Who is the real Sith'ari?

Slowpokeking

The Sith'ari will be free of limits.

The Sith'ari will lead the Sith and destroy them.

The Sith'ari will raise the Sith from death and make them stronger than before.

King Adas, Sith Emperor, Darth Bane, Darth Sidious or Darth Krayt?

Bane seems to fit the lines better than the rest(maybe plus Krayt), but Sidious is closer as the "perfect Sith".

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sidious and only Sidious - I mean really - he practically single-handedly reigned whole galactic, was super close to destroying Jedi Order and all this while being ridiculously close to Jedi, not for once dropping his mask (unless intended obviously). EU states his powers were close to limitless and knowledge of the force unparalleled, if it wasn't for Vader treason, he would crush Luke like a child, and at some point Lucas stated he was the most powerful Jedi, which I consider quite a feat.

EU states his powers were close to limitless and knowledge of the force unparalleled

This all comes from comics.Very old ones and very bad ones.

Unless it's in a game or movie form or a book with more official vibe, it's just fan fiction.

*trollface*

Edited by Kaedusz

This all comes from comics.Very old ones and very bad ones.

Unless it's in a game or movie form or a book with more official vibe, it's just fan fiction.

*trollface*

I'm not talking about ridiculousness of Dark Horse creation (where at some point he was strong enough that Jedi needed essences of ALL living and dead masters/knights to bring him down), all the canon/legends stuff is full of that, he's considered the strongest sith that ever lived, e.g. Dark Empire books/supplements, Vader - Ultimate Guide and others. Lucas himself stated many times, that indeed Sidious was the most powerful sith, so where's the point in arguing? Only character I could say is close call is Exar Kun at full power, but that's debatable, and Sidious is canon, whereas Kun isn't.

I'm not talking about ridiculousness of Dark Horse creation (where at some point he was strong enough that Jedi needed essences of ALL living and dead masters/knights to bring him down), all the canon/legends stuff is full of that, he's considered the strongest sith that ever lived, e.g. Dark Empire books/supplements, Vader - Ultimate Guide and others. Lucas himself stated many times, that indeed Sidious was the most powerful sith, so where's the point in arguing? Only character I could say is close call is Exar Kun at full power, but that's debatable, and Sidious is canon, whereas Kun isn't.

Normally i say that yes it's redicilous and also saying that Exar Kun is anywhere close to to even top 5 is just as redicilous.And after Moraband and the Bane crap anything Lucas says is insignificant to me,not that it was any significant before that.If he wanted Sidious to be the most powerful he should have shown it in the movies or should have ''given the order'' that all other sith in all other EU to be less powerful, and not come up with redicilous statements like that out of the air.

But whatever i am too old for this ****.

Edited by Kaedusz

Normally i say that yes it's redicilous and also saying that Exar Kun is anywhere close to to even top 5 is just as redicilous.And after Moraband and the Bane crap anything Lucas says is insignificant to me,not that it was any significant before that.If he wanted Sidious to be the most powerful he should have shown it in the movies or should have ''given the order'' that all other sith in all other EU to be less powerful, and not come up with redicilous statements like that out of the air.

But whatever i am too old for this ****.

Even if Lucas didn't say anything Sidious has proven he's the most powerful Sith in the Dark Empire series. Also yes. Exar Kun is that powerful.

Edited by Rhyltran

Dark Empire series.

fan fiction

Exar Kun is that powerful

no

Bane was the only one who both lead the sith to destruction and brought them back from death.

well anyone is stronger than the brotherhood of darkness and bane is not free of restriction

+ i can think of at least 1 ocassion to which what you said also works.

Edited by Kaedusz

fan fiction

no

well anyone is stronger than the brotherhood of darkness and bane is not free of restriction

+ i can think of at least 1 ocassion to which what you said also works.

Sorry. Dark Empire is canon under the rules of canonicy. You can say it's not because you don't like it? But sorry. It's canon. Comics are canon. Or were canon. Exar Kun was stated by Luke Skywalker to be the greatest dark side nexus he's seen since Palpatine. Kun had no equal during his time frame and his spirit wrecked major havoc. During his timeline his feats were beyond impressive.

C-canon is Continuity Canon, consisting of all recent works (and many older works) released under the name of Star Wars: books, comics, games, cartoons, non-theatrical films, and more. Games are a special case, as generally only the stories are C-canon, while things like stats and gameplay may not be;[7] they also offer non-canonical options to the player, such as choosing female gender for a canonically male character. C-canon elements have been known to appear in the movies, thus making them G-canon; examples include the name "Coruscant," swoop bikes, Quinlan Vos, Aayla Secura, YT-2400 freighters and Action VI transports.

Care to tell me how Dark Empire does not fall under this? "I don't like it." isn't good enough. You're not Leland Chee what you think is or isn't canon is irrelevant. You have no say in the matter.

Edited by Rhyltran

Sorry. Dark Empire is canon under the rules of canonicy. You can say it's not because you don't like it? But sorry. It's canon. Comics are canon. Or were canon. Exar Kun was stated by Luke Skywalker to be the greatest dark side nexus he's seen since Palpatine. Kun had no equal during his time frame and his spirit wrecked major havoc. During his timeline his feats were beyond impressive.

C-canon is Continuity Canon, consisting of all recent works (and many older works) released under the name of Star Wars: books, comics, games, cartoons, non-theatrical films, and more. Games are a special case, as generally only the stories are C-canon, while things like stats and gameplay may not be;[7] they also offer non-canonical options to the player, such as choosing female gender for a canonically male character. C-canon elements have been known to appear in the movies, thus making them G-canon; examples include the name "Coruscant," swoop bikes, Quinlan Vos, Aayla Secura, YT-2400 freighters and Action VI transports.

Care to tell me how Dark Empire does not fall under this? "I don't like it." isn't good enough. You're not Leland Chee what you think is or isn't canon is irrelevant. You have no say in the matter.

You have no idea how long we've been trying to explain this to him. You've basically said the exact same thing that we've been saying for a good while now.

Care to tell me how Dark Empire does not fall under this?

Episode 7 and Disney.

Regarding the movies characters,only what happened during the said movies and before them is canon,everything after Episode 6 ,including Dark Empire is null and void(fan fiction).Everything else(before Bane) is Legends.

Edited by Kaedusz

Episode 7.

Regarding the movies characters,only what happened during the said movies and before them is canon,everything after Episode 6 ,including Dark Empire is null and void(fan fiction).Everything else(before Bane) is Legends.

Uh. No. Post ROTJ is legends as well. Everything before is Legends. Both are legends. According to Disney SWTOR and the Bane novels are NOT canon. According to Disney the bane novels never happened. Zannah never happened. Exar Kun never happened. In short.. Exar Kun and the Dark Empire series is canon under the legends continuity.

You have no idea how long we've been trying to explain this to him. You've basically said the exact same thing that we've been saying for a good while now.

I see.

Edited by Rhyltran

Uh. No. Post ROTJ is legends as well. Everything before is Legends. Both are legends. According to Disney SWTOR and the Bane novels are NOT canon. According to Disney the bane novels never happened. Zannah never happened. Exar Kun never happened.

Everything before Bane has the benefit of not being replaced.Everything after episode 6 is replaced.Do the math.

Also a retconned Bane is also in Clone Wars.

Edited by Kaedusz

Everything before Bane has the benefit of not being replaced.Everything after episode 6 is replaced.Do the math.

Also a retconned Bane is also in Clone Wars.

Has the benefit of not being replaced except for the fact that Disney said all star wars material is Legends. Even before Bane is "Legends." in disney's eyes it isn't canon. Replaced or not it doesn't matter. Again, in terms of Legends continuity. Dark Empire is Canon. The new movies won't be legends. The new star wars novels aren't "Legends." the Tarkin novel isn't "Legends." Dark Empire is "Legends" this game is "Legends."

Replaced or not it doesn't matter.

Why?

There can't be two versions of something being truth.After episode 6, the truth is what happens in episode 7 and the next movies.

Meanwhile everything before Bane, has only 1 version,Legend or not-the previously existing EU.

Edited by Kaedusz

Why?

There can't be two versions of something being truth.After episode 6, the truth is what happens in episode 7 and the next movies.

Meanwhile everything before Bane, has only 1 version,Legend or not-the previously existing EU.

You don't understand the concept of alternate timelines, do you? Ever read any marvel/dc comics? There's multiple conflicting things that are all true. There's two different post ROTJ. There's the new movies and there's Legends. The new books about post ROTJ aren't going to be listed as legends.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Luke's list of 'dark side users I have met' pretty short at the time of Exar Kun screwing with his newly founded academy? And even if it was an impressive list it doesn't matter when comparing Kun to people Luke never met like Bane or Vitiate.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Luke's list of 'dark side users I have met' pretty short at the time of Exar Kun screwing with his newly founded academy? And even if it was an impressive list it doesn't matter when comparing Kun to people Luke never met like Bane or Vitiate.

Bane wouldn't matter. Bane was weaker than Zannah. Who was weaker than her apprentice. Who was weaker than her... etc to Palpatine. That was the whole point of rule of two. There was several dark side users luke met at that point. However, he made it clear that Kun "Almost" felt as strong as Palpatine. That.. matters.

Edited by Rhyltran

Bane wouldn't matter. Bane was weaker than Zannah. Who was weaker than her apprentice. Who was weaker than her... etc to Palpatine.

BS, that may have been what Bane was going for but it is pretty obvious that it is totally possible for a weaker apprentice to supplant his stronger master by getting lucky and/or getting in a cheap shot. That is, in fact, how Palpatine killed his master going by the movie itself (killed him in his sleep). And going by the novel with his name that is also how Plagueis killed his master, he blind sided him while he was busy trying to protect the two of them from a cave in Plagueis had no part in causing. As far as we see Bane's attempt to make sure that each generation of sith was stronger then the last instead of weakening because impatient apprentices managed to gank their technically superior masters was a total failure.

BS, that may have been what Bane was going for but it is pretty obvious that it is totally possible for a weaker apprentice to supplant his stronger master by getting lucky and/or getting in a cheap shot. That is, in fact, how Palpatine killed his master going by the movie itself (killed him in his sleep). And going by the novel with his name that is also how Plagueis killed his master, he blind sided him while he was busy trying to protect the two of them from a cave in Plagueis had no part in causing. As far as we see Bane's attempt to make sure that each generation of sith was stronger then the last instead of weakening because impatient apprentices managed to gank their technically superior masters was a total failure.

Palpatine was confirmed to be more powerful than his master. Regardless that he killed him in his sleep. According to the encyclopedia he killed him in his sleep after learning everything he had to teach. He probably feared that he might be injured/crippled/maimed if they had an actual dual but yeah.

His shriveled up ******* face says otherwise, he was incapable of using his masters technique of manipulating magical bacteria to do his bidding and do things like start reversing the aging process and heal old wounds.

That doesn't effect his power at his fingertips. Not to mention if we go by legends canonicity he instead used his master's technique in order to keep Vader alive. He also used it to create clones of himself, hollow them out spiritually, and use them that way to make essence transfer easy. Not to mention his shriveled up appearance came from his use of the dark side. He was draining the entire population of byss to strengthen/empower himself. He was also said in the encyclopedia and other sources to have essentially been the dark side incarnate by that point.

George Lucas himself stated that Palpatine is the most powerful Sith. So do many other sources.

Edited by Rhyltran