The Community Taking Action

Riggz

Why do you think Im unsubscribing on May the 4th Urd?

~Rav

Bioware has made it clear they either A.) Don't care about PvP to fix the problems with it or B.) Completely incompetent and can't.

Here are the many problems and I'm not listing them all

1.) Augment glitch in PvP

2.) Enhancement glitch in PvP

3.) PvE Gear is superior to PvP Gear

4.) Bolster is an absolute joke

5.) The TTK is shorter than a FPS

We as a community need to give them a deadline to have these problems fixed or we unsub. If by June 1st every single problem isn't fixed, well I know quite a few people who are quitting.

This game has so much potential but the developers at Bioware either A.) Have no idea what they are doing B.) Are controlled by their EA overlords and can't be allowed to do their job C.) Just don't give a damn

I've played Oblivion and Skyrim, and if you think ESO is going to be anywhere near balanced, good luck with that. No MMO is flawless. In fact, I expect a ton of bugs/glitches in that game, having playing the others.

shhhhh! don't spoil the surprise :D

I am quite surprised at the lack of comments from the Devs, especially since the patch. It obviously has not fixed the issues, and there is a deafening silence. That, in and of itself, is not good public relations or news. It makes people infer that they either don't care or don't have any way to fix that. Those aren't good either.

I think they are in major trouble now. Nothing I've seen from them makes me think they can pull the plane out of the death spiral it's in.

If devs spent all their time reading and commenting on the 101 redundant threads on bolster we would still be at 800k hp fail

Good PR doesn't mean good work

I'm not saying bolster is great but give BW time, remember they patch on weekly basis not every hour

With the epic fail from the too-early bolster BW is taking the slow and steady route it seems.

Every Tuesday since 2.0 realize they have picked off bolster bugs - slowly very slowly bolster is being fixed and tuned

But honestly I'd rather BW take their time then try to do it all at once and create heaven knows how many issues

Wasn't GW2 supposed to do that?

Every new game is suppose to lay waste to any older games, ESO will be a good game I am sure I plan on playing it but it is a different kinda game, not going to be your standard wow clone thank the maker.. :)

And does threating to unsub carry the same weight in a free to play game ? with people buying cartel packs like crazy what do they care about a squatty 14.99 a month sub, but I think it can still be a way to show displeasure with the product, maybe if there is enough mass unsubbing they might raise an eyebrow, I dunno anymore..:confused:

1.) Augment glitch in PvP

2.) Enhancement glitch in PvP

Annoying, yes. Gamebreaking, no. At least in my opinion.

3.) PvE Gear is superior to PvP Gear

So wear PvE gear? I mean...if the goal is to equip the best gear you can, then do that. Are you wearing PvP gear to prove a point? So that you have something to complain about? This is a non-issue.

4.) Bolster is an absolute joke

Kind of goes with the above theme. If you were reliant on the gear gap before, then you're going to be crushed by the Bolster system. Equip what works, because some of it obviously does, and stop whining about it.

5.) The TTK is shorter than a FPS

Focus fire. Look into it.

I'm just not seeing a lot of these issues, and I play several different characters in pre-55 and 55 PvP. It seems like every time there is a change or update, the bads come out from under their rocks and whine about how terrible things are and that the next game coming down the pipes will be SWTOR's end. Still waiting on Diablo 3 and GW2 to do that...hasn't happened yet.

The only changes I'm seeing are fresh faces in PvP, PUGs being competitive with previously dominant premades, and some specs (like tanks) actually being viable now. The ones who seem to be complaining the most are the bads who used their gear crutch to dominate, and who are now facing players who have equal or better gear, and are getting their asses handed to them.

Your an idiot. I wish you were on my server so I could farm the hell out of you for thinking you know anything about pvp.

Deafening silence is what Bioware do when there is an issue they know they can't fix or when they think our opinion on the subject doesn't matter. Their crappy game engine is definitely one thing they can't fix. They can't seem to implement/change anything without adversely affecting something else. That right there is a sign of an extremely poorly made engine, which is also the reason it runs so badly and why game breaking bugs will manifest out of the blue patch after patch. I can only imagine the convoluted and messy way game assets interconnect with one another to be able to break things so easily when they change the smallest of things.

People will tell you a lot of reasons what they believe the death of SWTOR to be. For me and pretty much everyone I know who's opinions I respect, it was patch 1.2. Not only did it put a massively sour taste in your mouth, but the shear lack of respect for the community by the game developers is what killed it. Days pass...no meaningful feedback on players distaste of the lower TTK. Weeks pass...still nothing. Months pass...I think they're trying to tell us something! "We don't care what you all think, this is how we want the game you pay to play to be, so like it or leave it." That is the message me and all my friends got, a guild of 30+ people. So guess what? We all left....

all of this ^^^. Especially, this ^^^.

Edited by T-Assassin

Your an idiot. I wish you were on my server so I could farm the hell out of you for thinking you know anything about pvp.

It's "you're". Before you call someone else an idiot, at least try not to look like a 3rd grader. You're more than welcome to come and give it a shot, internet tough guy. I'll be waiting.

Edited by TheronFett