**TWO HOURS in Queue and no FP, at peak gaming time.

mattkingsw

Seriously..

Either make queues cross server, or allow people on 'vacant' servers like Jung-Ma to transfer off. I have NOT been able to complete a FP in nearly 3 days.. Why? 3 days nothing has popped, close to 8 hours of gaming time WAITING for a pop.. I'm ready to unsub and go play Neverwinter if this crap isn't addressed.

You guys on busy servers probably get queues. You are lucky.. Jung-Ma is a ghost town in comparison, and queues rarely if ever happen. Gearing up is virtually impossible. Stop worrying about stupid crap like fixing Revan's hood, or adding new useless junk to the cartel, and improve the quality of the game for everyone!!!!

The best solution is to do what Rift did.. Make Warzones and FP"s cross server.. It' eliminates the issues immediately. I cannot understand how this game was developed without that functionality. :mad:

Edited by mattkingsw

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess, DPS?

:cool:

DPS, but on my tank I waited an hour last night and gave up.. So it appears universal.. Interesting thing.. In the last FP I actually did (4 days ago), our tank disconnected, and we rolled right through with all DPS and 1 healer and HK. Tanks aren't really all that necessary in some cases. But I wish they had a 'support' role DPS could fill, instead of tank/heal/DPS/DPS..

Nevertheless, until this problem is fixed the quality of experience is CRAP in this game.

The best solution is to do what Rift did.. Make Warzones and FP"s cross server.. It' eliminates the issues immediately. I cannot understand how this game was developed without that functionality. :mad:

Cross server eliminates the problem not at all.

There is not a single server, where tanks are waiting longer than a few minutes at most.... This makes tanks the bottleneck on each single server and even if all queues were added to one large one, the percentage of tanks would not rise at all and people in the giant queue would still be waiting for a tank to queue.

Second after tanks are healers, but they are less of a bottleneck than tanks it seems.

Show me a single server, where tanks are waiting more than 15 minutes at prime time for a FP-invite (lvl 50-55!) and I will support your suggestion. Until then, I do not want cross server features (knowing them from Rift).

Show me a single server, where tanks are waiting more than 15 minutes at prime time for a FP-invite (lvl 50-55!) and I will support your suggestion. Until then, I do not want cross server features (knowing them from Rift).

Well, the OP just said that he waited for an hour as a tank. So....does that count?

Are you queueing for L55 ops or flashpoints or 50? I don't think a whole lot of people are doing queues for 55 ops because they are much more difficult outside of a guild. I've never attempted one and I don't intend to outside of a guild.

The longest that I ever had to wait for a L50 HM flashpoint on The Harbinger was about 20 seconds (me = tank). Every other time was instant.

Edited by teclado

Cross server won't help....it'll just be an even bigger dps bottleneck. I never played much Rift, but other games with cross server queues seem to have the same problem. Only thing they could do is offer some extra incentives for the role that is in low supply, like a certain other game did. Or make instances super easy and fast and eliminate all need for CC, like the other game did. Which still won't give dps fast queues. At max level my queue times as dps are pretty good, it's leveling through the 38-48 levels that it tends to be rough. Edited by chuixupu

As a tank, I never have to wait more than a few minutes for an FP. I can't remember the last time I had to wait more than... 10 mins.

On my dps, it is is another story. My solution is to que up with a guildy who is a tank or heals. It is almost instant. BTW, I agree that cross-server will not help. The ratio doesn't vary much between servers.

I wait on my healer sometimes, but never on my tank.

Now the kicker: I won't que for Random HM FP's or OPS without a premade group. The new content requires too much coordination and frankly I'm sick and tired of DPS just being complete morons. It's bad enough tanking in sub-par gear, but healing a group of DPS that pull agro before the tank even has pulled has pushed me to the edge of just not queing for randoms.

I love the new content being harder and wouldn't change that for a minute, but the level of complexity requires those that are used to rolling 50 FP's in Dread Gear to pay attention. Throw in the fact that healer agro is crap now and mob's hit WAY harder it's a pain in the butt to random HM FP's now. (Plus the good ole "Shackle Bug", but don't get me started on that LOL).

Prior to server mergers I had the same thing on Mask of Nihilus and then on Drooga's - So OP I feel your pain buddy. Many days I waited to play an FP and almost managed to get a single OP in each week on at least one toon.

I wait on my healer sometimes, but never on my tank.

Now the kicker: I won't que for Random HM FP's or OPS without a premade group. The new content requires too much coordination and frankly I'm sick and tired of DPS just being complete morons. It's bad enough tanking in sub-par gear, but healing a group of DPS that pull agro before the tank even has pulled has pushed me to the edge of just not queing for randoms.

You just summed up the situation for many tanks and healers across the servers. I wouldn't worry about it too much OP. The content is new, and once people start getting geared up, and are able to faceroll content, people will start doing group finder again. I have to ask though, are you guildless? This may be part of the larger issue you are facing. Much of this content is geared for people to do with friends. I would suggest joining a guild. That would be a good place to start

DPS, but on my tank I waited an hour last night and gave up..

I call BS. Unless of course you have encouraged most of the server to put you on ignore.

And cross-server queues? Do you think that there is a server out there loaded with tanks and healers that will balance everything out?

Edited by TheBBP

No, we don't need cross-server queues. That's not going to change the distribution of the players between tank, heals and DPS anyway. You're just going to have that many more DPS players competing over the slots. Plus, I think it's good that people who act like jerks on their server have to wait longer in queues because people put them on their ignore list.

It's a serious issue. I have been in queue for nearly 1 hour on my OPs as healer. Nothing. It's a huge and frustrating waste of gaming time.

OP is 100% correct in that something has to be done about these bottlenecks.

Edited by Brannicus

It's a serious issue. I have been in queue for nearly 1 hour on my OPs as healer. Nothing. It's a huge and frustrating waste of gaming time.

OP is 100% correct in that something has to be done about these bottlenecks.

Queuing for ops is a much different beast than queuing for a flashpoint.

Either way, what do you propose be done to provide more of another class so that you can get a quick queue?

Edited by TheBBP

DPS, but on my tank I waited an hour last night and gave up.. So it appears universal.. Interesting thing.. In the last FP I actually did (4 days ago), our tank disconnected, and we rolled right through with all DPS and 1 healer and HK. Tanks aren't really all that necessary in some cases. But I wish they had a 'support' role DPS could fill, instead of tank/heal/DPS/DPS..

Nevertheless, until this problem is fixed the quality of experience is CRAP in this game.

Conclusion... roll a healer. :p J/K :D

What server? Jung-Ma?

Just going to have to wait for the server transfer process to go live. I know.. sux... but it what it is.

Edited by Andryah

We need cross server queues NOW!!!!

Month after it comes out.

I waited 2hrs and when I finial got a group the Merc rolled need on light armor!!!!

Everyone that cries for cross-server FP, I think just wants ninja crap for their alts. Cross server queues don't fix the problem they only add problems.

To fix the issue look at what WoW did; offered bonus rewards for tanks or healers to run more FP then the daily because their cross server only add more problems and didn't lower the queue. Here is the greatest idea EVER stop being a ***hole and maybe tanks or healers would be your friend.

We need cross server queues NOW!!!!

Month after it comes out.

I waited 2hrs and when I finial got a group the Merc rolled need on light armor!!!!

Everyone that cries for cross-server FP, I think just wants ninja crap for their alts. Cross server queues don't fix the problem they only add problems.

To fix the issue look at what WoW did; offered bonus rewards for tanks or healers to run more FP then the daily because their cross server only add more problems and didn't lower the queue. Here is the greatest idea EVER stop being a ***hole and maybe tanks or healers would be your friend.

On this, Warrgames, we agree. :D

Here is the greatest idea EVER stop being a ***hole and maybe tanks or healers would be your friend.

Too true. Tanks and healers take a lot of abuse when things don't go as smoothly as they like, and very few people seem to have the patience to help a new tank learn the ropes. It's no surprise that people are hesitant to start playing one.

What if bioware were to offer tanks and healers cartel coins for running x amount of fps and ops. That would be cool. I know id que more.

LOL, have you been around the forums long? You can imagine the indignant fury if someone got something more than someone else.

The ONLY reason you would have to wait that long as a tank is if you are on everyone's ignore list. I'm guessing you're one of those idiots that posts all the jawa movies in general chat. Those people get an auto ignore from me and many others.

Cross server eliminates the problem not at all.

There is not a single server, where tanks are waiting longer than a few minutes at most.... This makes tanks the bottleneck on each single server and even if all queues were added to one large one, the percentage of tanks would not rise at all and people in the giant queue would still be waiting for a tank to queue.

Second after tanks are healers, but they are less of a bottleneck than tanks it seems.

Thanks for the laugh but no. You can turn the coin over and see that if my server has ZERO tanks queueing at a certain time. I will NEVER get a queue. If another server has 12 tanks queueing at this same time then I have a much better chance of getting a queue then with ZERO. Sure it bottlenecks them in with other servers and still makes me have a wait time but it gives me a chance of getting a queue once the FP is over. How is 12 less than 0? That doesn't make any sense.