Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Story do you always find yourself repeating and why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which Story do you always find yourself repeating and why?

Vego_Mohenjo
07.15.2019 , 02:08 AM | #11
I keep going back to the Warrior too. It's visceral, and satisfying. Not as well written as the Agent storyline, but it's more directly satisfying, and has a fantastic villain, arguably the best villain in the game in Darth Baras. More, the Warrior has better companions in general, and has the most options romantically (Vette, Jaesa Dark or Jaesa Light).

I once evaluated all the classes, their abilities and stories, and the Warrior was a firm #2 overall. If the Juggernaut's gameplay was better, it might have taken #1 (but the skills are awkward, slow, and don't synergize well, and the class suffers greatly from the ENDLESS stuns, holds, knocks, bumps, blinds, slows, snares, etc.).

P_Line
07.26.2019 , 09:21 PM | #12
Sith, love the story, especially if Iím having a bad day, I can just go around zapping people .

Assassinarian
07.27.2019 , 01:03 AM | #13
Sith Warrior. No matter how many times I play it I can't get enough of it. From running around the galaxy doing Baras' bidding (somewhat akin to Vader doing Palps' bidding); or choking random suckers that were stupid enough to talk me down. Gets even better when:
Spoiler
<Nightmare Squad> Darth Malgus - Darth Azray'ell
"When all the options are wrong, what does it matter which one I choose?"

"My Referral Link, You Get Free Goodies"

Dawgtide
08.01.2019 , 08:01 PM | #14
Just finished about my 8th time on each class over the original story. I know that sounds crazy, but I tend to stop at the end of Corellia. I did that chronological planet storyline order post as I love the stories so much.

So I tend to play all 8 together each time. But I am going to differ from many in this post.

The two I least enjoy are the Inquisitor and Trooper. And it is weird reasoning. The Inquisitor due to those missions that glow gold like I am in dreams. Also, all the running back and forth around Dromund Kaas. The Trooper because I have to go back and forth on Coruscant so much especially at the end of Act 2. I know that sounds petty, but I really like the stories otherwise.

My favorites are probably Bounty Hunter and Dark Side Jedi Knight. I enjoy Mako, Gault, Blizz and Skadge. And the lines by a sarcastic knight are just hilarious, even if the companions are just ok. I tend to dig Smuggler and Light Side Agent too due to the Agent companions like Lokin and Temple and the snarky lines by the Smuggler.
My Crew: * Dielika - Mercenary * Horris - Commando * Tideford - Shadow * Jadefaith - Sniper * Railroad - Guardian * Forestry - Sorcerer * Meagan - Scoundrel * Domenica - Juggarnaut * Chevtex - Gunslinger * Croyle - Powertech * Deere - Marauder * Athahara - Sentinel * Soh Yeon - Sage * Claudia'jo - Assassin * Kyttiara - Vanguard * Staffurd - Operative

JuventusAndFCK
08.02.2019 , 09:34 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawgtide View Post
The Inquisitor due to those missions that glow gold like I am in dreams. Also, all the running back and forth around Dromund Kaas. The Trooper because I have to go back and forth on Coruscant so much especially at the end of Act 2. I know that sounds petty, but I really like the stories otherwise.
In all honesty I sometimes wish there were additional fast travel spots, that you could unlock for continous playthroughs just in general.

I played planetary mission on imp side Corellia a couple of times before I realised that the Tears of Taris have a fast travel spot. It actually makes a difference to your enjoyment as a solo player that you don't have to travel too far between story points like that.

DavidKatski
08.06.2019 , 09:49 PM | #16
On the Pub side I would have to say the Smuggler story line. There just so many opportunities to develop that character from light to dark and anywhere in between. My gunslinger is a crime lord and my ruffian is an outlaw.
On the Imp side, I enjoy the Agent story line the best. Having the opportunity for him/her to go rogue at the end just makes it even better. The Bounty Hunter would come in at a close second with the Sith Warrior after that. The Inquisitor is my least favorite on the Imp side and the Trooper is my least favorite on the Pub side.
Quote:
Lost a planet, Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Xilizhra
08.11.2019 , 06:44 AM | #17
The Sith Inquisitor is my North Star. Imperfect execution, but thematically an amazing and pretty much unmatched tale at least within the Star Wars universe. It really matches the rhythm of the Sith Code throughout, and unlike the Sith Warrior, there's very little awkwardness stemming from being LS.

ruffolofi
08.15.2019 , 10:57 PM | #18
Sith Warrior. For all the reasons already mentioned. What makes it even better is how well Warrior's story works in the expansions.

Imperial Agent. Imp Agent has a lot of replay value due to the multiple choice ending.

From Republic classes: Knight. I love Kira and Scourge and how closely the Knights story resembles Revan.

Chibup
Yesterday , 08:42 PM | #19
Always have time for another agent run.
There is no question, there is discipline.
There is no strife, only brotherhood.
There is no fear, only duty.
There are no enemies...my blaster took care of them.