Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hail Keith


Going's Avatar


Going
05.12.2019 , 12:46 PM | #1
Just saying, he's been a 10/10 producer since he boarded.
Not Null
Godlovesugly
Fahc

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
05.12.2019 , 01:13 PM | #2
*raises glass* why not

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
05.12.2019 , 02:23 PM | #3
Wut...?

Keith came around 5.2, and while the command system improved under his rein, he is also the one responsible for the current Ossus grind. Under him we have gone a few steps forwards and then several steps backwards.

So no... puts glass on table.

6.0 is the final shot for me.

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
05.12.2019 , 02:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Wut...?

Keith came around 5.2, and while the command system improved under his rein, he is also the one responsible for the current Ossus grind. Under him we have gone a few steps forwards and then several steps backwards.

So no... puts glass on table.

6.0 is the final shot for me.
Wait till you see the 6.0 grind... 3 sets of gear for all your Jugg specs if you happen to play them all.

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
05.12.2019 , 02:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Wait till you see the 6.0 grind... 3 sets of gear for all your Jugg specs if you happen to play them all.
Link please.

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
05.12.2019 , 02:57 PM | #6
hey! tbf, "tactical" items are an improvement. eventually all games progress and items needed for end game go up. I mean it may be more to do, but whos to say itll be hard?

want to hear some serial wishful thinking that I would do if I ran swtor?

a) set wz bolster to 1 tier above nim gear and make set bonuses the only deciding factor. in this case this tactical items would only serve to make cllasses unique and fun. like the skill trees did

or b) tactical item will not work in pvp zones, and/or there will be seperate tactical pvp item that Only work in pvp zones, and in traditional expertise grind design will be far far cheaper and less grindy than pve TI, maybe even built in to expertise sets.

I personaly would go with A, B is more settleing for what is more likely to happen

Going's Avatar


Going
05.12.2019 , 04:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Wut...?

Keith came around 5.2, and while the command system improved under his rein, he is also the one responsible for the current Ossus grind. Under him we have gone a few steps forwards and then several steps backwards.

So no... puts glass on table.

6.0 is the final shot for me.
Ossus grind is welcome as it's here to drive us to 6.0. WAI
Not Null
Godlovesugly
Fahc

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
05.12.2019 , 04:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Going View Post
Ossus grind is welcome as it's here to drive us to 6.0. WAI
Can’t tell if this is sarcasm or what??

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
05.12.2019 , 05:58 PM | #9
the ossus gear design is actually the best thing about 5.x

this is not sarcasm, I have repeated/said in forum since 5.10 launch my displeasure at swtor is the meta and poor dev interaction, but not the gearing.

this gearing is what gearing used to be before the disgusting money grab GC was. you legit can gear as a f2p/perfered in 5.10

first, the entry mission only requires level 70 to obtain. second, it rewards GREEN gear that is higher than arifact authorization basic 230 gear just for sitting through the intro. third, ossus is a rep based planet with daily, no chapters, just dailys, with OWPVP but no aids adds like iokath. ossus is not sub only, and all crystals gained are obtainable by f2p/perfered. hm wb, wbs, and queueing with a friend for UC (UC is also offered from almost every activity finder) and last but not least! the gear on ossus doesnt require Galatic Command Tokens, the number one thing that premeated money grab about GC

now.... Im personaly more of a fan of making a currency cap per week, like the 5 now, but you can do your content... but hey no one gets everything they want, I'll settle for most crystals are gainable by pvp and the 252 bolster, and the fact that they are no longer kicking to the curb the 50% of this game that doesnt sub 24/7


as the disney guy said in family guy: Come to disneyland! Bring Money!

PS: I would also have liked the UC crystals to be as easy to gain as the pve crystals. Imo the should have been 5 crystals to be gained by either paying 500 UC per, or defeating the wbs, 4 MMfps,1 story mode op, and hm queen. Id say in this the wbs grant 2. but you were capped at 5 per week, and could only do each pve one once. but alas, as 5.10 is, the second UC crystal is a ridiculous price, and in order to get all 5 crystals you have to do a variety of content.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
05.12.2019 , 06:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
the ossus gear design is actually the best thing about 5.x

this is not sarcasm, I have repeated/said in forum since 5.10 launch my displeasure at swtor is the meta and poor dev interaction, but not the gearing.

this gearing is what gearing used to be before the disgusting money grab GC was. you legit can gear as a f2p/perfered in 5.10

first, the entry mission only requires level 70 to obtain. second, it rewards GREEN gear that is higher than arifact authorization basic 230 gear just for sitting through the intro. third, ossus is a rep based planet with daily, no chapters, just dailys, with OWPVP but no aids adds like iokath. ossus is not sub only, and all crystals gained are obtainable by f2p/perfered. hm wb, wbs, and queueing with a friend for UC (UC is also offered from almost every activity finder) and last but not least! the gear on ossus doesnt require Galatic Command Tokens, the number one thing that premeated money grab about GC

now.... Im personaly more of a fan of making a currency cap per week, like the 5 now, but you can do your content... but hey no one gets everything they want, I'll settle for most crystals are gainable by pvp and the 252 bolster, and the fact that they are no longer kicking to the curb the 50% of this game that doesnt sub 24/7


as the disney guy said in family guy: Come to disneyland! Bring Money!
I’m sorry but I hate the changed gear grind and broken RNG that gives you the same pieces over and over.
I’m not into pve that much and I hate that I would have to do dailies on 10 Alts to get the gear I need.
I’m sorry but there is nothing good about that.
As bad as 5.0-5.9 was for gearing. I much prefer how it was from 5.7 onwards than this system.