Please fix the Esseles / Black Talon ending crash already

So there I was on my level 55 Sith Inquisitor, working on reducing the size of my quest log. I thought I'd do the Black Talon flashpoint that had been sitting there forever. Besides getting it out of my quest log, I also wanted to see what it was like. I breeze through the flashpoint as can be expected. At the end I decide to go to Korriban and look for the HK-51 component. Just as the ship is jumping to hyperspace, boom! Crash! I've encountered the same in the Esseles flashpoint, but (1) it's been a while since I did that so I forgot about it and (2) I didn't know the exact point on Black Talon where I need to alt-tab to avoid the crash.

The crash naturally robbed me of the mission completion. I decided to just delete it since I had already seen the flashpoint. It also gave me a good scare, as when I logged back in, all I got was a bright pink blob on the character selection screen. I found the quit button and restarted the game. Same thing. I then managed to find the play button by the first character, but the blob persisted ingame. Fearing I might need to spend half a day reinstalling, I tried rebooting Windows. That fortunately fixed it and I was able to get back to playing.

Seriously, this bug has been around for what, a year now? It isn't even listed in the known issues. If you can't figure out how to make the hyperspace sequence not crash, just remove the damn thing. Altering the visuals has to be better than having your game look buggy and unstable. After all, no one is going to see the current visuals due to the crash.

It's been happening for so many months I don't remember when I didn't have the crash, tbh. I'm farming BT for the achievements, so that's especially annoying. The ultimate achievement is to run it 50 times ... meaning you're gonna crash 50 times lol

Just alt tab and minimize and deal with it, bug has been around since 1.4

Hmm, why shouldn't BW fix it?! Why do the user have run around the system instead of it being fixed?! It has known since 1.4, that is a year ago, why should not be fixed by now?!

I quit doing daily hm fp due to this. I used to do them 1-3 times pr day before they broke bt and tf. It was one of the things that almost made me quit the game. Eventually it led to me losing my officer status due to lack of motivation, which led me to leave my guild.

I'm not a developer, but not having fixed this yet, is pathetic. There has been countless threads about it, often with dev response telling the users to update various things, but we all know it's the game, not us. I cant remember exactly what patch it was, but i think it was in november. Something in my head is saying 1.6.2. Not too long before christmas atleast.

I've tried to get several of my friends to play this game. But the first thing they face is a ****** engine with crashes that has been around for over half a year. Why would anyone want to play that garbage?

Wow you must all have terrible luck then cause I have never seen this crash your talking about....

I haven't crashed myself, but at least 50% of my black Talon/esseles pugs tend to end up with at least one person crushing on that particular section (some crash during conversation right before it). it happens consistently enough for me to think that its not luck :/

the only reason that I can think of why it hasn't been fixed yet is that they haven't figured out what's causing it exactly.

Its okay! They want you to run this quite a few times to get the achievement and crashing at the end increases your achievement points. I have done this yesterday 5 times to get closer to the achievement and I crashed every time. With alt+tab on hyperspace tab, with cake on my table, with my mouse on may lap, etc. Bug has been around for almost 1 year and it seems they do not have the know how to fix it.

the only reason that I can think of why it hasn't been fixed yet is that they haven't figured out what's causing it exactly.

That's hardly an excuse. While it may be unknown what about that particular cinematic causes a crash, it IS known that the crash always happens during it. They could replace it with a different cinematic or remove it altogether until they can figure out the reason.

The alt-tab/minimize workaround only works if you're in Windowed mode. That means Windowed not full-screen (windowed). If you switch your graphics settings to windowed so you see a toolbar at the top and then minimize it should work.

I absolutely hate doing those two missions because of the crashing problem. The worst part is in SM if I'm with my buddy, we both crash. I end up back at the starting point and the game acts like I never did the flashpoint.

The only time I actually get to credit for completing it if I'm in a random group and someone made it through. I rarely get to Coruscant/Drommand Kaas without crashing. Hard Mode or Story Mode. It matters not, I crash to desktop every damn time!:mad:

The alt-tab/minimize workaround only works if you're in Windowed mode. That means Windowed not full-screen (windowed). If you switch your graphics settings to windowed so you see a toolbar at the top and then minimize it should work.

When about to start last convo >>>>> Alt+Enter, minimize >>>> listen for the hyperdrive sound to go and come out >>> Alt tab and the mission is done because fleet is loading...

I have been doing that with esseles/blacktalon and foundry since like 1.6.

I think the interesting part is that it only affects some people. I think people also crash at the beginning of the Foundry or the end of Boarding Party, I can't remember, maybe both. If it is tied to going into hyperspace though (which seems to be the case), I wonder why it doesn't affect players on their ships.

• 2 weeks later...
After selecting the destination I was crashing every time, I avoided it by tapping spacebar as soon as I made the selection. This seems to skip the bug (for me at least). Edited by Faudron

• 1 month later...

This is still a problem...

Solution, TAKE OUT THE CUTSCENE & GO STRAIGHT TO LOADING DESTINATION.

Seriously...why has nothing been done even as a stopgap? This happens to me (though I alt-tab away) and half the time with pugs someone drops during this as well. It's not even listed in the known bugs list. Considering the number of other missing transition cutscenes I don't think anyone will care if you just take it out.

If I do the random daily 50 and Black Talon pops up I just don't enter the instance and leave the group wait the 15 minute cool down and requeue. They really need to fix the cut screen disconnecting, I have the same problem with the foundry every once and a while. Hopefully the Flashpoints will get some love soon. Edited by MJayMo