Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Opportune strike removed in 2.0?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is Opportune strike removed in 2.0?

PlasmaJohn
04.09.2013 , 09:26 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by skincarver View Post
If they are taking away pommel and opportune strike, what are we getting to replace them?
Strike

#GCGankedMyMMO
unsubed 2017.03.05

JSwanee
04.09.2013 , 02:23 PM | #12
Fights seem to be slower without strike. Not that they take longer, I'm just not as busy. Sad, I really liked both skills.

Lanja
04.09.2013 , 02:30 PM | #13
Gotta wait till I get home to boot up 2.0 and see if they're really gone. In the typical 5+ Section X trashmob I'll use Opportune Strike (following Force Leap or Leg Slash) on both the first and last enemy. I'll often use Blade Storm > Pommel Strike on one in the middle, esp. if I've got to run towards the target first. Both are great for quickly dropping ads before focusing my core rotation on a stronger opponent. Fingers crossed that at least one of them is still in-game!

PlasmaJohn
04.09.2013 , 02:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lanja View Post
Gotta wait till I get home to boot up 2.0 and see if they're really gone. In the typical 5+ Section X trashmob I'll use Opportune Strike (following Force Leap or Leg Slash) on both the first and last enemy. I'll often use Blade Storm > Pommel Strike on one in the middle, esp. if I've got to run towards the target first. Both are great for quickly dropping ads before focusing my core rotation on a stronger opponent. Fingers crossed that at least one of them is still in-game!
Both are gone. *mourns the sadly empty spaces in his hotbar*

#GCGankedMyMMO
unsubed 2017.03.05

Wildcatomega
04.10.2013 , 07:57 AM | #15
I am Very sad to see these go I used them often I thought they where adding new ability's not taking away ones my quick bars feel bare fighting is more boring they added a little flare to your moves ,now its boring its like u got demoted have to work ur way up to get guardian slash when i already had it at 50 whats that about

PlasmaJohn
04.10.2013 , 08:07 AM | #16
Ran Ilum, BH and Section X dailies last night. Took a little bit to get used to not having those two talents but I guess I'll live. Interestingly I noticed that something is occasionally ending the cooldown of Precision Slash. It also seems that I can still spam Blade Rush.

I'm v.lazy wrt theorycrafting and optimizing DPS so it's quite possible that I've never noticed it before

#GCGankedMyMMO
unsubed 2017.03.05

Zardac_the_Great
04.10.2013 , 12:55 PM | #17
I loved that strike. No focus cost, high firepower.

WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE, PEOPLE!?

So you had to pay attention and have some level of skill and strategizing. It's a GAME! It's SUPPOSED to have those things! I used that attack all the time, and now it's gone. I am sad.

evard-mt
04.10.2013 , 10:03 PM | #18
I thought i never cared about them but habits says different. Sometimes after brainstorm i try to use them and realize that it's empty slot.