Chronological Storyline

Grazzt

Hey everyone !

I'm a returning player, got a few max level characters but I'm creating a new one to re-expericence the whole game from scratch !

With all the new content, expansions, flashpoints and everything that have been released, is there a list of a chronological storyline that would tell me what to do in the correct order so I don't miss anything ?

I've looked in this forum, seen a few posts like that but they were quite old so I guess they are missing on some of the new content.

Any help and advice would be really appreciated, thanks !

Not sure if you saw this one from Charles yet.

Hey folks!

Apologies for not getting in here sooner. Before we delve into the topic, I think it's important to reiterate what some of y'all have already pointed out - Star Wars is rarely if ever specific about the passage of time. In many cases, stories don't even mention it, and even if they do, it's generally very vague. As a result, it's pretty common for timelines to be assigned retroactively in later reference material, rather than the stories themselves.

All that being said, the passion that roleplayers, fan artists, and writers bring to SWTOR is one of the coolest things about this project, and timelines are super helpful in weaving your own works through the greater narrative. So, while we'll never get super specific on time, we can certainly work out the current in-game year, and at least put things in a relative order and proximity to each other time-wise.

But before we do that! Two up-front caveats:

1. Remembering dates never went well for me in history class. Plus, working on the game so long, I have every different version of everything we ever considered somewhere in my head, so I'm very much capable of error ;)

2. Everywhere I look online, I see "the Battle of Ilum/end of class story chapter 3s from launch" listed as being 12 ATC/3641 BBY. This appears to me to conflict with the official SWTOR Encyclopedia, which places the resumption of war (and thus, the beginning of class chapter 3s) in 13 ATC/ 3640 BBY. I'm going to go with the Encyclopedia date below, but feel free to let me know if there is another source somewhere in-game or elsewhere that specifies the 12 ATC date for Ilum and causes this apparent conflict.

With the above in mind, I would say Onslaught takes place near the end of 26 ATC/3627 BBY. Here's how I get to that number:

• Class stories begin in 10 ATC. Given the Ilum date from the encyclopedia combined with the generally acknowledged "class stories collectively occur over the course of about 3 years", I'm going to say that SWTOR begins near the end of 10 ATC, and that the battle of Ilum occurs near the end of 13 ATC.

• I like to have the in-game years roughly match IRL years, as it makes keeping track much simpler, and is generally (though not always) in keeping with the intent of the content flow as written. So if Ilum is near the end of 13 ATC, that lines up nicely with the launch of SWTOR being near the end of 2011 IRL.

Following these premises, we get the general flow of events and years I've outlined below. Note that I consider this a rough draft for a more official release for the future, so stuff might change or get a bit more detail later. But for now, I’m interested in hearing your thoughts so far and in giving everyone something tentative to work from until that more “official” piece can be hashed out and the correct venue for it identified (In-game somehow? On our website? Picture of me looking crazy in front of a crazy dry-erase board drawing of it all?) In any event, I think a visual representation will certainly be preferable down the road :)

Here we go!

• Battle of Ilum/Conclusion of Class Storylines occurs by the end of 13 ATC/3640 BBY.

• Black Hole, Terror from Beyond, Section X, and everything else released in 2012 IRL occurs in 14 ATC/3639 BBY

• Rise of the Hutt Cartel occurs in early/mid 15 ATC/3638 BBY, and Oricon in the latter half of that year. (2013 IRL)

• Tython/Korriban invasion in early/mid 16 ATC/3637 BBY, and Shadow of Revan near the the end of that year. (2014 IRL)

• Ziost is early/middle 17 ATC/3636 BBY, followed within a few months by the events of Sacrifice and the first chapter of KotFE. (2015 IRL, part one)

• Carbonite nap from middle/end of 17 ATC/3636 BBY until late 22 ATC/3631 BBY. (2015 IRL, part 2)

• The events of KotFE chapter 9 and first wave of Alliance Alerts take us into the beginning of 23 ATC/3630 BBY, followed by the rest of KotFE and KOTET by the middle/end of that year. (2015 IRL part 3, 2016 IRL)

• The battle for Iokath is in the first half of 24 ATC/3629 BBY, while Umbara and Copero occur in the latter half of that year. (2017 IRL)

• The Nathema Conspiracy is wrapped up in early 25 ATC/3628 BBY, with the attack on Ossus occurring near the end of that year and kicking off the renewed war between Republic and Sith Empire.

• Hearts and Minds follows a few months later, in early/mid 26 ATC/3627 BBY, with Onslaught in the latter half of the same year.

• Task at Hand is at the very beginning of 27 ATC/3626 BBY. Although our next story release will be following it by several months IRL, it will be intended to occur within a couple of weeks of Task at Hand; more of a shift than I would normally like, but real life has intervened as we all know :(

Hope this is helpful! And again, let me know if y'all find any specific callouts for years that I'm missing, particularly around that end of class stories/Battle of Ilum timeframe.