The lack of Kira and Scourge is just weird

Lium

I'm honestly at a loss as to their reasonings for not bringing back Scourge. His VA even posted a tweet saying he'd love to come back and do Lord Scourge again.

In fact, I could swear that several of the VA's for our romance companions can be heard playing minor parts in Fallen Empire. There's a scene in the throne room where Vaylin throws a Zakuul knight off the platform, and the knight's voice as she's talking to Vaylin I swear has to be Nadia's VA. There's also an NPC somewhere (cantina near the Eternal Championship arena?) who has atmospheric dialog that occasionally triggers and I immediately did a double take because I swear it was Corso.

There's no reason why Zenith shouldn't have come back by now either since his VA also voices Theron.

So we're left with BW's bizarre decision to keep all the favorite companions out of the story for several real life YEARS and I'm left wondering why on earth they could have thought that that was a good idea. I would think most people would get frustrated hanging on that long and rather than making them play more it would get them discouraged until they ended up playing less.

I'm honestly at a loss as to their reasonings for not bringing back Scourge. His VA even posted a tweet saying he'd love to come back and do Lord Scourge again.

There's no reason why Zenith shouldn't have come back by now either since his VA also voices Theron.

That suggests that scourge won't return this year. it takes between 6-9months to get the idea of the content from the drawing board to the finished product waiting to be downloaded. There is still some stuff for Scourge to find himself in.

Same could of been said for Andronikos Revel because Steve Blum also did Aygo. Not sure whats up with that.

I always felt Kira and Scourge touch both Jedi and Sith with their connection to the Emperor. Personally, I keep hoping for Scourge to return in a fashion so that the SW/current Wrath can begin a romance with him. :o Alas, I hold little hope... if I remember correctly, while Scourge mentioned at least one lover in his past, I think he also mentions that he feels absolutely nothing now. Well, maybe that might make for good romance if the SW sparked something. Plus, he would make the ideal first force using male romance, especially for the female Wrath who has slim pickings when it comes to romances with Companions who haven't tried to kill her. ;)

I want to say the Outlander might spark something in Scourge for a romance, but like the similar garbage that doesn't make sense in KOTFE/ET for non-force users, I can't imagine Scourge's emotions being resurrected by my promiscuous, money-grubbing Smuggler. :rolleyes:

tl;dr - Scourge was definitely one of the more layered Companions with a lot of wasted potential in both the story and in his personality as a Companion. Kira was good for a laugh, ("Jedi can't read minds, stupid!") but Scourge was on another level for me.

Edited by Edyn

Yeah it definitely doesn't make sense that neither of those two come back, as I'm pretty sure the entire galaxy would find out that you're the new Eternal Throne leader/commander, and they would be flocking to come back. Who knows though... maybe they died.. Scourge was immortal for like 300 years because of the emperor granting him that, so when you kill Valkorian he loses that immortality and dies. Idk about kira though. Edited by CommunityDroidEU
Referral link

I always felt Kira and Scourge touch both Jedi and Sith with their connection to the Emperor. Personally, I keep hoping for Scourge to return in a fashion so that the SW/current Wrath can begin a romance with him. :o Alas, I hold little hope... if I remember correctly, while Scourge mentioned at least one lover in his past, I think he also mentions that he feels absolutely nothing now. Well, maybe that might make for good romance if the SW sparked something. Plus, he would make the ideal first force using male romance, especially for the female Wrath who has slim pickings when it comes to romances with Companions who haven't tried to kill her. ;)

I want to say the Outlander might spark something in Scourge for a romance, but like the similar garbage that doesn't make sense in KOTFE/ET for non-force users, I can't imagine Scourge's emotions being resurrected by my promiscuous, money-grubbing Smuggler. :rolleyes:

tl;dr - Scourge was definitely one of the more layered Companions with a lot of wasted potential in both the story and in his personality as a Companion. Kira was good for a laugh, ("Jedi can't read minds, stupid!") but Scourge was on another level for me.

The Emperor stripped away all emotions and senses from Lord Scourge and then the emperor bound Scourge's will to his own. Something i always wondered about after the emperor "died", what happened to Scourge, the imperial Guards and Nathema Zealots now the emperor's will no longer interferes with them.

Yeah it definitely doesn't make sense that neither of those two come back, as I'm pretty sure the entire galaxy would find out that you're the new Eternal Throne leader/commander, and they would be flocking to come back. Who knows though... maybe they died.. Scourge was immortal for like 300 years because of the emperor granting him that, so when you kill Valkorian he loses that immortality and dies. Idk about kira though.

http://www.swtor.com/r/W6Zvph

Bioware should never go that route.

If companions are killed it shouldn't happen off screen. They're too important to the player characters that killing them off screen would be a major storytelling failure. It would be sort of like finding out that Han Solo died after ANH in the opening crawl to The Empire Strikes Back.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Kira being MIA isn't that weird. Her personal connection to the Emperor and that part of the story pretty much ends as of Knight chapter 1. I honestly think it's nice, in a way, to know that she's living a heroic life and not letting her dark past haunt her. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd like her to be back (maybe not as much as some certain others, but still), but I think the idea that she "needs" to be part of the Valkorion story seriously kind of undervalues her character, beyond that one single trait.

Now, Scourge, on the other hand, yeah, his absence was a little more surprising. He was much more defined by the Emperor and never really got closure on that front. You'd think he'd want to be more involved in the Alliance, even if it meant his prophecy was wrong again. Although I also think the end of KotET should mean he's not immortal anymore...so the question is, does that mean he dies, or does that mean he can die now? Perhaps he'll even get an Alert based on that very idea...one that ends with the ability to mercy kill him if not recruited, or something?

I'm so over the Valkorian story, but we still probably have a couple of patches in this cycle. Rather than doing a build to the next story, I'd rather see them flesh out this story with some very specific content:

1) a Scourge story where we find out he died trying to overthrow Valkorian while we were in Carbonite. I'd even be ok playing as Scourge for most of this chapter

2) something with Darth Malgus. Clearly he was going to make it out of his Carbonite and that wasn't just an easter egg. Preferably he'd be a major antagonist going forward

3) a story where an unannounced Jedi battlemaster is emerging as the unofficial leader of the order. We find out at the end of the chapter that it's Kira

Things like this may or may not fit perfectly, but you get the idea. Enhance the story with depth and characters we care about.

Kira being MIA isn't that weird. Her personal connection to the Emperor and that part of the story pretty much ends as of Knight chapter 1. I honestly think it's nice, in a way, to know that she's living a heroic life and not letting her dark past haunt her. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd like her to be back (maybe not as much as some certain others, but still), but I think the idea that she "needs" to be part of the Valkorion story seriously kind of undervalues her character, beyond that one single trait.

She has a conversation and mission after the final (well, "final") confrontation with Vitiate where she mentions till hearing him and then you encounter those other Children that still hear him too. So there was still that story hook. I suspect we won't see her for some time, though, since I think the Force-sensitive love interest companions will get lumped into a story arc together.

I do agree that Scourge is the far bigger omission, to the point of me wondering where they might take him now that his reason for even being a companion in the first place is gone, especially since they dropped the ball with him in SoR too (using the excuse of "well if we had Scourge react to Revan then people would complain about the JK getting extra attention).. Given the way some other companions have been written/treated, I definitely have concerns about how well Scourge's eventual reappearance will be handled (as well as how his current absence will be explained).

Edited by RarePorcupine

One can only hope they add them back to answer a few questions - hopefully discovering them in similar fashion to the derelict ghost ship from the HK series which would explain their long absence. There were a lot of children of the Emperor so there's a good bet some of them would still be around to cause trouble. I have to admit I was looking forward to seeing Kira interact with Vaylin and Arcann but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's not weird, here's why.

Most people play Jedi Knight, so to keep most people in the game, the saved the jedi knight companions for last.

EA overlord marketing logic.

my main is an Imperial agent, but I do understand what your saying, I'm still missing Raina and my bugman for my agent but somehow I get Kaylio, SCORIPO and Dr Lokin, but all three are part the thing. I haven't touched my JK since KOTET. Its just odd not seeing Kira or even Scourge around. I've said time and time again Scourge would of wanted to see the outlander at least kick the crap out of his old master but nope. What is he going to do? wander back and say "Wut? You did it? huh..." *joins outlander in trials* That doesn't fit Scourge at all....lol but yeah totally can see Bioware waiting on some of the companions to make a return..Like my bug man..WHERES VECTOR! Why cant I hit up the Orobro nest and go 'sup...where be my bromance?"

my main is an Imperial agent, but I do understand what your saying, I'm still missing Raina and my bugman for my agent but somehow I get Kaylio, SCORIPO and Dr Lokin, but all three are part the thing. I haven't touched my JK since KOTET. Its just odd not seeing Kira or even Scourge around. I've said time and time again Scourge would of wanted to see the outlander at least kick the crap out of his old master but nope. What is he going to do? wander back and say "Wut? You did it? huh..." *joins outlander in trials* That doesn't fit Scourge at all....lol but yeah totally can see Bioware waiting on some of the companions to make a return..Like my bug man..WHERES VECTOR! Why cant I hit up the Orobro nest and go 'sup...where be my bromance?"

I haven't touched my IA since KOTFE ended. The story just made zero sense for non force users. Only two I have actually completed all the way through Iokath are my JK and SI.

Just can't bring myself to finish the others.

I haven't touched my IA since KOTFE ended. The story just made zero sense for non force users. Only two I have actually completed all the way through Iokath are my JK and SI.

Just can't bring myself to finish the others.

Still ahead of me! Only done my main, a guardian.

On topic, I too was horribly dissappointed not to see scourge back fighting the emperor. Also I'd seriously take my jugg through the entirety of kotfe/kotet just to see a discussion he has with scourge. It's something I've been wanting ever since we first started getting companions back in kotfe.

"A lot of Force Users keep jabbering long after they die. Maybe the Emperor's one of them. All I know is, he's not in my head any more" ~ Kira.

She stops hearing him before any of the other Children of the Emperor, though if you have her on Yavin she does mention, with some dread, that the temples "feel like the Emperor".

Still, we need closure. Where is she? What happened to her? Does she need saving? Will female Knights ever get to romance her?

As for Scourge... yeah, he should totally have been on Nathema and helped get rid of the Emperor once and for all.

Voice actors do voices (Naruto was voiced by a female). You are telling me they couldn't get someone else to sound like Kira? I'm pretty sure most of use could do Kira impressions, and a professional VA can't? ****

Kiras absence is weird but not Scourges if you ask me. From a sith point of view what would be the first thing that the SW does when he/she becomes the Wrath? The wrath prove that he/she is truly wothy by killing the predecesor.

That should be the epilouge for the warrior because what else would he do it should be the first thing that comes to mind, KILL THE TRAITOR and its about 5 years between the SW story arc and the FE, he/she has had years to kill Scourge or at least find out why he betrayed the Empire.

Kiras absence is weird but not Scourges if you ask me. From a sith point of view what would be the first thing that the SW does when he/she becomes the Wrath? The wrath prove that he/she is truly wothy by killing the predecesor.

That should be the epilouge for the warrior because what else would he do it should be the first thing that comes to mind, KILL THE TRAITOR and its about 5 years between the SW story arc and the FE, he/she has had years to kill Scourge or at least find out why he betrayed the Empire.

Eh. First of all, keep in mind that by SoR (and presumably before then), the rest of the Sith, including the SW, are well aware that the Emperor is Bad News. Chasing down Scourge is hardly going to be the new Wrath's top priority, and if the Wrath is the Outlander, it makes this even more unlikely. Besides, this would probably bring the Wrath into conflict with the Hero of Tython, and for game reasons, we can't have two different player characters be forced to interact with each other for the story, because for that to fit with the legacy system, you'd have to be logged in as two characters at once, assuming you even have both a SW and a JK of high enough level.

I expect that whenever the next big expansion hits, it'll probably bring back a few of the characters people have been asking about, though with the Emperor fully defeated at this point, it's kind of a waste of Kira and Scourge in particular.

I know this was brought up a lot during KOTFE/KOTET, but that other thread about who might be the traitor had me thinking about them again.

While I don't think it'll be either one of them, I don't understand why the writers couldn't have found a way to involve them in the story somehow. Anyone who hasn't played through the JK story might not know who they are or why they are important, so here's a brief description of why they should've been included.

Kira Carsen was a Child of the Emperor and the apprentice to the Jedi Knight, inarguably the main character of both expansions and the hero of the entire game. That she would not have found her old master is beyond weird. That Valkorion would not have sought her out as leverage against the Outlander, even a non-Jedi Outlander, is even stranger. They had a connection and Kira was a powerful Force-user in her own right.

The exclusion of Scourge is nothing short of bad writing. The entirety of Scourge's backstory and his whole reason for joining the JK was directly tied to the emperor. He used to be his Wrath before the SW and had visions of the Jedi finally striking down Vitiate. That he wasn't even mentioned in KOTET - not even as an Alert contact, is so odd to me.

Do you think they will be included in future content with an explanation of their absence?

It does seem strange to say the least, that two characters with the biggest reasons to bring Valkorian down permanently, would not join the Outlander in doing so.

If you talk to Master Ranos, she can tell you a bit more about both of them.

• 1 year later...

Agreed, I simply do not understand this and its incredibly dissapointing.

In RotHC and Revan expansion i sort of ignored it, it was dumb yea, especially considering Scourge's and Revan's connection but at least they were physically present. But since Kotfe/et actually took them away they had to have had some plan for them later in the story, they just pointed out at the issue of companions missing and even tho it sucks for all the missing companions, Scourge and Kira MUST HAVE BEEN part of the story at one point, I mean cmon it is simply ridiculous to think they were not important in this.

It makes no sense story-wise and character-wise.

A lot came down to the budget of course, but holy *********** hell as much as I ADORE Laura Bailey, if there are VO's unwilling to return and contiue the story they need to be replaced! Seriously what is worse replacing some of the VO's and have some fans grumble abut it, or rewrite your whole story, have the companions be nonsensically missing for years AND have everyone mad about it.

I love swtor but god damn they really did drop the ball with the companions, I even love kotfe/et's story but the absence of your actual companions is madening and it gets worse the more time passes in the story, they either have to give them some reason for not coming back sooner or have them move on... and than they would have a revolt on their hands.

If you didnt have anything planned with them, just give them back immidiately, how *********** hard it would have been to have your LI and some other appropriate companions saving your with Lana and Koth... seriously :(

At this point anything they do with them is just a bandate, of course good writing can make it better but it wont heal whats broken.

And seriously, Biowa, *********** EA, if you have plans for a story, do not cancel them because of VO's, we love our VO's of course but god damn I would rather have it not voiced and well written, continuing forward, than have voiced nonsense.