Incentivize Objectives

Sheike

I've really been wondering lately, why are pvp rewards not calculated based on objective participation? I mean is it intended that we try to work as a team to score points or what? Most hutball matches seem to turn into side-tackle fests, I'd guess due to the fact that there's no palpable incentive to score touchdowns vs. derpsing on the sidelines. Also, if players seem to want to deathmatch so badly, why can't 8 v 8 deatmatch maps be created?

P.S. Props for the positive tanking changes :rak_03:

Been advocating a rework of the medal system for years so it incentives or rewards those trying to win by playing properly. Bioware don’t care and this is why the game is in the state it is.

As much as I would like to see this happen, even if it did it would be too little too late to save pvp.

What incentive do people have, truly?

Ranked 8's have been gone since 2.4, and most of the population as well. Back in the day, playing objectives was something people did because they either wanted to work on strats or wanted to get on a ranked team. Although most guilds never queued up, but that's besides the point.

There isn't an "end game" for 8v8; only scrimmages. There is no penalty for losing. Nor is there any benefit to winning.

I think making wins count more towards the weekly and daily should incentivise people playing objectives. They should be changed like the ranked arena dailies & weeklies were changed, and they should reward Ossus rep tokens (or, if the reputation requirement for gear gets removed, an increased amount of UCs). Edited by Neulwen

What incentive do people have, truly?

Ranked 8's have been gone since 2.4, and most of the population as well. Back in the day, playing objectives was something people did because they either wanted to work on strats or wanted to get on a ranked team. Although most guilds never queued up, but that's besides the point.

There isn't an "end game" for 8v8; only scrimmages. There is no penalty for losing. Nor is there any benefit to winning.

In a more distant future, where hopefully we'll have pvp comms and pvp gear back, various cosmetic items like decorations etc. could also be made to be buyable for pvp comms.