make up your minds people)