My Sage Needs Double Strike Returned Please

TerryWHobson

As my rotations are now stuffed for my trooper, bounty hunter, Imperial agent and smuggler...

can you please give back double strike to my Sages and Sorcerers Please?

i feel you took it away from sages/sorcerers for the wrong reasons.

Err what would those reasons be? Except at really low levels you shouldn't be using double strike in your sage/sorc rotation anyway...

not very good at explaining this but here goes

companion in attack mode dps

attacking

rock throw - telekenitic throw - then double strike, plus 3 interupts

then healing

shield - the heal move that takes 2 seconds to work - the heal move that heals over 4 seconds plus force mend.

reason for taking it away could have been sage/sorcerer too powerful

in devs opinion the move is not needed for us

hope that helps

the reason why they took it away is cause its a melee skill, your a sage/sorc your a ranged class not melee.

Its like how they took away flamethrower for Mercs, its because that skill is more of a melee oriented ability than a ranged ability, or how they took Death From Above away from Powertechs because its a ranged ability not melee.

Edited by weeklymar

When you are in heal spec but still trying to dps, you'll want to use the following in this order:

Mind Crush > Weaken Mind (if the enemy has enough health, its a 18 second dot) > Project > Telekinetic Throw > Disturbance. All of those on CD except Weaken Mind should be refreshed when it runs out. And disturbance does not have a CD, so you can just keep using that if everything else is not available.

Hilariously enough, it WAS actually better dps than lightning strike for heal sorc since they turned willpower/strength/cunning/aim into one-size-fits-all mastery.

If you remember well, Double strike/trash didnt use to receive any power bonus from willpower, then it did from mastery, increasing its damage. It was still mostly worthless safe some VERY niche occasion, but it was useful to have, and as said, for healer it WAS in theory better than lightning strike, altough the fact you had to stand in melee range could be a bigger drawback than the very minor dps increase you'd get from using thrash over LS.

Tbh I'd have preferred to have it reworked into a kiting tool in pvp as well (and not as enfeebling strike, a sodding legendary utility) or just to /lol at an assassin under shroud (I did saber striked an assassin that did that in ranked last week. Darn hilarious, and he honestly was "*** dmg?" even if it was very minor, it was better than 0).

Tbh, its disappearance is part of a big "pruning" of the spec's ability to make it less overwhelming to new players. Some abilities that were removed were more useless than others, but most had some niche use people who knew these class well had discovered.