Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Note on General Performance Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
A Note on General Performance Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BigSkill
02.10.2012 , 02:21 PM | #901
Quote: Originally Posted by talligan View Post
See: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=249030 about the HDD bottlenecking bit. Basically the engine stops and waits for data to be pulled from the HDD, if your SWTOR files are fragmented then this effect will be considerably worse. Use SmartDefrag, it publishes a report telling you which files are fragmented - keep defragging until the SWTOR files disappear from that list.

Does your laptop use a dedicated graphics or is it integrated with shared memory?
I will try.

Is a dedicated graphic card. ATI Hd mobility 5xxxx.
AXIS of Blood

Gifloun
02.11.2012 , 09:26 AM | #902
Why did they unsticky this thread?????
!!!!!ii‾δ‾‾Pך▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

MPipkiN
02.11.2012 , 09:34 AM | #903
Just because this so-called "guide" is absolutely useless and many standard users found better ways, how to do developers work instead of them ..

Angorak
02.11.2012 , 09:59 AM | #904
Quote: Originally Posted by Goodmonson View Post
Name one MMORPG that was this polished and worked this well at launch?
Name one MMORPG that even listened or considered anything the consumers had to say this close to the launch date. I have been part of Beta for every single AAA MMO that has come out in the last 10 years.
I have had troubles and issues with the game to be sure. They will be addressed in time. They have provided you with valid workarounds to fix these issues. Some people are taking it as an insult that they may have to tweak there settings at bit to enjoy full frame rate.

Most importantly can you name one game within the last 10 years of PC gaming that worked across all systems across the whole planet equally that was not a browser based Zynga game?

The game is less than 2 months old. WoW wasnt barely playable well into month 6. That is if you could even get in through the 6 hour queues. This is not WoW but it is an MMO and all MMOs have growing pains. Its just how it works.

You do have the right as consumers to not play the game. You can go you dont have to pay the 15 bucks. You bought you didnt like it so go away. To whine and complain about something wont fix a thing. However you could be in the game trying to make it better. Provide Bug Fixes. Send Feedback in game. Report Exploits. Help the game out if you want to play it. If you dont and you want a 100% non configurable working product, then stick to consoles. The games look like crap and play like crap but you can safely say that everyone's crappy copy of the game is doing the same thing yours is.

I am not Defending Bioware but what I am defending is common sense. If you dont like it then dont play it. If you do like it then try and make it better. Its easy to do. Hit the \ key and send a ticket explaining each new bug,exploit, or suggestion you might have. Thats why the ticketing system is built into the game in the first place.
This +1
Some of these negative posts could have been copied and pasted from every other game forums after launch...rather tiresome really. If ya don't like it quit. Curious how my system access to the same game code yields 45 to 95 fps consistantly.

JJisagod
02.11.2012 , 10:02 AM | #905
I'm sure many have already said this, I didn't go through all of the responses, but while I'm a big fan of this game, this statement issued is crap. There's nothing wrong on my end as far as performance issues are concerned. I'm running a Quad i7 with a 1.5 GB graphics card with the ability to run max settings on any high end first person shooter that's out there. I can even have a million tabs open in firefox, burn a CD, run fraps, and who knows what else and still not have performance issues. The problem is truly the game engine. While I'm certain this will eventually be addressed, as a paying customer, I would like for you guys to own up to the fact that using an engine that isn't the best for MMOs was a bad move and you'll rectify the situation instead of essentially placing the blame on your customers because our systems can't handle it. I shouldn't have to play the game on low settings.

Gifloun
02.11.2012 , 10:19 AM | #906
Quote: Originally Posted by JJisagod View Post
I'm sure many have already said this, I didn't go through all of the responses, but while I'm a big fan of this game, this statement issued is crap. There's nothing wrong on my end as far as performance issues are concerned. I'm running a Quad i7 with a 1.5 GB graphics card with the ability to run max settings on any high end first person shooter that's out there. I can even have a million tabs open in firefox, burn a CD, run fraps, and who knows what else and still not have performance issues. The problem is truly the game engine. While I'm certain this will eventually be addressed, as a paying customer, I would like for you guys to own up to the fact that using an engine that isn't the best for MMOs was a bad move and you'll rectify the situation instead of essentially placing the blame on your customers because our systems can't handle it. I shouldn't have to play the game on low settings.
+1 Amigo!!

I just want them to say, "Hey, we are aware of this issue/issues, and we are working on it and the fix will be (Date Inserted) (Patch Number)

"Again we are sorry for the inconvience."

Gifloun
02.11.2012 , 10:21 AM | #907
Also note, if you are thinking of upgrading your machine just to play SWTOR DONT!!!!!

I just upgraded my machine, because I always put a little money into it here an dthere, and I upgraded to a SATA III MOBO/DDR3 over DDR2 Ram (800Mhz to 1866) and a Sata III SSD...

I saw NO IMPROVEMENT!! NONE!!! Load times are not even that much faster off the SSD!!Well they maybe a little faster but still!

Good news is I got about 10-15 more FPS in BF3!!

BigSkill
02.11.2012 , 01:31 PM | #908
Just you guys know, i try resinstalling old mother Video driver for ATI VGA and i gain 9 fps ....
Looks like wasnt a HD problem.... dont ask me why but this game is doing what he want.....
AXIS of Blood

FucUese
02.12.2012 , 06:49 AM | #909
Alright... I think I need help... Running AMD FX-6100 Six-Core 3.30 Ghz, 10GB DDR3 Ram, Radeon HD 7450 1GB DDR3 dedicated Ram.
Can anyone tell me why my game runs at like 10-15 fps? When I have a crap lap top with AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M 1.6 Ghz, 4GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6520G that can run everything on high where I only have huge problems in pvp. I mean the game isn't smooth at all, but it's not noticeable like it is on my desktop. Not a PC gamer at all I prefer my consoles... I bought the lap top to try the game. Had some problems here and there, then got into PvP and went into frame drop hell, so I figured... buy a desktop. Installed the game and its worse than my laptop. I know they aren't high end at all. And I'm not looking for the ULTIMATE PC experience. I just want something that can play PvP where I'm not fighting someone in front of me and a split second later they are behind me, above me, 20 feet away from me. Both of the settings are set the same on both. To my surprise the laptop runs the game smoother. By far! Very confused please help.

Gifloun
02.12.2012 , 07:12 AM | #910
The sad fact that they unstickied their "Performance guide" shows you how much they care about this problem.