Your PVP System is Broken and I Have Doubts it Can Be Fixed Even by the Devs

pyro_princess

Dot specs are about a strategy of stressing the healers, forcing them into an endurance game and negating heal over time maintenance.

IDEALLY the role of a dot spec is to make the burst specs in the team more effective on target switches. Their original target still has dots rolling, the new target has dots rolling, is the healer going to save the new burst target or is the lethality operative going to culling shot the original target to death

TBH IMO dot specs are used to fluff dps to e peen, usually. If dot/aoe specs did less dps, people would be using direct damage. I don't feel pressured when healing dots and aoes tbh. It's quite ez to heal, and they get 15-20k dps. It's when someone is being burst down that, I may not be able to heal them depending on the circumstance or obviously if they are bad and overextend.

I don't believe people when they say "well it's for pressure." I mean it's pvp you want to actually kill things. Most of the time alll those aoe/dots do is fluff healing and dps numbers; killing nothing.

Also, with a healer and guard those dots and aoes/dots are useless IMO

Plus a lot of classes have dot/aoe resistance in their skill trees.

They were implemented originally to make those specs "viable" and used, and for bad players who can't handle burst damage lol

I mean with a sorc for example, I can pick a tactical that would give me much more dps overall but I like to see people die, and me killing them in a very short time span so I use the more bursty one LOL

I don't think many players in regs are coordinated enough to switch to targets with low health with dots ticking on them maybe in a ranked setting but even then with a guard it's very hard to do or you better be an elite player who can use those dot/aoes very effectively.

I'd rather a mm sniper and sin do a hard swap, cc heals and just wreck someone not expecting it.

I never seen anyone get globaled from a dot or aoe spec; seeing someone get globaled is FUN LMAO

Edited by AocaVII

I don't believe people when they say "well it's for pressure." I mean it's pvp you want to actually kill things. Most of the time alll those aoe/dots do is fluff healing and dps numbers; killing nothing.

Focusing purely on dot spreading is fluff damage. Don't understimate someone who is focusing you as a dot spec. They can burn you down pretty fast.

Focusing purely on dot spreading is fluff damage. Don't understimate someone who is focusing you as a dot spec. They can burn you down pretty fast.

I can agree with that but it usually has to be a good player, which are few. Sure it'd say I've had good dot mercs, snipers, and ops that can hurt.

My personal playstyle is when people see my toons I want them to know that they are going to be hit very hard lol. I don't really care about overall dps. Eh sometimes I get top sometimes I don't depends on circumstance. I mean occasionally I'll fluff but it's rare. It might just to beat a douchebag who thinks he's great for top deeps that I want to beat using and abusing aoes but I can't/don't want to play every match for numbers. I play for killing people quickly which is supposed to be what pvp is LOL

I mean I learned to PVP in SWGS world pvp. There you don't see numbers. You only notice good players by how hard they hit and other factors or for healing how long they can keep people up and stop the group from wiping not hps.

PVPing for numbers and e peen isn't PVP IMO

Player vs Player is not OMG I'm great I got top dps and nothing or few people died, or for healers; my group wiped and/or 30 people died but I got 15k hps from aoe healing, dot heals, bubbles and shells. If you can't keep your group up, what is the purpose of being a healer LMAO

Oh one more rant you're not good if you can do 15k dps and you die 10 times. You know you're actually not supposed to die. It's like a thing LOOOOOOOL

Edited by AocaVII

Tbh Healing is not strong rn. It's probably the weakest it's ever been. Problem is people don't interrupt, stun and can't dps. Then, they complain.

Heal plus guard is just is a huge issue that makes healing look OP that has been brought up hundreds of times up for 4 years to the DEVS and they never fix it LOOOOOOOOOOL. Heals, guard and bad dps; healer is never gonna die. It's the guard not the heals.

Rn ONE dps CAN kill a healer LOL, even a a good one or at the very least have them running around the whole match not healing anyone else.

ATM, I can heal more on a merc which has triple the armor and better dcds than a sorc LOL

IMO that is how it should be regarding one equally skilled geared/dps being able to contain or kill a healer depending on who makes a mistake. Otherwise there's ZERO chance of ever balancing guard.

IMO that is how it should be regarding one equally skilled geared/dps being able to contain or kill a healer depending on who makes a mistake. Otherwise there's ZERO chance of ever balancing guard.

I respectfully disagree because there's a better solution. Well actually, I partially agree that one dps should be able to contain a healer but not 1 v 1 a healer LOL

The guard should not be as strong as it is in pvp, quite obvious. DEVS do not listen.

Point and case:

Today and LN I had issues with guards. LN There was a premade both in my ops and against my ops group, three matches.

Tank spec with dps gear was guarding the one dps, so basically dps can just sit there and dps with impunity as well as a pocket healer, and of course in the 2 I play against them the tank got more dps then the rest of the team aside from their one dps in their guild. Jug tanks are hitting for 50k or more LOOOOOOOOOOL

Today, 4 v 4 we have 4 dps vs a guard a healer and 2 dps, quite amusing. You know you are going to lose no matter what. You shouldn't know that before the match starts lol. The guard had me cced 30- 50% of the match and taunted when I was up and of course switching guard. Surprisingly, we almost won one of the matches.

BUT the tank made the difference. I mean I did more dps then the people on my team so if the guard wasn't there we would have won bc he was on me like a leach LOL We even managed to kill the healer and a dps, and make it a 2 v 2 BUT of course they had a tank guarding the other player, and still ccing/taunting me etc LOL

ATTN DEVS the problem is the guard in pvp. This has now been said for about 5 years with no response. Only response is nerf heals LOL

It's like using a screw driver to untighten a bolt, very nonsensical (most bolts don't have groves for a screwdriver ;p in case someone doesn't know).

Edited by AocaVII

• 2 weeks later...
Oh my lord. I just remembered why I stopped looking at the forums. No wonder BioWare don't balance things correctly when they have to read stuff like this...

Operatives doing 19k in a reg with lethality literally means nothing, it's an AoE spread spec. They don't have much immunity with this because the dodge roll comes from concealment which does about 7-10k dps in comparison depending on the player.

If ur dying in 5 hits as a sorc healer ur doing something wrong.

Juggs in vengeance with a good stack are going to do 15mill damage in regs because it's another AoE cleave spec. Yet it's pretty easy to burn through all of their dcd's since juggs are generally just on the weak side compared to every other class in the game.

Mercs have heals to full yes and is generally the easiest class to hit dcd's on, but sorcs literally have 2 escapes, a phasewalk and a barrier (which can both be used while stunned) not to mention stun bubble, DR and DR while in stun.

You are right about the fact there's a lot of issues but these ain't it chief.

Than***k youuuuu.