Which story was the best on the Empire side?

smballer

I recently beat Jedi Knight storyline and played it to level 50 on the Republic side, I also played Consular until that story bored me to death.

For Empire, which character is worth rolling? Sith Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter, or Imperial Agent?

I don't want to play Warrior, becuase combat-wise it seems very close to Jedi Knight and I've heard the story is pretty predictable for it

I did the Jedi Knight's storyline then tried to do consular, horrible mistake. Consular storyline is very boring imo. So I know fully well how you feel in regards to that.

On the empire side I've done the majority of the Bounty Hunter storyline and a little of the Imperial Agents, I recommend the BH. Thus far it is my favorite class quest line.

Edited by Ehlin

You coould play as the opposite advanced class Marauder/Jugg, i really enjoyed the SW story.

Other than that, Agent is really good.

BH act 1 is kinda samey

IDK about sorc sorry, must be the only person on our server without a sorc/cons :p

Agent story is amazing. Excellent dynamics, great plot twists, lies, deception, betrayal, James Bond style.

Warrior story is close second. A lot of juicy, A-grade pathos. Great voicework, ludicrous characters (Baras alone is a piece of art), predictable-in-a-good-way storyline. I liked playing Grey\Light, because I felt that it added another layer of inner struggle to the narrative (encounter in the Tatooine Oasis alone is worth it). Played Dark Side in Beta and was mildly unamused. Guess it goes the same for Jedi. Dark Jedi Knight was so infinitely more awesome than Light...

Edited by Helig

Agent's story is probably the best, with lots of twists and turns of events. BH is a very solid one (also I personally really like mandalorians), and this class has the best companions (personality-wise) except Skadge. Warrior's story is predictable, but that doesn't make it worse than agent's and BH's ones; hell, the characters you encounter on your path to glory are unforgettable (my favourites are Baras and Darth Vowrawn, such a charming sith gentleman!), and playing a neutral/lawful evil-oriented SW is more rewarding than going full darkside psycho mode.

Avoid Inquisitor. It's really boring and makes zero sense most of time.

Edited by atomic_coffee

SI is a pretty good story. You start as a slave and overcome your obstacles. Likewise, the Consular story was terrible. I'm interested in what story to play next, I think I'm going with the IA story, but I kind of want to do the BH one.

On a side note, the Consular story ruined the Republic for me. I'll go back, but I'm an Empire player for a while.

Empire side, Imperial Agent is my personal favorite.

Bounty Hunter, haven't palyed to 50, but 1st chapter is great, and then I lost interest in the story.

Warrior and Inquisitor palyed only till 20-ish, but warrior seems more interesting.

Republic side, I really liked the Jedi Knight story, while Consular story seems the worst of all.

Trooper is not bad, but kind of lost interest by end of chapter 1. Smuggler story failed to intrigue me at all at early levels and thus I never managed to play it more.

TLDR: for Empire, go Agent, for Republic go Jedi knight.

Played SI till end, IA to Act 3 and BH to Act 2.

Best Story is by far the IA. Like the others mentioned already, lots of twists and turn, James Bond like with even a hint at Oceans 11. Most varied story I've played.

BH is good so far, but it is kinda repetitive.

SI was the worst. It started quite well in Act 1 only to become unlogic and very, very repetitive in the last 2 acts.

So my advice is the IA Story. It really keeps me wanna know what's happening next.

IA by a long way.

BH is ok but sags a bit in the middle - good few twists at the end. Inquiz is ok so far (im into chapter 2) but it hard to not be dark side all the way on the inquiz. Also inquiz i havetn so far felt a sense of urgency that i did with the IA and the BH.

IA made me stop and think (an i mean REALLY think). I didn't pre-decide that i would go light side or dark so, i played the pragmatist or the professional and im so very glad i did because the story plays to that. The only downside with IA is i found some of the the companion characters a bit dull.

Warrior i cant speak for at all im afraid.

Edited by AgrippAA

In order of personal preference:

IA, great storyline, lots of intrigue and twists. Bit of a James Bond feel (but in keeping with SW theme). Spoiled a little by a nasty roadblock at the end of Act 1 due to a buggy boss that is a nightmare to beat (for Snipers at least) and remains unfixed.

BH, a great space romp, lots of daring deeds. As someone else mentioned, has the feel of Firefly - a space cowboy / bucaneer / vigilante all rolled into one.

Inquisitor, so-so. Overall storyline is good and there's some nice twists. But there's also a lot of steps that felt like deliberate filler and which were rather tedious. Other problem is that at times it feels like you're following a fantasy story and not in the Star Wars universe.

Warrior, only played this one to 19 but I didn't enjoy it as much. The sadism in the storyline and my character's smug arrogance didn't draw me in. I probably need to give it another chance as others say good things about the story.

Edited by Cernow

The agent story is really good and barely in front of the Inquisitor IMO (I played the SI first). BH is also good until the middle of act 2 early act 3 where it goes to some *** moments and seems extremely rushed/compacted. Sith Warrior is the only class I haven't leveled to act 1 on Emp side.

Jedi Knight was my first pub and the dialogue options for this class is the most boring re-used **** I've seen so far in the game. Most of the responses are 1 of 4 dialogue scripts just re-used and I've really been let down. (I also feel the story is really weak, but that's probably due to the piss poor written dialogues)

I'm hoping the Smuggler story is better. (next alt probably)

I'm only going to echo everyone else and say IA, terrific writing from beginning till end.

Though I wouldn't say the Sith Warrior is predictable either, I'm playing mine as a lightside reformer of the Empire and its been a bash so far.

just got though act one on imperial agent. don't want to go into details but at the end of act 1 either make the lightside choose or the go full dark YOU WILL REGRET going half way though choosing dark side :p would restart but lvl 34 so gonna live with the guilt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I've played a Sith Juggernaut to 60, a Sniper to 40, a Mercenary to 53, and an Assassin to 35. Many people say that IA has the best storyline. They are correct. However, they SUCK at combat. Operatives aren't really able to do any damage without an AMAZING tank, and Snipes, well, Snipes do LOTS of damage but have almost no defense.

I could go on for each class, but I'll just rank 'em.

Best Storyline

1. Agent

2. Warrior

3. Hunter

4. Inquisitor

Best Overall

1. Warrior. Good Story, plus a healer at third planet.

2. Hunter. Heavy Armor and Heals/Tankiness

3. Inquisitor. No defense early on.

4. Agent. Sniper: No defense, and you draw a TON of aggro. Op: You do almost little to no damage because 75% of your abilities are either melee attacks or other stuff.

Hope this helped.

Agent without questions. Then BH or SW. As for Inquisitor... After chapter 2 it looks like they did not know what to do with the story and just pull out of the blue another antagonist totally unrelated to previous chapters or anything at all. And that second part is really not that good either.

And do not forget prejudice here in preferences too :) I can absolutely objectively say that Agent story is the best in the game judging by any criteria of writing and presenting story in the game. Yet, I have only 2 agents (both gender, it adds some flavor to the story) and countless amount of JC, which is incomparable with IA in any way but I sill like it.

Btw, one of the criteria is additional missions between planets. JC has one? Two? While IA or SW have at least one additional story-mission between every planets.

Edited by Mirandel