1.2 Sound *argh my ears*

Dirtyshadow

Unless I missed something in the patch notes... can the Developers please tell me what you did to the sound effects / sound codecs for the game.

From my computer it sounds like the Surround Sound is completely broken....

Constant Jet engine noises in Station base.

Companions sounding too far away, then too close, then too far away again.

Space Combat is defeaning with Auto-Cannon noises.

Sound effects are cutting in and out.

P.S. After a closer listen, it seems that the sounds are playing at wrong locations, and duplicate sound effects are not overlapping.

a) Companion voices is coming from the nearest companion of that type... ie if someone else has Khem Val out, its coming from that Khem Val.

b) The sound effects are cutting out, cause someone else is causing that same sound. (ie if I do a flamethrower... then someone else starts theirs. Mine cuts out, and theirs plays)

What did you do ?

What options in game undo it ?

What options out of game (ie sound drivers - Asus Xonar) undo it ?

Edited by Dirtyshadow

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this problems exceptionally in BG's where i nearly lost all the FIGHT SOUNDS. THe game is more laggy in BIG Fights, too. I am very angry because I hoped that the overall perfomance in Swotor will be better with 1.2. But now its more laggy then ever. I will quit this game because iam a PVP player and a game that doesn't run fluid on a good PC isn't worth to play anymore.

Having the same issue. Fading in and out during space missions really painful. Switched my system sound to stereo desktop but no help.

Soundblaster XiFi Xtreme Gamer

Windows XP

Duocore 2.3 GHZ

4GB RAM

GTS 450

All drivers, system up to date

That background noise bothered me quite a bit the whole night. Then I went into

preferences/sound and turn ambient sound down to 10% and I am much happier.

1.2 is a job well done overall BW, so far except this ambient sound issue, please fix it, for those who don't know to turn ambient sound way down, it is going to be a noisy place in game.

Companions talking through thier helmets, annoying as cant hear them as we/ll :(

Lets have a hide companion helm feature and get them back to talking normal and looking normal to, not all want to see helms on the characters.

For what its worth, I have had sounds cutting off since beta. Some tunes seem to start for 5 secs and then stop .. silence. Other sounds seem intermittent too.

Seems like others are now experiencing this too!

I am running game through 2.1 on a onboard Realtek s/c (ASUS M/B). Only game I have issues with though...

From previous posts it seems its happening on most if not all sound cards now...

Im also having sound issues. entire convos not working (lips not even moving) can hear the sounds of my footsteps but not the sound of my lightsaber activating (can hear the hum) cracking sounds on navarre coast when i do get the announcers voice (happens rarely) other sound issues like alderaan cannons sound odd (though no one else in my guild seems to have the issue. and the jet noise in carrick station.

*edit* if i play with the volume settings it seems to work fine for a moment then reverts back to the above.

Edited by Paitryn

i actually like the new sound effect between the powered/shielded shots from spaceships.

before, i made mistakes sometimes that shooting NPC when I was in shield powere mode.

however, the mount engine sounds are just awful. Its a pain in the *** when im doing stuff while on a mount.

Iv'e never seen sound

Neither have I, but some of the issues (the sound non-overlappig especially) are indeed annoying. The jet engine sound comes from speeders, I assume, but it's probably not coming from the right location, i.e. - the speeders themselves. It seems to be omnipresent.

I wouldn't say this is too much of a problem, though.

Thats what noise pollution is... it pollutes your ear drums and its annoying. You think engine noise is suppose to sound like a sweet harmonica? Maybe on a dainty faction, but not on a faction with real horse power!

Well done Bw.

10/10 for realism

But... please bring it back to something we can handle.

Gees Ive been messing with my sound drivers, headset, and ingame sound all evening... I thought my companions were trying to tell me summing cos they sounded so far away.. like in another themepark somewhere else :D

But yes something is definately amiss with the sounds BW...

Some of my guild mates said they had this issue. I personally don't have any issues, and I am enjoying this patch.

Weakest class in game (Sith assassin) got no bost its just patchetic... while other classes that already had adventage got a lot of usefull updates its some kind of fakin joke right?? I was waiting for this patch to watch if i will play and pay my next subscription but the faked up so im RAGE QUITTING^^ cya GOOD GAME with bad developers :*

Main reason I'm posting is on this thread...Everyone I've played with has no real issue with this class. I often get roflstomped by them (Shadows too) if I'm not careful in WZs. Reroll?

Yeah sound volumes seem to be all over the place. Had to turn down ambient sounds when I was on the republic fleet, but when I switched to imp side it was fine at full as usual. Voices were up and down with no rhyme or reason.

Nothing special hardwarewise, just standard built in to mobo realtek chipset sound...