Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After playing Group Ranked tonight, healers need to be buffed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
After playing Group Ranked tonight, healers need to be buffed

jedcjedcjedc
11.16.2019 , 03:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow-Canadian View Post
You may want to take a hard look at commando healers for pvp now. The extra utility point and utility tree rearrangement has made them a lot stronger for pvp healing. They can achieve ridiculous levels of casting immunity now and with the right utilities can face tank multiple dps. The tactical that lets them cast medical probe while moving is a one item wonder for pvp.

The problem with commando healing wasn't the output, but they had to be immobile to put out the numbers and they just got shut down too easily. With 6.0 those weaknesses are gone and they are by far the tankiest healer with the most mobility.

I put up a few videos of me healing using a facetank build for pvp on my youtube channel. Might be useful for those curious how commandos are doing now.

I agree with the sentiment that 6.0 has really tilted the balance towards dps.
the main problem I have is there doesn't seem to be a way to realistically keep up. Like most classes will hit multiple abilities in the 50-80k range while I'm over there hoping my heal will crit for 40k because the 20k non crit just isn't effective. I had a regs match the other day where I healed 10k hps and took over 7 million damage. I don't mention that to brag or because I think that is some super high number, quite the opposite actually. It's to point out that there is just sooo much damage being pumped out right now, healers are less and less effective at even being a stalling method anymore, let alone contributors. I know one of the best bg mercs on the server (with relative certainty, I've yet to see one better) and one of his highs is a bit over 15k in regs. More often than not, there will be a dps matching that and a second dps not far behind.

It's the age old discussion that's been going on in this game for years. one side thinks that a healer should die to a single dps while the other states that if a healer goes down against a single dps, what's the point of bringing one at all? just being another dps and it's a net gain.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

helpmewin
11.16.2019 , 03:35 AM | #22
This game was all about guard swap in competetive gameplay. If we back in times 1 tank keeps alive all team in 8*8 RWZ - healers was much less OPness and DPS can't fly around map and don't have 200 dcds and 5 escapes/immunes. Everything was ruined. Don't try to copy/paste WoW or if u want to - try to do it right, not as it now.

DiavoIa
11.16.2019 , 04:52 AM | #23
The clear resolution to all ranked problems and pvp problems is this

Take guard away from dps spec'd classes.

helpmewin
11.16.2019 , 05:00 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DiavoIa View Post
The clear resolution to all ranked problems and pvp problems is this

Take guard away from dps spec'd classes.
Actually it was a big misake to give it. They even should go throu this way and take away even taunt and give intstead trauma.

DiavoIa
11.16.2019 , 05:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by helpmewin View Post
Actually it was a big misake to give it. They even should go throu this way and take away even taunt and give intstead trauma.
I'm not too bothered about taunt, don't find issue with dps having it, however they definitely shouldn't have guard. Think about it though, if what krea is saying is correct, how much of an impact would this have on solo ranked?

omaan
11.16.2019 , 05:15 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
I love when people pretend that group ranked is relevant. It was completely dead throughout season 11. I predict it will get played by a few decent teams in the first few weeks of season 12. Then the decent teams will start dodging each other, and the queues will die rather quickly...again.
Naive. It will be first weeks decent team playing and then wintraders queueing against their friends/guild mates geting easy top spots while decent teams get nothing

omaan
11.16.2019 , 05:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
One final point. Krea, if you really want to see 4s you should come SF with your team. Most of the players in ur screenshots have NA toons. And its not like it is that taboo for EU players to come NA. NA players have been going EU for years now.
Ouh oh what makes sf better than EU? Both tr and sr is much more active on dm than sf and you can check season 11 leaderboards for that. Let people play where they want to play

Tharianus
11.16.2019 , 05:38 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post
Yep healer balance is very off now.
Merc has the best defs, mobility and burst healing now.

Please buff the other healer classes or nerf merc healer.
Preferebly buff because nobody likes nerfs :P
Are you a sorc healer? Sorc Heals were OP for almost a decade... now other healers are on par with sorc heals and you ask for a nerf.... interesting.... btw a lot of Merc HPS (numbers) coming from DCDs do not forget that.

Btt:
I agree with Kre'a healing is way too low compared to DPS.. i mean TTK was way too high in the past but now....
Tharī
<Special Forces> Germany
The Dread Commando
Twitch Channel

Fellow-Canadian
11.16.2019 , 05:48 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jedcjedcjedc View Post
the main problem I have is there doesn't seem to be a way to realistically keep up. Like most classes will hit multiple abilities in the 50-80k range while I'm over there hoping my heal will crit for 40k because the 20k non crit just isn't effective. I had a regs match the other day where I healed 10k hps and took over 7 million damage. I don't mention that to brag or because I think that is some super high number, quite the opposite actually. It's to point out that there is just sooo much damage being pumped out right now, healers are less and less effective at even being a stalling method anymore, let alone contributors. I know one of the best bg mercs on the server (with relative certainty, I've yet to see one better) and one of his highs is a bit over 15k in regs. More often than not, there will be a dps matching that and a second dps not far behind.

It's the age old discussion that's been going on in this game for years. one side thinks that a healer should die to a single dps while the other states that if a healer goes down against a single dps, what's the point of bringing one at all? just being another dps and it's a net gain.
I feel the same way right now about DPS being a bit overtuned compared to healing output. I have actually had people die on me where I am spamming heals and it's sometimes just not enough.

I made the recommendation to look at commando healers for pvp since they're really well adapted to being a damage sponge. I find now I must roll with high casting immunity as protection because being able to spam healing now is such a necessity.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

Ahwassa
11.16.2019 , 06:19 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharianus View Post
Are you a sorc healer? Sorc Heals were OP for almost a decade... now other healers are on par with sorc heals and you ask for a nerf....
I play both and before 6.0 merc and sorc were equaly good in pvp and pve.
In Ops (depending on the boss) both had their advantages.

I have a friend who mains merc heal in pvp and he was a beast in 5.0 and basicaly unkillable and is even more so now. Sorcs were not op.
Now with the moving rapid scan tactical, mercs are op.

And I don´t want them to get nerfed. I want the others to get buffed.
Healers should do 1,5 more healing than the dps do damage. Else why bring a healer?