Community Q&A: March 23rd 2012

CourtneyWoods

With sorcerers/sages already being the lowest survivability class in the game and now the breaking of our hybrid spec, why are our 31 point talents not being made to be desirable? The reason the hybrid spec was so overly used was due to these talents not being desirable in the first place.

you're freaking kidding right? if you have problems with a sorc then you need to quit. Sorcs were over healing and they addressed that. Fixing an ability so it works properly, instead of giving excessive boosts to overall healing, is a good thing... brings everyone to a better place.

They're explaining those changes, those changes made sense... players who had sorcs + another class all said the sorc was just too easymode.

They aren't explaining more than half of the other changes however, which is the bigger issue.

The fact that they'd rather throw in "gems" like the mandalorian title or the timeline ******** instead of addressing issues that people actually want to hear about is insulting, they may as well shmear peanut butter on their balls so they can hover themselves above a keyboard while a tap-dancing dog underneath writes next weeks Q&A. ffs...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With sorcerers/sages already being the lowest survivability class in the game and now the breaking of our hybrid spec, why are our 31 point talents not being made to be desirable? The reason the hybrid spec was so overly used was due to these talents not being desirable in the first place.

Clearly someone hasn't played a deception Assassin...

I'd like to know why the re-balancing seems to be focused solely on PvE?

The changes to healing, especially sorc, seem to be fine for PvE but pretty devastating PvP wise and honestly... There is a pretty significant portion of the population that finds PvP high if not top priority when it comes to actually playing.

I'm not sure if anyone here has ever used a 2.5 second heal in PvP but let me tell you... it generally works somewhat ok for self healing in a corner but to actually keep someone up in a fight at all it's practically useless... forget about trying to keep yourself alive when being attacked.

I do realize it's not fair to balance PvE based on PvP but it's no less unfair than the opposite. PvP wise I can deal with the changes to consumption, I am very pleased with fixing the double dip mechanic but the changes to force bending are a major slap in the face.

Edited by cdnbaki

you're freaking kidding right? if you have problems with a sorc then you need to quit. Sorcs were over healing and they addressed that. Fixing an ability so it works properly, instead of giving excessive boosts to overall healing, is a good thing... brings everyone to a better place.

Firstly, telling someone "You're stupid and you should quit" pretty much red-flags you as someone that shouldn't be listened to... but let me go on to say that I'm pretty positive this was coming from a PvP perspective.

Frankly, short of perhaps a deception sin (who still does have a few tricks to get away) Sorcs/sages are generally the easiest class in the game to kill in high end pvp. They have basically no armor and no survivability cooldowns to speak of save for a bubble with a long recast time that honestly, even if maxed will maybe absorb 2 attacks from a geared DPS. In PvP a Sorc / Sages's primary advantage comes from *not* being to center of attention; pretty much the moment they are is when they die or have to full on kite / run away (and from some classes like PT and Jug that's not a viable option if your opponent understands how to kill you).

In live, most offensive classes can kill a Sorc in 4-5 GCD's and often times if your CC break is on CD you're just dead if there is no other healer around or if there is nobody around for a peel. You should stop assuming everyone else has no viable input, why don't you look around your server for high valor Sorcs / Sages (depending on your faction) and ask them about survivability in PvP.

Clearly someone hasn't played a deception Assassin...

Deception assassins can respec to Darkness to get decent survivability

Sorcs can switch to.... oh right... nothing to get decent survivability.

Did I mention that Darkness sin's can do as much if not more damage than Deception?

All I want to know is, If I hit 50 as a human, what benefit do I get with the Legacy system, as humans can be any and all classes.

Humans get some kind of presence buff instead.

Wouldn't it be funny if they actually decided to answer such questions, that have already been answered in the patchnotes or other game info available, just to troll us even more?:D

Firstly, telling someone "You're stupid and you should quit" pretty much red-flags you as someone that shouldn't be listened to... but let me go on to say that I'm pretty positive this was coming from a PvP perspective.

Frankly, short of perhaps a deception sin (who still does have a few tricks to get away) Sorcs/sages are generally the easiest class in the game to kill in high end pvp. They have basically no armor and no survivability cooldowns to speak of save for a bubble with a long recast time that honestly, even if maxed will maybe absorb 2 attacks from a geared DPS. In PvP a Sorc / Sages's primary advantage comes from *not* being to center of attention; pretty much the moment they are is when they die or have to full on kite / run away (and from some classes like PT and Jug that's not a viable option if your opponent understands how to kill you).

In live, most offensive classes can kill a Sorc in 4-5 GCD's and often times if your CC break is on CD you're just dead if there is no other healer around or if there is nobody around for a peel. You should stop assuming everyone else has no viable input, why don't you look around your server for high valor Sorcs / Sages (depending on your faction) and ask them about survivability in PvP.

That's what i've been doing for months dude, you don't think i know what's going on inside the heads of all the different classes? i've played a high level sorc myself and i couldn't have felt more overpowered as a healer. It was just silly, and every sorc i knew worth their mettle said the same exact thing. Full Battlemaster'd War Hero sorcs going to play other characters and realizing they have to actually try. But oh yea i forgot, being able to grind out wz's for a ranking system continually makes all players more skilled at the same time... doi! :rolleyes:

If you can't, on your sorc/sage, successfully shake a marauder with things like overload-non-resolve-root, shield, speed away, jolt, 3x guaranteed heal crits and even force slow then i guess you deserve to be killed by one because you actually had a pretty good fighting chance... Plus they put a 20% healing reduction debuff on you if they were any good...

Now step into the operatives shoes and say the same thing about defensive cd's...

Evasion is buggy at worst, barely effective at best.

Cloaking screen works most of the time, but has to use evasion at the same time to guarantee escape when you have DoTs on you.

Shield probe is on a 45 sec cd and shield EITHER a base % of the inc damage or a flat amount then stops, but is still a decent cd i just wish it was more descriptive.

Debilitate is great, 30-45 sec cd but adds like 4 resolve bars.

Flashbang is broken by everyone around you but is still helpful in controlled situations.

So to recap, sorcs get to overload/bubble/speed away every 20 sec while operatives get to cloak(plus evasion)/shield/Debilitate every 2min/45sec/30-45 sec. There's not a set of tricks to getting away other than surviving until you can't anymore, then cloaking and running off with time to live... but sorcs are having trouble with their stun-speed-off-heal-up tactics...

Now someone will come along with the whole "two separate classes" shmeal and that's fine because they are different classes but i wanna see the day when an operative can shake my marauder like a sorc could. Also, if it feels like every dps spec out there is trying to make it so sorcs/sages are easier to kill, then you've got a good eye. Why wouldn't every other class try and combat the most powerful/played class in the game as well as they can, since they'll be facing it for more than 50% of their PvP life...

But seriously, the number of defensive cd's PLUS the length of ability cooldowns is clearly favored in one glow-sticky direction.

But again, the real issue here is that changes aren't being properly explained(if they're being explained at all). That's what needs to happen... better customer service and a regard for explaining real issues, not tangents about chair-to-keyboard operating malfunctions lol...

Humans get some kind of presence buff instead.

Wouldn't it be funny if they actually decided to answer such questions, that have already been answered in the patchnotes or other game info available, just to troll us even more?:D

They did... read the part about the sith pureblood smuggler... Taking the time to point out facts that people could read elsewhere, instead of taking more important amounts of time to talk about actual game breaking information/changes.

and they talked about mandalorian titles and the timeline garbage to fluff up their hollow Q&A.

Then started a discussion thread and are currently sitting back with popcorn/sodas with their feet kicked up.

Holonet? huh? Why...

Because it is something the majority of the playerbase urgently wants to know...wait. No, it's just because someone actually cared to ask and they used the opportunity to dodge sensible stuff.:rolleyes:

There probably is a cap to important questions to one per q&a in order to not upset the crowd too much - the one about the healing changes was this week's.

edit:

They did... read the part about the sith pureblood smuggler... Taking the time to point out facts that people could read elsewhere, instead of taking more important amounts of time to talk about actual game breaking information/changes.

I know - isn't it amazing? :rolleyes:

Edited by wtfnonamefree

In regards to the Q/A about the mercenary AC's lack of interrupt...

BW, you realize that Sorcerers and Sages have a CC, stun, and interrupt right? As someone who plays a merc, a real interrupt is becoming a must have in both PvE and PvP. This is especially true when playing against one of the above mentioned classes, as they have MUCH more control options as well as their insane damage output for having said abilities. Not to mention the fact that a merc's abilities are entirely dependant on the target not being immune to CC/Stun/Knockback....

And that is not even bringing in to account how unbalanced the "bubble" is, versus the merc shield.

So...

Sorc/sage have:

CC

Stun

Knockback

Interrupt

temporary 100% Damage Immunity

Excellent Damage output

Mercs/republic counterparts have:

CC

Stun

Knockback

temporary reduced damage taken

Excellent Damage output (if not interrupted)

So what was all that about class balance???

Over the top healers? Are you serious?

The issue with might-regeneration was the only issue with healers, but the Merc sure did never excell in healing. Nerfing the healing-output will just lead to noone playing endcontent anymore, because raids will die left and right with this nerf.

A Merc-healer for example allready is very hard to play in the operations due to heat-issues. Take away some little percentage here and add a little more heat there like you do and the BH isn't anywhere usable anymore in operations. I sure will throw my Merc-healer out of the window and respec as DD if you implement the announce changes, as noone will have me in their op as a healer, because I can't deliver anymore. And Sorcs are more welcome in operations anyways due to their AoE-healing.

You should start playing your own game instead of only looking at some data you seem not to understand.

The thing that surprises me the most is that he seemed genuinely intrigued at the idea of a 'loop music' addition - something which games have had since video games started being a thing, especially considering the extent to which music adds to the ambiance/atmosphere of the location.

I mean, really? This didn't occur to anyone during the initial development phase?

The thing that surprises me the most is that he seemed genuinely intrigued at the idea of a 'loop music' addition - something which games have had since video games started being a thing, especially considering the extent to which music adds to the ambiance/atmosphere of the location.

I mean, really? This didn't occur to anyone during the initial development phase?

personally, i feel that i laughed far too hard at that question/answer. That should be looked into immediately rofl.

That's it, I've had enough of you people. They didn't answer what is the important question in the Q&A thread. EVEN I KNOW THIS, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT tell me this? Would you like the answer to say "We are thinking on it"? CAUSE THATS WHAT THEY ARE DOING, they are not ignoring your question about the population etc. THEY JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO ANSWER IT YET!

They will address it when they know HOW to address it, or have you forgotten the complications of the legacy name is unique per server (one name for one account) at this point? WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN? They want to make sure they can DO IT, they want to make sure they can DO IT RIGHT.

You guys are annoying to the point I want to shoot my computer screen with a rocket launcher, because it's about as productive as people complaining about an answer that wasnt given because they clearly do not know how to answer it yet.

How many of you are adults? Cause if you are, ACT like one.

I will continue complaining until there is at least more concrete information on how they are going to fix the population issues or they at least figure out some way to let players stuck on empty servers participate in multiplayer content. If hearing about an issue that is completely gamebreaking for a lot of players annoys you, that's your problem. From my perspective I can't believe there's discussion about anything else when so many players are completely shut out of major aspects of the game due to low pop servers.

Edited by Aiysis

Since you have changed all of the stats on the Rakata Merc DPS gear on the PTS are you also going to chnge the mods on the DPS weapon as well I would like to know before I start buying and replacing mods, on the current gun.

Peace currnetly has + 51 accuracy and + 72 power on both the PTS and Live

They've explained server transfers pop issues or rather quickly mentioned that its in the pipes but its not coming soon so im frankly tired of everyone repeating the need for more clarification when its apparent they dont have one. Find another question to ask. As for faction imbalance at the Guild Summit they pretty much said there's nothing they can do about that. You can't force people to play a faction they don't want too.

I'm glad to hear more clarifcation on the healing nerf, still not happy about it for my friends sake but she'll just have to adjust her management and work with the off healer we have more closely.

I wish they'd take questions on Bounty Hunter titles more seriously. We got a crap title with the ending of our storyline while others got some pretty badarse ones like Darth. Infact I dont know any BH that uses their end game title because its CRAP.

Its nice to hear more about the vote/kick system though Its heavily flawed since it can be easily abused in games like Huttball. Hopefully people will just learn to stop throwing to people who are obviously standing still and attacking to avoid a vote/kick.

The music question at the end is annoying and extremely dismissively answered. How hard is it to add a loop music feature and to simply say something even slightly detailed like is it atleast on the table and being looked at to be made feesible.

Some of the questions were fluff and some were really important that were discussed. I'm not sure why one or two posters no matter what the devs do or say have to be extremely negative. I have to wonder if one particular poster who likes to use green alot would cry that they gave him only at 14k gold bar when he could of been given 24k gold. You got a fraking gold bar for free yet still complain. Thats honestly how said poster comes off. If you dont like the questions being answered then get over it. They addressed major and minor questions equally even if the answeres aren't entirely satisfactory.

In regards to the Q/A about the mercenary AC's lack of interrupt...

BW, you realize that Sorcerers and Sages have a CC, stun, and interrupt right? As someone who plays a merc, a real interrupt is becoming a must have in both PvE and PvP. This is especially true when playing against one of the above mentioned classes, as they have MUCH more control options as well as their insane damage output for having said abilities. Not to mention the fact that a merc's abilities are entirely dependant on the target not being immune to CC/Stun/Knockback....

And that is not even bringing in to account how unbalanced the "bubble" is, versus the merc shield.

So...

Sorc/sage have:

CC

Stun

Knockback

Interrupt

temporary 100% Damage Immunity

Excellent Damage output

Mercs/republic counterparts have:

CC

Stun

Knockback

temporary reduced damage taken

Excellent Damage output (if not interrupted)

So what was all that about class balance???

Sorc's also get sprint and pull.... "BUT... BUT..... HEAVY ARMOR!"