Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Note on General Performance Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
A Note on General Performance Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Flemshinn
02.23.2012 , 11:53 AM | #1011
so this was the last official message over three weeks ago? think we are long overdue for some kind of actual response to this instead of just getting the runaround.

Rikeryo
02.24.2012 , 05:47 AM | #1012
hey joveth, what's the current status?
5% club member

Biytor
02.24.2012 , 07:20 AM | #1013
Interesting...

I started Blue Screening after this latest patch and my CPU temp is going through the roof now. Fixing the problems is not a priority it seems.

RikiWataru
02.24.2012 , 04:48 PM | #1014
I'd really love if they just admitted their 'fixes' and patches have done more harm than good and scrap it all, going back to the damn Beta/launch build.

If they want to start fixing **** again from there, awesome, but right now they've got more harm than good introduced and it keeps getting worse, not clearing up. The patches have been the problem.

dhazelwood
02.26.2012 , 12:38 AM | #1015
At least they admitted that Warzones have low FPS even on high end machines.
Ohhh Hurro prease.

darkspacee
02.26.2012 , 12:47 AM | #1016
im just gunna sum up what everyone else is saying, bioware your graphics engine is waay to advanced for our comps to play, we can run any other mmo no prob but with ur game we cant, we shouldn't have to buy a new comp or new hardware just to play one game, its ur engine and u guys need to fix it or tone it down, for the amount of money that we players are paying we should be able to play ur game but we cant and it feels like were wasting our money, please fix your graphics

Zorvan
02.26.2012 , 04:17 AM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by darkspacee View Post
im just gunna sum up what everyone else is saying, bioware your graphics engine is waay to advanced for our comps to play, we can run any other mmo no prob but with ur game we cant, we shouldn't have to buy a new comp or new hardware just to play one game, its ur engine and u guys need to fix it or tone it down, for the amount of money that we players are paying we should be able to play ur game but we cant and it feels like were wasting our money, please fix your graphics
No, their engine is crap. There is nothing "advanced" about EAware's butchered version of the Heroengine in the slightest.

ForeTwenty
02.26.2012 , 11:15 AM | #1018
You can add me to the list of higher-end machine users that can run everything else great on max settings,but SWTOR has choppy framerates every min.or so,even on lowest settings and resolutions,rofl.I raid,and I can barely time the Soa jumps its so darn crappy.I doubt nightmnare modes will be forgiving.I will be canceling subscription when it's up if this crap persists.I see a huge drop in players after the 6month scripts are up.If I can't raid effectively because of your weak engine,I won't play.Period.
I smell fear in the Jedi...and I breathe,deep

bakermic
02.26.2012 , 10:04 PM | #1019
Thank You! I never would have thought turning off my shadows would help thanks!

OK...so ill just log in...and Graphics>Advanced>Shadows and WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT....already OFF?

that would mean this thread is kind of pointless?

I have a low-end computer that meets basic requirements and are content with 25-35 fps running around in big open spaces outside and inside....UNTILL i see ANY kind of graphic that moves or uses LOTS of particles....then i enjoy my game at...5-12 fps depending on the severity.

Bioware you have thousands of people dieing to give you information trying to help but all I've seen in response to their charity and support is an automated stonewalling of your valued customers.

Elkantar
02.27.2012 , 11:58 AM | #1020
Mhm is gonzales fired? he lost his job after he got bashed by people who know more about his engine then him?

Where is your fix bioware?
And why you stopped to try to troll us with some people like this gonzales?