Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

@Eric

You have given APAC players higher latency and a very minimal population boost of US players that play in APAC Peek time.

Actually it is a very substantial population boost. There are a lot more people on US server at AUS peak time than their are on Master D at the same time.

@Eric

The option put forward by the APAC community was to merge our servers together, it might not be perfect but we keep our low ping and increase the population slightly.

No, that was ONE option out of many.

In that survey, a majority would have been happy with a merger.

In that same survey, a majority would have been with server transfers.

Only 92 or so people took that survey. That surely does not speak for the APAC community as a whole.

Edited by iheartnyc

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, I just had to deal with a full quarter of my guild including some of our top ops team members announcing that they are canceling their subscriptions because the lag on a US server will be unplayable at top levels.

*slowclap*

Well done, Bioware, well done.

Just the same as me. As a Guildmaster on Dalborra my members are telling me how they're going to quit. They're not doing us harm, though. That's Bioware who's doing that. Now my Guild is paying the price.

Bioware, look at all of these posts in the forums. Surely you're not thick enough to miss the fact you've made a decision that will tear apart your community of Australian/Pacific players?

Hey Eric

I am in vote for all realm merger as dalborra is well populated and its only the other two that have low pop. I mean i can still pvp at 3 in the morning

Buf if its back to the America servers when is it going to happen? Which is better ping for us west or east coastt? And best pve realm?

Thanks

Ironic how you feel justified in stating your opinion and then castigate others for doing the same.

Sorry your opinion on this subject means almost nothing because you are based on a US server now. We are not. Of course you know people who are planning on satying. They are the ones who would have already moved off the server and who have no ties to APAC servers anymore.

Hey Eric

I am in vote for all realm merger as dalborra is well populated and its only the other two that have low pop. I mean i can still pvp at 3 in the morning

Buf if its back to the America servers when is it going to happen? Which is better ping for us west or east coastt? And best pve realm?

Thanks

This man is talking sense.

I get that you are a troll. Grats on not having a life.

Lol keep pew pewing about a game that you will or will not continue playing and accusing others of not having a life. Just unsub and leave already. I'll buy 10,000 cartel points when 2.0 hits to cover your annual subscription loss. Bye.

Sorry your opinion on this subject means almost nothing because you are based on a US server now. We are not. Of course you know people who are planning on satying. They are the ones who would have already moved off the server and who have no ties to APAC servers anymore.

Those of us who have rerolled have invested just as much if not more on our toons and our guilds on APAC as those who have remained. Absurd to think that we don't have a stake in the outocme of this.

Lol keep pew pewing about a game that you will or will not continue playing and accusing others of not having a life. Just unsub and leave already. I'll buy 10,000 cartel points when 2.0 hits to cover your annual subscription loss. Bye.

You have toons on Bastion and are American. You are only here, trying to stir people up so that somebody will give you attention, good or bad, just some form of attention. This is classic behaviour exhibited by somebody who was not loved by their parents, is not sexually attractive and so desperate for human interaction that they would anger random online strangers just so that somebody will acknowledge that you are alive.

You have toons on Bastion and are American. You are only here, trying to stir people up so that somebody will give you attention, good or bad, just some form of attention. This is classic behaviour exhibited by somebody who was not loved by their parents, is not sexually attractive and so desperate for human interaction that they would anger random online strangers just so that somebody will acknowledge that you are alive.

Lol I'm NOT AMERICAN. And I'm getting married in September so at least 1 person finds me sexually attractive. Let's see how long that lasts.

And I am "only here" because I was friends with the OP and we had an idea to create a thread on these forums to try to find a solution while chatting on vent early last summer. And now you're posting on it. Pew pew.

The only thing you're correct about is, I think my dad loves my brother more than me.

Edited by iheartnyc

Well the first I heard about this merger was today. How long has it been in the planning. I see comments from some guy called "Eric", no idea who he is, but if he has anything to do with customer service, he's lacking in his job.

So the asked the forums...how many players actually read the forums.

They got 92 response...that just goes to show you.

If they were serious about polling the APAC player base, they should have at least sent an email out to everyone who has characters on those servers. Not really hard to do. Run a cross-level query against your player base on the 3 servers against billing information to provide a mailing list. Remove any duplicates, then attach a link to the poll and Jacks your Aunty.

I mean they can spam crap emails about the latest items being released in the Cartel, but can't do a simple email to address a major issue to the APAC community.

Edited by Jinsali

So do I!

You have a name iheartnyc. Nobody who has visited that crime-ridden cesspool loves it unless they live there and don't know any better.

Off-topic. Please direct your insults to me, not my beloved city.

Edited by iheartnyc

Good job bioware.

I started on the Harbringer when the game launched, and have been a subscriber since launch. I transfered with my guild to Dalborra when APAC servers launched, moved from a 200-250 ping to a 20-35ping. This made the game much more enjoyable and stopped you getting owned (most of the time) in pvp. Raiding was better on a low ping server as lag was no longer the reason for wiping.

There seems to be a consistant population on dalborra and the ques aren't to slow. It would make sense to merge the three APAC servers but its more about reducing costs than supporting their subscribers.

Unfortunately I will probably unsub with the rest of my guild as not prepared to go back to the high ping and server ques I experienced before.

You have a name iheartnyc. Nobody who has visited that crime-ridden cesspool loves it unless they live there and don't know any better.

I just wanted to address the whole NYC issue. There are plenty of reasons to hate NYC, but it's not even in the top 5 worst cities anymore. Now if someone had iheartdetroit, they might need their head checked.

What a complete joke. You guys (read: Bioware) waited 7 months to tell us

to put it simply, even merging all of APAC together into one server would not solve the population problems. Even with that solution you would still see long queue times for things like Warzones and Group Finder. It was because of this that we decided that moving APAC into the NA servers was the best option.

So how about you tell us what it would have looked like 7 MONTHS AGO WHEN WE FIRST RAISED THE ISSUE? But no you guys sat on your arses for 7 months and let the servers deteriorate to their current state.

Sending the APAC community to 3 separate NA servers DOES NOT SOLVE ANYTHING. The simple fact is the peak time at which the APAC community plays is what constitutes the quietest time of the day for the NA servers. So all you'll end up with is continuing complaints about long ques... But it seams as though you guys couldn't care less about the consequences of what you are doing as demonstrated by the 7 month track record of completely disregarding the APAC community.