Optimal Stats For All 24 Disciplines, KOTFE Edition

Goblin_Lackey

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to ask this but what does this say?

Average Damage Profile: 50% MRKE / 35% FTKE / 15% FTIE

What is MRKE, FTKE, and FTIE?

thanks much

Attack and Damage types in the game.

To make it simple, attack types: M/R(melee/range) is white damage, F/T(force/tech) is yello damage.

Damage types: K/E(kinetic/energy) can be both M/R and F/T and can be defended if M/R and shielded in both cases. I/E(internal/elemental) is almost always F/T is neither defendable nor shieldable and only your I/E damage reduction and absorb shields like static barrier can reduce this damage. It's mostly dots.

Edited by Torvai

Attack and Damage types in the game.

To make it simple, attack types: M/R(melee/range) is white damage, F/T(force/tech) is yello damage.

Damage types: K/E(kinetic/energy) can be both M/R and F/T and can be defended if M/R and shielded in both cases. I/E(internal/elemental) is almost always F/T is neither defendable nor shieldable and only your I/E damage reduction and absorb shields like static barrier can reduce this damage. It's mostly dots.

Ohh, i see. I was looking for info on augs at each level. thank you

Question, what should people be parsing for HM & NiM content right now? Back in 4.0 I know it was about 5500 (HM) & 6000+ (NiM), but I'm totally clueless as to what folks are shooting for in 5.0.

• 3 weeks later...
Question, what should people be parsing for HM & NiM content right now? Back in 4.0 I know it was about 5500 (HM) & 6000+ (NiM), but I'm totally clueless as to what folks are shooting for in 5.0.

I'd say for NiM roughly 9k+ ; the more the better of course, especially for tight dps checks such as Styrak.

• 5 weeks later...
I dont mean to butt in on an old topic, but Im NOT in full 242s, but I break 19k-20k hps on my merc during operations like all the time. I think you did something wrong there.

This thread is based off sustained numbers (5 minute+- parse), there's no way you're sustaining 20k hps (effective or raw) through the duration of a boss fight on a merc geared in less than 242s. It's fairly common to exceed 20k in openers and burst windows, but you won't maintain it for long.

Also, if you're doing story mode operations, the bolster increases healing received which may further skew results when compared to this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Still can't figure out how tanks get damage reduction above 50%

If I could get the time to work out the ins and outs of the spread-sheet I'd post something. Adulting.... fml.

Need to get the max MR values figured.

Edited by Aderes

Reduction is not the same as Damage Reduction. The percentage for reduction is a combination of being able to defend, shield, and absorb damage based on the average damage profile. It's basically a rating used to define tank viability...very similar to DPS for damage dealers and HPS for healers.

Reduction is not the same as Damage Reduction. The percentage for reduction is a combination of being able to defend, shield, and absorb damage based on the average damage profile. It's basically a rating used to define tank viability...very similar to DPS for damage dealers and HPS for healers.

Yeah that's what I understand. But the information i got from dulfy is i will have 73.xx% damage reduction that i only have 54.25%.

Edited by HungryPajama

Yeah that's what I understand. But the information i got from dulfy is i will have 73.xx% damage reduction that i only have 54.25%.

The 73.xx% isn't a stat you have. It's the value by what you will reduce incoming damage on average, after everything that reduces damage has been applied(Defense, absorb shields, shield/absorb, damage reduction).

So if you see a 2500 dtps in your parser, pre mititgation this would have beend roughly 10k dtps.

The 73.xx% isn't a stat you have. It's the value by what you will reduce incoming damage on average, after everything that reduces damage has been applied(Defense, absorb shields, shield/absorb, damage reduction).

So if you see a 2500 dtps in your parser, pre mititgation this would have beend roughly 10k dtps.

Ok I understand now thx all replies :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Nope, use this one, which has the stats for 5.2:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=918622

That one does not have lower tiers of gear, so this original post is still important. Bant et al did a great job.

It may not be essential to optimize stats at the 230-236-242 levels but sometimes it helps as you are piecing together a set, especially in light of the addition of gear rating averages with 5.2.

Both threads should have a sticky please.

Edited by phalczen

Both threads are pretty outdated and with the discovery of how alacrity interacts with the gcd, almost useless. Any of the calculations for crit and alacrity are useless for both threads now.

Yeah. The way to go is (for DPS), to get above 737 Accuracy and 1860 Alacrity (exception for Arsenal and Carnage) and put the rest into Crit Rating.

For tanks, all theocrafted options are also useless, because shield and endurance are always outplaying absorb and defense in operations. Use B-Mods (Lethal for VG/Shadow, Warding for Guardian), use the best shield enhancemants (shield > endurance > defense) you can get and shield-augments. If you are scared of diminishing returns, use one or two absorb-enhancements. In addition, use DPS-Relics.

Edited by Exocor

• 8 months later...