Emperor's Wrath???

ForceMasterer

Some spoilers below:

Ever since the Emperor went crazy, I feel like the Sith Warrior story line has been getting a bit dull. I mean, you went from one of the most respected and influential people in the Empire to basically just another powerful Sith. You were once the striking hand of the most powerful Sith in existence. Now you are just some guy who kills people. I mean the Jedi Guardian gets an increasingly prestigious position as story goes on, and the same is true for every other class. In all my other lvl 60 classes I feel like my toon actually matters to their faction. However, with the SW I feel like he's just there for the ride. I really hope that in the new expansion we can rebuild the Sith Empire, so that the SW can actually have a respectable title again.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of Yavin, Marr says you are now the Empire's Wrath, you get a title as well. So I'd say you're back to your prominent position in the Empire at that point, maybe even more so than when you were just the Emperor's Wrath.

Trouble is, We become the Empire's Wrath after SOR, So then we have Ziost, One planet which is pretty short and providing there's no content like Ziost before the expansion, We're getting frozen and the Empire is all but destroyed and there's not much to be "The Empire's Wrath" for. So really I understand where he's coming from, I loved being the Emperors Wrath, It felt unique and like a really powerful figure. Now it just seems like going from being the CEO of a major company, to a comfy little easy office job in the company. Weird analogy I know :D.

You're "just" a Lord powerful enough to throw down with the Dark Council and speak to them as equals. Would not be surprised if the Warrior joins a reformed Dark Council in the expansion, given that the main thing holding them back from a seat at present is their complete lack of a power base.

Trouble is, We become the Empire's Wrath after SOR, So then we have Ziost, One planet which is pretty short and providing there's no content like Ziost before the expansion, We're getting frozen and the Empire is all but destroyed and there's not much to be "The Empire's Wrath" for. So really I understand where he's coming from, I loved being the Emperors Wrath, It felt unique and like a really powerful figure. Now it just seems like going from being the CEO of a major company, to a comfy little easy office job in the company. Weird analogy I know :D.

Exactly! I feel like the SW went from a unique and unmatched position in the Empire to just some errand boy for Marr. Now the empire is collapsing, and it feels like the SW hasn't actually done anything. He hasn't stopped the emperor, he hasn't really moved up in the ranks, and he hasn't come close to destroying the Republic (which I'd be fine with as long as he actually mattered to the Sith).

You're "just" a Lord powerful enough to throw down with the Dark Council and speak to them as equals. Would not be surprised if the Warrior joins a reformed Dark Council in the expansion, given that the main thing holding them back from a seat at present is their complete lack of a power base.

Power bases are for people who lack personal power :p

Exactly! I feel like the SW went from a unique and unmatched position in the Empire to just some errand boy for Marr. Now the empire is collapsing, and it feels like the SW hasn't actually done anything. He hasn't stopped the emperor, he hasn't really moved up in the ranks, and he hasn't come close to destroying the Republic (which I'd be fine with as long as he actually mattered to the Sith).

You are looking at this from a wrong viewpoint. You are thinking that the title makes the character( I hazard a guess that you would be from US? ;) ), while in Sith hierarchy its the other way around.

The warrior remains at all times the most powerful warrior in the Empire, and Marr, like a true manipulator, simply tries to keep SW at bay (to prevent SW from changing sides or doing something equally drastic) by appeasing to his/her sense of entitlement and patriotism by giving the title and showering him/her with praise. This does not make SW weak or outdated. For a true Sith, titles mean nothing. They are merely a byproduct of power.

The warrior remains at all times the most powerful warrior in the Empire, and Marr, like a true manipulator, simply tries to keep SW at bay (to prevent SW from changing sides or doing something equally drastic) by appeasing to his/her sense of entitlement and patriotism by giving the title and showering him/her with praise. This does not make SW weak or outdated. For a true Sith, titles mean nothing. They are merely a byproduct of power.

Not exactly what I meant. While the SW is one of the most powerful Sith, even more powerful than Marr most likely, he's still some lackey. The SW doesn't call any shots or make any decisions, he's just a slave to Marr's will. At least when you served the Emperor, you were in a position of actual power. You had the authority of the Emperor behind you, and you could do whatever you wanted. While the SW isn't weak in terms of strength, he's weak in terms of power. Look at Baras. He was very weak in terms of strength, but do to his cunning and position in the Empire he had immense power.

That's because the SW is a thug, to have their strings pulled by people like Marr and Nox

Harsh D:

I just RP my Wrath and Imperius as considering each other brothers. Imperius does the fancy scheming and plays politics because he loves it and the Wrath occasionally drops by and is like "So this one Sith Lord that has been irritating you just insisted on getting killed by me. Funny how that went." "You always know how to cheer me up, brother."

Lessens the blow of the "....Why don't I get a fancy powerbase to back me :C" problem the SW has with Vitiate now rejected by the Empire (though he's still technically dependant on someone else, just someone close enough to him that they mostly want the same things anyway).

(Though in way, doesn't Vowrawn and his powerbase kind of back the Wrath? I haven't done more than finishing Forged Alliances on mine, but from what I hear he risks a lot to warn you about the Hand spying on you, so he seems quite fond of you even after you've dealt with Baras.

....For that matter, always thought it was funny that a big deal is made out of the SW needing Vowrawn to usher you into the DC chamber because the DC does not like people barging into their meetings, and the SI does just that, snarks at one of them, then beats him up and makes him kneel and is promptly handed the newly empty seat.)

Not exactly what I meant. While the SW is one of the most powerful Sith, even more powerful than Marr most likely, he's still some lackey. The SW doesn't call any shots or make any decisions, he's just a slave to Marr's will.

Going along with it != slave to his will.

That was my point exactly in my previous post and you seemed to miss it. Just because SW agrees with Marr for the time being (because its nice for someone else to do the actual work orchestrating the empire) doesn't make SW a lackey, nor does it mean SW can't change his/her mind later. I would call SW lazy rather than a lackey :)

In my eyes the Wrath is a 'prime mover' kind of character. Things revolve around him/her, others include him/her in their plans, because he/she is impossible to ignore and would represent a wild card if left unchecked. Some try to kill him/her off and fail. Marr tries to manipulate the SW since its the only option really.

Edited by Karkais

....For that matter, always thought it was funny that a big deal is made out of the SW needing Vowrawn to usher you into the DC chamber because the DC does not like people barging into their meetings, and the SI does just that, snarks at one of them, then beats him up and makes him kneel and is promptly handed the newly empty seat.)

The Dark Council is pretty mad at the SI for doing that - until it becomes clear Thanaton fled from a duel and is trying to get help. Then they're all like "Thanaton you had better deal with this yourself right now to prove that Inquisitor is lying about you."

-

Also re the Wrath doing Marr's bidding - the Wrath is a kid. He can't be older than early 20s when the story starts. Marr has literally been involved in running the Empire longer than the Wrath has been alive.

Edited by Canareth

My Wrath is a light side 5 bunny hugger. She does everything she can to show she's powerful but not so insane and stupid that she kills everyone who breathes funny near her.

When she found that Vitiate had invisible droids watching every thing she did, including probably intimate moments with her husband, Quinn. She felt betrayed and violated. Sure she wasn't dark side evil killing machine, but she helped Vitiate during her story and was respectful. When she found that Vitiate was toying with her after she kicked Revan's ***, she felt betrayed once more, for feeling as though she was nothing more than some unintelligent puppet.

So when Marr asked how my Warrior felt, she told him the truth, that she was feeling down and wasn't sure what she'd do now. (I'm paraphrasing cause even through three run throughs on three different warriors, I can't remember EVERYTHING). When he gave her the title of The EMPIRE's Wrath, and told her it'd be like nothing happened more or less, she took it to mean that she still had some respect like she had before.

Sure, she's not the EMPEROR's Wrath anymore, but she's now the Empire's and right now she's needed more than she ever was.

Also re the Wrath doing Marr's bidding - the Wrath is a kid. He can't be older than early 20s when the story starts. Marr has literally been involved in running the Empire longer than the Wrath has been alive.

My warrior by the time SoR rolls around is about 22-23. In chapter 1, on newbie world Korriban, she was only 18. Hell she met Quinn on Balmorra when she was 18 and he was 37.

My warrior by the time SoR rolls around is about 22-23. In chapter 1, on newbie world Korriban, she was only 18. Hell she met Quinn on Balmorra when she was 18 and he was 37.

Wouldn't she actually be ~21 then by the time SoR rolls around? I was under the impression that the events in the game take place from 3643-3640BBY, at least if Wookiepedia is right (and I don't have all the supplemental material so I can't check that myself...)

Which is... kinda creepy if you romance Quinn. One reason why my fem Warrior is mid twenties, I'd rather throw out the "you're oh so young" bit than have Quinn be romantically involved with a teenager/someone barely out of their teens.

(I think most of the male LIs are pretty creepy when put with a PC younger than 20 during the prologue tbqh, with the exception of Corso and Torian since for some reason they decided to make the BH's LIs teenagers themselves and Corso is barely over 20 himself iirc :/)

The Dark Council is pretty mad at the SI for doing that - until it becomes clear Thanaton fled from a duel and is trying to get help. Then they're all like "Thanaton you had better deal with this yourself right now to prove that Inquisitor is lying about you."

-

I actually only remember Ravage yelling at Thanaton (and later whining about making a Lord a council member), but yeah, that might very well be because they're too busy being mad with Thanaton to get riled up by the SI barging in.

I feel the same way.. As of right now most of the other classes feel like they are becoming more powerful and influential while the Sith Warrior just feels like a glorified brute. I really hope the next expansion allows SW to start a building a powerbase (sith, imperial, republic, jedi, droid) anything really or at least be given a more powerful position in whatever is left of the Empire.

I'd like to see Marr meet his doom (in a cool way, if he is not already dead) and SW take over his position on the Dark Council.

Wouldn't she actually be ~21 then by the time SoR rolls around? I was under the impression that the events in the game take place from 3643-3640BBY, at least if Wookiepedia is right (and I don't have all the supplemental material so I can't check that myself...)

Which is... kinda creepy if you romance Quinn. One reason why my fem Warrior is mid twenties, I'd rather throw out the "you're oh so young" bit than have Quinn be romantically involved with a teenager/someone barely out of their teens.

(I think most of the male LIs are pretty creepy when put with a PC younger than 20 during the prologue tbqh, with the exception of Corso and Torian since for some reason they decided to make the BH's LIs teenagers themselves and Corso is barely over 20 himself iirc :/)

Well, I suppose it depends if Chapter 3, Makeb, SoR and Ziost all happened within say one year...that's alot happening. Not sure why they'd think chap 3 to ziost is one year. I like to personally see each chapter (which we're on chapter 5's interlude atm) as one year each. I know some say more some say less, but makes it easier for me in terms of rping and keeping facts straight.

As to everyone's age? Well, let's see: (these are MY toons) (Under spoilers cause it's long)

Sith Warrior is 18 on Korriban, 18 when she meets Quinn. About 19-20 when she marries Quinn and about 21-22 when she has their daughter.

Sith Inquisitor is 17 on Korriban (and also my SW's youngest sister out of 4 siblings total), she's about 18 when she meets Andronikos, who's I think 35 or 39, one of those. She's about 18-19 when she marries Andronikos and about 20-21 when she has their daughter.

Bounty Hunter is 17 on Hutta. She's 18-19 when she meets Torian and about 19-20 when she marries Torian. She's about 20-21 when she has their daughter (She's also my SW's sister. SW is SECOND oldest)

Trooper is 18 when she's on Ord Mantel, 18 when she meets Jorgan, who's 29 or 30 when she meets him. She is about 20 when she marries him. She's about 22 when she has their oldest daughter and about 24 when she has their youngest daughter (yay playable Cathar) She's also my SW's sister. Younger than BH.

Agent is 21 on Hutta. About 22 when she meets Vector. About 23-24 when she marries Vector. And about 24-25 when she has their daughter. (She's a Chiss, adopted into the human family. She is also the oldest of the sisters. Being older than SW)

Jedi Knight is 18 on Tython. She's about 19-20 when she meets Doc who's 29/30. And she's about 21 when she marries Doc, 22 when she has oldest daughter and 23 when she has their fraternal twin daughters) She is my Agent's daughter.

Consular is 17 on Tython. 17 when she meets Tharan C. 18 when she sleeps with and has a kid with Tharan. She's about 20 when she sleeps with and has a kid with Iresso. She is BH's daughter.

Smuggler is 18 on Ord Mantel (father bought her her ship). She's 18 when she meets Corso, about 20 when she marries him. About 22 when she has oldest daughter and about 23 when she has youngest. She is my SW's daughter.

So I have all my toons being below 20, cept for one, and their husbands/boyfriend being almost one-two decades older. It isn't creeper to me cause I personally prefer older men, not anciently older, but older.

PS Torian is 19 on Taris and Corso is 22 on Ord Mantel.

Well, I suppose it depends if Chapter 3, Makeb, SoR and Ziost all happened within say one year...that's alot happening. Not sure why they'd think chap 3 to ziost is one year. I like to personally see each chapter (which we're on chapter 5's interlude atm) as one year each. I know some say more some say less, but makes it easier for me in terms of rping and keeping facts straight.

According to Wookieepedia; only Rise of the Hutt Cartel, the defeat of the Dread Masters, Shadow of Revan, and I would assume Ziost take place in 3640. I could see all that happening inside of a year.

According to Wookieepedia; only Rise of the Hutt Cartel, the defeat of the Dread Masters, Shadow of Revan, and I would assume Ziost take place in 3640. I could see all that happening inside of a year.

Yeah, that's what I read to. I imagine the Makeb crisis doesn't take longer than a few days considering the constant pressure you're under to be quick and Ziost doesn't seem to take up much time either. SoR+Forged Alliances would be the longest, but I think it could all fit into one year if Makeb is relatively early and Ziost relatively late in the year.

Also.... wow. I thought mine were a bit young D: I wouldn't so much as kiss anyone under 20 cause it'd feel creepy and I'm only 22...

Some spoilers below:

Ever since the Emperor went crazy, I feel like the Sith Warrior story line has been getting a bit dull. I mean, you went from one of the most respected and influential people in the Empire to basically just another powerful Sith. You were once the striking hand of the most powerful Sith in existence. Now you are just some guy who kills people. I mean the Jedi Guardian gets an increasingly prestigious position as story goes on, and the same is true for every other class. In all my other lvl 60 classes I feel like my toon actually matters to their faction. However, with the SW I feel like he's just there for the ride. I really hope that in the new expansion we can rebuild the Sith Empire, so that the SW can actually have a respectable title again.

I don't care about titles, I care about power. The Sith warrior exudes an aura of power. He/she an unstoppable wrecking ball. Vitiate's betrayal just makes things more interesting. Now it is personal, and more motivation to have the warrior as a frontrunner in Kotfe. There is no doubt a connection between Valkorian and Vitiate. Vitiate and Wrath have a personal relationship unlike the other classes. Wrath wants revenge for being sold up the river.

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

I view my warrior's job as being the Empire's hatchet man: what the ruler of the Empire, be it the Emperor or the Dark Council, absolutely needs to get done for the sake of the Empire, she gets done, and she doesn't particularly care whether it's an invisible Emperor or Darth Marr giving the orders so long as it is someone she respects. Building a power base and playing Sith politics would be a waste of time and an unnecessary distraction to her.

I get the feeling that you guys are missing the point of what it is to be the emperors wrath. You are the wrath of the emperor. His weapon. A weapon to be wielded by the hand of the emperor (that bossy bugger and the insane one and the one that whines at you on rishi) you hold about 90% of the authority of a dark council member, mainly through your sheer strength but also because you are an extension of the emperors will (to an extent). The wrath is free to do as he wishes so long as it does not conflict with the wishes of the council, wether this bothers the wrath is a whole other topic. I think it would cause the wrath and the council to fall out, but I don't believe the dark council would do anything about due to the risk of angering the emperor. A weapon doesn't tell its wielder what to do, quite the opposite. After you defeat Baras you are unleashed like an attack dog to defeat the enemies of the empire wherever you may find them, but no-one in particular has earned the emperors attention. This is why when the emperor decides he's hungry you become the empires wrath, because after Baras that's all the wrath has been. Of course after the 5 year sleep you will be just another sith, but then so will the SI as the dark council will no longer exist along with his / her power base, with the Republic and the empire gone either of the bounty hunters and agents boss's will be gone.

Basically, if the SI told the wrath to jump, a light side wrath would jump, a dark side wrath would jump but not be happy about it. Remember that the dark council is third in the're level of authority, first is the voice and second is the hand, the wrath is a close 4th.

The empire's wrath has free reign to do what he wants and when he wants. He only does what Marr wants because it will benefit the empire. However he is more powerful then any of the Dark Council members.

Even Marr stated that the Dark Council will not challenge the wrath's actions unless it be against the the will of the council. Other then that, wrath can kill who ever whenever and the council will just look the other way.