Buff Operations and HM Flashpoints

Make operations and flashpoints harder.

I only started hardmode operations when nightmare power finished, and i have only heard stories of pre-nerf Lost Island, make the game challenging again please.

Edited by tangzor

The problem here is the loss of interest in doing these. As you may have noticed the game difficulty has dropped significantly becuase of the metrics that Bioware seen. Overall there was like 5% of the swtor population doing NiM operations, which made Bioware say that there will be no more NiMs in the future. Also they introduced the Priority operation dropping the best gear in the game by doing HM operations.

HM flashpoints do not reward anything worth in doing them, so those are not done either (only by new players and achievment hunters). In general group content is done by a minority of the population so that is why it does not get proper focus of Bioware. The only thing they do is scale it to level so that its at least current content.

Personnaly i think you are trolling with such a request :D

The problem here is the loss of interest in doing these. As you may have noticed the game difficulty has dropped significantly becuase of the metrics that Bioware seen. Overall there was like 5% of the swtor population doing NiM operations, which made Bioware say that there will be no more NiMs in the future. Also they introduced the Priority operation dropping the best gear in the game by doing HM operations.

HM flashpoints do not reward anything worth in doing them, so those are not done either (only by new players and achievment hunters). In general group content is done by a minority of the population so that is why it does not get proper focus of Bioware. The only thing they do is scale it to level so that its at least current content.

Personnaly i think you are trolling with such a request :D

With the release of highlighted operations, there no point in doing anything besides kp and ev, IF you are only interested in the top tier gear, however, i am looking for challenging content.

i think that 3.0 HM and a good jump in difficulty, Cora and Revan were a good mix of mechanics and output required to clear the fight, so it doesn't necessarily have to be 'nim', but with the scaling of everything to max level, they have also removed the option of having hard 'hard modes' due to balancing.

Is it my fault for thinking there would be more group content in an MMO?

And no, i'm not trolling

With the release of highlighted operations, there no point in doing anything besides kp and ev, IF you are only interested in the top tier gear, however, i am looking for challenging content.

i think that 3.0 HM and a good jump in difficulty, Cora and Revan were a good mix of mechanics and output required to clear the fight, so it doesn't necessarily have to be 'nim', but with the scaling of everything to max level, they have also removed the option of having hard 'hard modes' due to balancing.

And no, i'm not trolling

Yes that is true, with KP and EV you can get almost full 224 gear and very easy since you just need 2 weeks for it (if they would be after oneanother). Then there is no point of doing anything else, mainly at the start of 4.0 when NiM didnt drop 224 gear. Since people have all achievments from ops already, there is no initiative to do any operations once you get gear, in fact, no point of getting gear, since you get bolster and lvl sync everywhere.

The concept Bioware should have followed is WoW where you simply leave the old operations on their level and keep on bringing new operations and group content. There are so many raids in WoW and most of they can be soloed cause of the level difference. However, Swtor started to have too many people which are not interested in raiding, just dressing up so now we have too much Cartel Market stuff and too little group content.

And no, i'm not trolling

While I agree that flashpoints should receive some buff in terms of loot drops+difficulty (NIM flashpoints wished by many people for years) to make them worth it, I absolutely disagree with your reasoning on 3.0 HM ops - I think that BW screwed it badly - they created challenging pseudo HM/NIMs which were absolutely out of line from previous HMs. This lead to only one thing - non-hardcore raiders were disgusted by overtuned bosses full of bugs and annoyance (Torque, Underlurker) and stopped. Hardcore players finished Revan / Cora in a month and left because there was nothing to fight for any more.

I think that Torque and Lurker drove away more raiding people that actual lack of new ops.

While I agree that flashpoints should receive some buff in terms of loot drops+difficulty (NIM flashpoints wished by many people for years) to make them worth it, I absolutely disagree with your reasoning on 3.0 HM ops - I think that BW screwed it badly - they created challenging pseudo HM/NIMs which were absolutely out of line from previous HMs. This lead to only one thing - non-hardcore raiders were disgusted by overtuned bosses full of bugs and annoyance (Torque, Underlurker) and stopped. Hardcore players finished Revan / Cora in a month and left because there was nothing to fight for any more.

I think that Torque and Lurker drove away more raiding people that actual lack of new ops.

This was because BW chose to do Ops on the cheap and move away from a 3-tier model, yet simultaneously dumbing down the rest of the game creating a playerbase better suited for a 4-tier model.

"Hardmare" was a terrible idea for this game.

Imagine the difference had BW released 3.0 Operations with:

A true LFR "story" mode - equvalent of post-nerf SM TFB Kephess.

Normal mode - roughly equivalent in difficulty to SM Lurker/SS.

Hardmode - equivalent to HM SS or Torque.

Then followed up 2-3 months later with:

NM - Equiv of MB/Cora/Revan

Would this truly have cost them more than the subscriptions they lost? I don't believe that for one second.

3.0 wrecked raiding in this game for the masses. 4.0 wrecked it for the raiding community.

Would this truly have cost them more than the subscriptions they lost? I don't believe that for one second.

I believe i read somewhere that when designing the old ops they always created nims first so hm and sm version were just nerfed versions. If that's true then the cost of additional tier couldn't be that high.

I said in another thread and someone already said it here...the problem is EV and KP. When a player can get 11 of 14 slots from these two operations, there is no reason to do anything else.

IMO they should remove the HM version of these ops, thereby removing them from the HM priority ops rotation, AND these ops should not drop ops tokens. The gear they drop can be the same rating as HMFPs; so no set bonus and not optimal...but good enough for entry into HMOps.

I said in another thread and someone already said it here...the problem is EV and KP. When a player can get 11 of 14 slots from these two operations, there is no reason to do anything else.

IMO they should remove the HM version of these ops, thereby removing them from the HM priority ops rotation, AND these ops should not drop ops tokens. The gear they drop can be the same rating as HMFPs; so no set bonus and not optimal...but good enough for entry into HMOps.

They should just remove the priority ops rotation and leave nim gear drop only from nim ops.

EV and KP are still harder than most HM FPs IMO.

Although this is based off doing quite a few HM FPs and one attempt of EV 8 HM where we wiped 5 times on first boss.

Hardest Content should always give Special and Unique Rewards.

Be it drops, special titles/mounts or special customization-items / looks that you cannot get by taking the easier route.

Reward for Effort.

Well, I've seen PUGs struggling far more to beat a boss than - a mewre guess - a well-trained NIMH player is struggling against a NIMH boss.

I fully believe that there should be reward for PUgs to carry on and beat a boss after the 10th wipe. Yes, you will laugh, and by this deny them the respect they should get after the 10th or so try - most people ragequit after the 3rd or 4rth even without trying ( and learning ) more.

I mean, people LEARN THROUGH WIPES. This was the old way in which boss mechanics were found out - and later put into Guides for everyone lazy to read them.

Lazy, because reading and following a guide is easy.

Wiping several times and THROUGH THIS learning the machanics WITHOUT having ever read ANY guide is still the challenge !

So, PUGs who really do it this way are denied the respect the "first-clearers" got, meanwhile BOTH are doing the same : Finding out boss mechanics with each wipe.

Bot only those who did a "world first" get the laurels. Not the later ones.

To me, this is not fear when both are doing exactly the same - and NOT reading a guide CAN be a conscious decision ! Although no-one would calle it sane, because there are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many guides on the internet right now ...