The Bounty Hunter On Taris (Possible Spoilers)

Morthion

Cadera: I challenge you to the rite of Wha'tani'diot.

BH: What's that?

Cadera: It's an old Mandalorian tradition wherein one party gets a Sniper Rifle and the other party stands around in wide open spaces like a *********** moron.

BH: Sounds good!

Cadera: I challenge you to the rite of Wha'tani'diot.

BH: What's that?

Cadera: It's an old Mandalorian tradition wherein one party gets a Sniper Rifle and the other party stands around in wide open spaces like a *********** moron.

BH: Sounds good!

LMAO ! The rite of "Wha'tani'diot" ! Good one! :D:D:D

But you are right, it is a bit weird but you have to do it because you're now a Mando

Haha, yep the bounty hunter story is pretty goofy. It's cringingly bad sometimes.

I have thoughts on this subject, hope you don't mind me venting a little. I've been playing through it the last couple days now (I played it only once before a long time ago) and I'm trying my darndest to find things about it I like. The list of cons is long.

The hunty hunter hunt huntygreathunt nonsense is so bad it's hard to get through. I can't for the life of me care about this hunt thing. Mako is contentious and snotty, except when she's practically worshiping me and it's so random that I don't care anymore what she thinks of me or what my relationship with her is. My own character is so lacking in charisma that I don't even like myself, and that's really saying something! Grey Delisle is criminally miscast in this role of humorless stick in the mud. And I don't want to be a mandalorian. I don't care about it. There I said it.

As for pros.. there are some really great, morally challenging moments in this story, maybe more than any of the others. When you hear stories of a father who wants to kill his own child and why, when you have people begging for their lives, trying to convince you of why they should live.. I dunno those are pretty powerful. I've been playing this bh straight dark just to see it, and damn have I done some sad and wicked things. Every job she gets is a life - someone who desperately wants to live and whoever wrote this story did a good job of making her job really hard.

So, it's definitely one of the weaker stories in the game but I have to give it credit for the things it did very well.

Haha, yep the bounty hunter story is pretty goofy. It's cringingly bad sometimes.

No matter how goofy it gets, it can't ever top how goofy the Consular story gets right around Quesh:

Quesh:

Consular: Your daughter clearly has force sensitivity and is prone to emotional outbursts. Without training, she could end up a psychopathic, sadistic killer like those you've seen.

Grell: I'd rather she not be trained.

Consular: Why not?

Grell: No real reason.

Consular: Hmmmm . . . okay!

Hoth:

Consular: So, they say this pirate can't die, no matter how many times they think they've killed him. Well, let's just leave the corpse fully intact here in the ice instead of beheading it or dragging it back to base to be put under observation.

(After contact from the pirate)

Consular: Well, it looks like he can indeed revive himself from the dead. You know, this puts me in mind of the legend of Darth Sion, who due to the nature of the Dark Side within him was condemned to revive over and over again, knowing nothing but pain and misery. Perhaps this pirate has somehow tapped into that portion of the Force, and through helping him understand what is happening, I can bring the cycle to a close--

Imperial Tech: Actually, it's just a suit of powered armor. The key to beating him is to just kill him over and over and over again . . . a lot.

Consular: That's the Jedi way!

Chapter Three:

Consular: My goodness. People across the Republic can be devoted to the Dark Side without us sensing anything about it. This calls to mind the story of Darth Traya, and how she was able to hide her nature. Investigating this mystery could broaden our understanding of the Force and perhaps the nature of what it means to be a Jedi--

Council: Screw that. Go gather an army. Just like what the Trooper is doing. You know, the guy with the blaster rifle. This is what you signed up for when you signed up for the class that can be a Sage.

Consular: Right-o!

Belsavis:

Consular: Let's free the splinter group of Esh-ka that have demonstrated they not only can't stand against what the Rakata were, but can't even beat their more psychopathic kindred! *That* should give us the edge against the Empire!

Voss:

Consular: Here is a planet full of wisdom and the mysteries of the force. Perhaps studying here will give me the insight to discern the nature of these Children of the Emperor and how they are hiding from our senses.

Potential Mystic: Screw that. Walk me around the planet. Then leave for Corellia so you can beat up the Empire with your lightsaber.

Consular: Sounds good.

Corellia:

Sio: Sio isn't here any more.

Consular: I'm sure I can bring Sio back if I just stick my lightsaber in you enough.

Jedi Everywhere: Hooray!

Nadia: I know we've only been talking for the last couple of planets, but let's make out.

Jedi: Now, *this* is the Force!

The goofiest class story is Sith Warrior: half of it you are Kylo Ren-ing , attempting to convert Rey ( Jaesa) to the Dark Side.

Then Darth Fat'old'dude : Baras is by far the most funny Sith ( remember him screaming when he couldn't break the SiS agent? ) :D:D:D

And don't get me started on Cellvanta Grathan & her headdress ( it got to be the ugliest piece of fashion in the entire Galaxy & Star Wars lore, if you ignore Snoke's golden pajamas) ..

Class story : basically you do whatever you're told too ( because you're such a good boy) but in the end you are discarded like a broken toy,betrayed,blown up with explosives, saved by two pureblood dudes and so on. And for what? Because your master has another favorite, some inept dude that needed rescuing from Vengean's torture chamber. Sorry, but this doesn't make any sense.

Ah, and the Sel-Makor part, which i still don't understand. Some mythical Vossian boogeyman is strong enough to keep the mighty Sith Emperor as a prisoner ( again, someone needed to be rescued by Lord Some'nobody'sith'guy..) but cannot prevent his own destruction when you kill the Voss body of the Emperor. Why? Because is Star Wars.

Edited by bluehufsa

The SW doesn't seem goofy to me at all:

Darth Baras has as his ultimate goal pulling a con job on the entire Empire. The last thing he wants as he starts his end game is an apprentice who's clearly more powerful than he is. Therefore, he attempts to kill the stronger apprentice and keeps the one around that he doesn't have to worry about. That seems fairly solid.

And headgear -- almost all the headgear -- in this game qualifies for its own separate category of "goofy."

Edited by Morthion

The SW doesn't seem goofy to me at all:

Darth Baras has as his ultimate goal pulling a con job on the entire Empire. The last thing he wants as he starts his end game is an apprentice who's clearly more powerful than he is. Therefore, he attempts to kill the stronger apprentice and keeps the one around that he doesn't have to worry about. That seems fairly solid.

And headgear -- almost all the headgear -- in this game qualifies for its own separate category of "goofy."

Freedon Nadd's headgear is a special kind of ugly, epic ugly! :D:D:D

Though, regarding the SW, there is the problem that all of Ch 2 has you getting ready to start the war with the Republic, while the planet storyline of Taris has you participating in a massive military operation against several civilian populations on a Republic-owned world, including executing leaders on a live broadcast, which . . . sounds like the sort of thing that would start a war. Edited by Morthion

The goofiest class story is Sith Warrior: half of it you are Kylo Ren-ing , attempting to convert Rey ( Jaesa) to the Dark Side.

Then Darth Fat'old'dude : Baras is by far the most funny Sith ( remember him screaming when he couldn't break the SiS agent? ) :D:D:D

I always figured Baras never slept because of how paranoid he always acted. Wouldn't surprise me if that turned out to be true.